Favorite CB Prospects

What CB would you be most happy with the Packers taking early?

• Trade away #45 and #14 to move up to the top 10 for Denzel Ward

Votes: 1 6.3%
  • Josh Jackson at #14

Votes: 3 18.8%
  • Trade back for Jaire Alexander

Votes: 3 18.8%
  • Trade back Mike Hughes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Trade back for Carlton Davis

• Isaiah Oliver at #45

Votes: 5 31.3%
  • Donte Jackson at #45

• Anthony Averett at #45

• Derwin James at #14

Votes: 2 12.5%
  • Trade back for Josh Jackson

Votes: 2 12.5%

• Total voters

RepStar15

"We're going to relentlessly chase perfection."
Reaction score
Obviously CB is a glaring need the Packers need to address in the 1st or 2nd round. Who is everyones favorite prospect that realistically we can take in the 1st or 2nd? Denzel Ward is by FAR my favorite CB prospect coming out of this draft. I do not think he is worth it to trade up for. I think if Ward is gone, it is worth trading back, but my favorite prospect is Josh Jackson. Who is yours?

OP
OP
RepStar15

RepStar15

Reaction score
Why is my vote for him the only one there? I'd actually take James or Ward first if they were there at 14.
It was meant to be about CB. I think its HIGHLY unlikely that Ward will be available at #14. I added James to the list even though he is not a CB, nor IMO should be one in the NFL. I added trade back for Josh Jaskson as well.

Poppa San

* Team Owner *
Staff member
Reaction score
It was meant to be about CB. I think its HIGHLY unlikely that Ward will be available at #14. I added James to the list even though he is not a CB, nor IMO should be one in the NFL. I added trade back for Josh Jaskson as well.
Redo it with multiple options?

Dantés

Gute Loot
Reaction score
Some teams will view Minkah Fitzpatrick as a corner and he could possibly slip to #14. Josh Jackson wouldn't be a bad pick there either, but he's not my first choice.

My preference would be to sit at #45 and see if Alexander or Hughes make it down there, possibly moving up a bit to get one.

Later options I like a lot include Isaac Yiadom, Duke Dawson, and M.J. Stewart.

GleefulGary

Cheesehead
Reaction score
My top 5 CB List:

1) Jaire Alexander
2) Denzel Ward
3) Mike Hughes
4) Josh Jackson
5) Isaiah Oliver

Carlton Davis and Quenton Meeks barely missing out.

jetfixer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I like several of these options, I'd love James, or another non CB stud at 14, and get Oliver or one of the others if they fall at 45, or move up from 45 to get one.
My first two picks, I want a CB and LB I think.

OP
OP
RepStar15

RepStar15

Reaction score
This is my dream scenario:

Packers trade #14 to the Patriots for #23 and #43
Then with #23 take Josh Jackson or Rashaad Evans
With #43 take Mike Hughes/Jaire Alexander or Leighton Vander Esch
With #45 take Courtland Sutton / DJ Moore / DJ Chark / Callaway (In order based on availability)

Then by the third round we have addressed some serious needs with solid players.

elcid

Cheesehead
Reaction score
This is my dream scenario:

Packers trade #14 to the Patriots for #23 and #43
Then with #23 take Josh Jackson or Rashaad Evans
With #43 take Mike Hughes/Jaire Alexander or Leighton Vander Esch
With #45 take Courtland Sutton / DJ Moore / DJ Chark / Callaway (In order based on availability)

Then by the third round we have addressed some serious needs with solid players.
I pretty much agree that this would be the dream scenario however I think that at #23 you are either taking Jackson/Alexander or Van der Esch and #43 you are taking Oliver/Hughes or Evans/Carter.

Of the Cb's, I just don't see value at 14 considering Ward is unlikely to be there. If none of the S's are still on the board, I'd like to see a trade back if the pick were to be a CB and then getting any of Alexander/Jackson/Oliver/Hughes with a late round first pick.

1. Ward
2. Alexander
3. Jackson
4. Oliver
5. Hughes

I'd give the last 3 all late first to early second round draft grades

Last edited:

jetfixer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Hughes will be in play at 23 I think, Sutton and Moore should be gone by 45, I think Chark and Anthony Miller will be in play around that pick.
This is a weak WR class so there might be a run in the second round. I’m also interested in E. Stbrown, and Lazard a little later.

ExpatPacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Some teams will view Minkah Fitzpatrick as a corner and he could possibly slip to #14. Josh Jackson wouldn't be a bad pick there either, but he's not my first choice.

My preference would be to sit at #45 and see if Alexander or Hughes make it down there, possibly moving up a bit to get one.

Later options I like a lot include Isaac Yiadom, Duke Dawson, and M.J. Stewart.

If Fitzpatrick is there at #14 he'd be a steal. He was Alabama's #1 CB and has the capacity to play safety as well. He's a faster Micah Hyde with a higher ceiling.

My ideal draft would be Fitzpatrick in round 1 and Arden Key in round 2. Other edge rushers Chubb, Davenport, Landry and Hubbard at #45 will probably all be gone.

Dantés

Gute Loot
Reaction score
If Fitzpatrick is there at #14 he'd be a steal. He was Alabama's #1 CB and has the capacity to play safety as well. He's a faster Micah Hyde with a higher ceiling.

My ideal draft would be Fitzpatrick in round 1 and Arden Key in round 2. Other edge rushers Chubb, Davenport, Landry and Hubbard at #45 will probably all be gone.

I’ve heard that some teams are down on Fitz because they don’t see a defined position for him. To me it seems simple. Play him at slot corner immediately and that will give him 70% of snaps or so as a rookie. Then figure out if he can hang at corner or if he needs to move to safety.

Last edited:

PackerDNA

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I pretty much agree that this would be the dream scenario however I think that at #23 you are either taking Jackson/Alexander or Van der Esch and #43 you are taking Oliver/Hughes or Evans/Carter.

Of the Cb's, I just don't see value at 14 considering Ward is unlikely to be there. If none of the S's are still on the board, I'd like to see a trade back if the pick were to be a CB and then getting any of Alexander/Jackson/Oliver/Hughes with a late round first pick.

1. Ward
2. Alexander
3. Jackson
4. Oliver
5. Hughes

I'd give the last 3 all late first to early second round draft grades

I like Ward 1st, Oliver 2nd.

thequick12

Cheesehead
Reaction score

I picked trade back for Josh Jackson because I like him the best of the corners listed and he might not even go in the first. Had Minkah Fitzpatrick at #14 been an option I would have ran to the podium as they say

ThePerfectBeard

Cheesehead
Reaction score
My top 5 CB List:

1) Jaire Alexander
2) Denzel Ward
3) Mike Hughes
4) Josh Jackson
5) Isaiah Oliver

Carlton Davis and Quenton Meeks barely missing out.

Perfect list in my opinion. I think people are sleeping on Alexander a bit because of a supposed "injury history", but watch his tape. He's so good, he baits quarterbacks into throwing at him. He could be the best corner in this draft. I also like Oliver a lot!

Arthur Squires

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Josh Jackson would be great at #14. Future Superstar best CB prospect this draft. C.Davis and MJ Stewart is who I'D target in 2nd if we miss on Jackson in 1st. My sleeper pick who I have going late 4th is Brandon Facyson Virginia Tech.

GleefulGary

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Perfect list in my opinion. I think people are sleeping on Alexander a bit because of a supposed "injury history", but watch his tape. He's so good, he baits quarterbacks into throwing at him. He could be the best corner in this draft. I also like Oliver a lot!

My beard and I are gonna enjoy this victory for a long while.

Beers or whiskeys to celebrate?

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts