Fair Weather THIS

SpartaChris

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Very nice. "Kiss the rings, *****!" was a favorite response to the d00sh-bag Vikings fans who were going out of their way to be obnoxious during Sunday's game.

Skol guy

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Very nice. "Kiss the rings, *****!" was a favorite response to the d00sh-bag Vikings fans who were going out of their way to be obnoxious during Sunday's game.
who? wasn't me as i was booted to keep me silent! Anyway Packer fans have been known to be very obnoxious at times as well even in defeat.

SpartaChris

Cheesehead
Reaction score
who? wasn't me as i was booted to keep me silent! Anyway Packer fans have been known to be very obnoxious at times as well even in defeat.

Oh no, definitely wasn't you. In fact, you're about the only Vikings fan I've seen who can have a decent conversation! :)

Nah, there were a couple of guys at the sports bar I was at who were going out of their way to be quite the ******. And I know we can certainly be just as obnoxious as anyone else. We're not immune by any stretch of the imagination.

DILLIGAFF

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yes I believe the Johnny Jolly's incident has more ramifications than just that game, that play, that viking touch down. Shows that the players have control of the team and MM's leadership ability to mold this team into winner is highly questionable.

I have said in the past that MM gets too involved in the Xs and Os of the game, getting players to leave their egos and agendas at home is the mark of a true winning head coach. Sadly, besides an O-line, thats what the Packers are lacking, a good head coach.

I think in the 2007 season thats what BF brought to the team, getting those players around him to commit to the team, MM was just a coordinator at that time in a head coaches uniform, BF was the true head coach and look what happened.

I think thats what BF was trying to say when he first retired, Its just not in me anymore to be the QB/Head Coach of this team, I don't want to do it anymore.

With the vikings all BF has to do is be a good QB and leader. Childress will bench Adrian Petterson for a series for fumble, no one on that team is bigger than the team or the head coach.

SpartaChris

Cheesehead
Reaction score
@DILLIGAFF-

I agree. I think McCarthy is losing his team. Players like Woodson and Jenkins are starting to openly question the defensive scheme and the offense is playing with a serious lack of discipline as evidenced by Jolly's bonehead penalty.

One thing I did like was how the team would rally around each other during the little scrums. It showed a passion and a fire that we haven't seen out of these guys in a while. Now if only they can take that passion and fire and execute. The sky really is the limit with these guys.

PackersRS

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Who the hell called you fair wheater man? WTF? Did you root for Minnesota to win? Did you wish for the Packers to lose? You only called for a ***** coach to be fired. What's bad in that? I do it everytime the Packers fail to score, or allow a TD. Hell, I change the channel and curse everybody everytime we play poorly. In the end, I allways cheer for us to win. Don't matter the situation. You're the same, I believe.

You don't need to cheer blindly to be a true packer fan, IMO. You just need to cheer DESPITE what's bothering, because in the end, a Packer win will make us much happier than any dismissal or hiring; That doesn't mean we're not aware of the situation, or that we can't wish for it to change.

PackersRS

Cheesehead
Reaction score
@DILLIGAFF-

I agree. I think McCarthy is losing his team. Players like Woodson and Jenkins are starting to openly question the defensive scheme and the offense is playing with a serious lack of discipline as evidenced by Jolly's bonehead penalty.

One thing I did like was how the team would rally around each other during the little scrums. It showed a passion and a fire that we haven't seen out of these guys in a while. Now if only they can take that passion and fire and execute. The sky really is the limit with these guys.
Unfortunately, that passion didn't lead to a necessary win, like it should've. I think most agree that this team, despite the flaws, has enough talent to make a run for it. But they need to play their best every snap for it to go well, and that doesn't seem the case. This team is like Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde; They're capable of making a tremenduous play, like only the elite teams are capable of, and then making the most stupid one, like only the Browns do.

To sum it up, I think MM is not a bad coach. With a great team, he could win. But he's not a good coach either. He'll never take a good team and make it great.

wizard 87

Old Enough To Know Better
Reaction score
Calling Ironman Fair weather is just wrong. I know of no greater fan then David, his passion and support of the packers is almost unbeatable.
To those of you preaching patience and “we have more games to play” How long must we accept mediocrity on all levels from the Packers before it’s ok to demand that corrections be made ? And who are any of you to question anyone’s level of allegiance ?
Carry on Ironman !

PackersRS

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Best case scenario would be to keep MM as an Offensive Coordinator and get someone else as head coach. Doubting that will happen, so I'm undecided about whether McCarthy should go. I don't think he is a good game-planner, or leader.
I think he's a great play designer, and an awesome QB coach. But that's it. Maybe he would be a good OC. But he's not a coach, and he would never accept the demotion...

realoatesman

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Currently going to college in Minnesota, but origi
I think he's a great play designer, and an awesome QB coach. But that's it. Maybe he would be a good OC. But he's not a coach, and he would never accept the demotion...

I think he would be an awesome OC, but if I were in his shoes I would go to another team before being demoted. IMO the packers offense can stand on it's own two feet without him, and what's really needed is leadership-especially with this young team. Not the kind of leadership that another player (like Rodgers or Woodson) can offer.

Members online

Latest posts