FA Targets

Dantés

Gute Loot
Reaction score
The Packers don't have a ton of room to work with, but here are some more modest options that they might look at in 2nd, 3rd waves of FA to help address current needs.

Tight End:

-Foster Moreau, Raiders
-Irv Smith Jr, Vikings
-Eric Tomlinson, Giants
-Chris Manhertz, Jaguars
-Geoff Swaim, Titans

Wide Receiver:

-
Deandre Carters, Chargers
-Darius Slayton, Giants
-Marquez Callaway, Saints
-Zach Pascal, Eagles
-Noah Brown, Cowboys

Defensive Line:

-A'Shawn Robinson, Rams
-Calais Campbell, Ravens
-Matt Ioannidis, Panthers
-Chris Wormley, Steelers

Edge Rusher:

-Lorenzo Carter, Falcons
-Dawuane Smoot, Jaguars
-Rasheem Green, Texans

Safety:

-Taylor Rapp, Rams
-John Johnson, Browns
-Donovan Wilson, Cowboys
-Julian Love, Giants

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
This roster has some good guys at key positions, but man it needs a lot of work yet. Even if they nail 3-4 of their draft picks, they'll still need to have no mistakes in a couple FA pick ups too.

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The Packers don't have a ton of room to work with, but here are some more modest options that they might look at in 2nd, 3rd waves of FA to help address current needs.

Tight End:

-Foster Moreau, Raiders
-Irv Smith Jr, Vikings
-Eric Tomlinson, Giants
-Chris Manhertz, Jaguars
-Geoff Swaim, Titans

Wide Receiver:

-
-Darius Slayton, Giants
-Zach Pascal, Eagles
-Noah Brown, Cowboys

Defensive Line:

-A'Shawn Robinson, Rams
-Calais Campbell, Ravens
-Chris Wormley, Steelers

Edge Rusher:

-Lorenzo Carter, Falcons
-Dawuane Smoot, Jaguars
-Rasheem Green, Texans

Safety:

-Taylor Rapp, Rams
-John Johnson, Browns
-Donovan Wilson, Cowboys
-Julian Love, Giants

So happy someone else gave both D Wilson and Noah Brown some love.

Also thought Calais could be excellent vet signing but I sense he goes to a clear contender personally

Reaction score
I’m gun shy drafting at Safety with a #15 overall. It’s an area that should lend a top 2-3 College candidate at nearly any position less maybe QB. Maybe it’s because we don’t properly use our Safeties in an impactful way, idk.

I do like the thought of resigning one of our own in Adrian Amos on a 1-2 year deal, hopefully in that affordable $5-6Mil per year range, with an out in 2024 if he doesn’t perform. Then I’d draft a Safety to groom anywhere from the 3rd-5th Rounds. I suspect we’ll have a bonus pick or three in that area.

I have a feeling Lazard won’t get resigned just simply because the WR value is inflated and he’s been itching to go. If Rodgers leaves I think it’s time to cut ties and let’s break up the Frat Party here. This is a team sport, not “The Rodgers Club”. We also need an answer for Cobb and I believe WR, Darius Slayton would bring more youth and an element of speed to our WR position in keeping with the Watson format. Also he’s an affordable option and his money wouldn’t preclude us from adding another option in the draft etc.

Using the Draft to address TE, adding Slayton and re-upping Amos are affordable options in totality that should still leave us some room to allow reasonable offers on 2-3 more key, internal FA players.

Last edited:

Schultz

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Tight End:

-Foster Moreau, Raiders
-Irv Smith Jr, Vikings
-Eric Tomlinson, Giants
-Chris Manhertz, Jaguars
-Geoff Swaim, Titans

Wide Receiver:

-
-Darius Slayton, Giants
-Zach Pascal, Eagles
-Noah Brown, Cowboys

Defensive Line:

-A'Shawn Robinson, Rams
-Calais Campbell, Ravens
-Chris Wormley, Steelers

Edge Rusher:

-Lorenzo Carter, Falcons
-Dawuane Smoot, Jaguars
-Rasheem Green, Texans

Safety:

-Taylor Rapp, Rams
-John Johnson, Browns
-Donovan Wilson, Cowboys
-Julian Love, Giants
Good stuff. Don't stop there. How about OL? Personally and selfishly I would love them to sign the real JLove. He is a great kid.

OP
OP
Dantés

Dantés

Gute Loot
Reaction score
Good stuff. Don't stop there. How about OL? Personally and selfishly I would love them to sign the real JLove. He is a great kid.

I don't really see the room on the roster for them to sign an offensive lineman.

1- Bakhtiari
2- Jenkins
3- Myers
4- Runyan
5- Nijman (if tendered)
6- Tom
7- Newman
8- Hanson
9- Rhyan
10- Walker
11- Jones

It's not that there aren't spots that could be upgraded there, but at the price point that the Packers will likely be shopping, I don't think they could afford guys who would legitimately improve on what they have. Maybe better to leave the depth to young, developing guys and add another rookie tackle to the mix.

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don't really see the room on the roster for them to sign an offensive lineman.

1- Bakhtiari
2- Jenkins
3- Myers
4- Runyan
5- Nijman (if tendered)
6- Tom
7- Newman
8- Hanson
9- Rhyan
10- Walker
11- Jones

It's not that there aren't spots that could be upgraded there, but at the price point that the Packers will likely be shopping, I don't think they could afford guys who would legitimately improve on what they have. Maybe better to leave the depth to young, developing guys and add another rookie tackle to the mix.

Agreed, unless we see a surprise cut of someone draft is the only way we will add to the room. With the price of these OTs on the FA market I worry a 2nd round tender for Nijman truly could be gobbled up.

OP
OP
Dantés

Dantés

Gute Loot
Reaction score
Agreed, unless we see a surprise cut of someone draft is the only way we will add to the room. With the price of these OTs on the FA market I worry a 2nd round tender for Nijman truly could be gobbled up.

Given that they're starting over with Love, I'd be OK with getting a 2nd round pick for Nijman. It would intensify the need to address RT, but that's really the only spot they would have to focus on as far as the starters go. Bakhtiari, Jenkins, and Runyan are good to go. They should have a competition at center, but Tom, Myers, and Hanson are a good group to do that with. Stack a rookie up with Walker, Jones, and I guess Newman and see who emerges.

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Given that they're starting over with Love, I'd be OK with getting a 2nd round pick for Nijman. It would intensify the need to address RT, but that's really the only spot they would have to focus on as far as the starters go. Bakhtiari, Jenkins, and Runyan are good to go. They should have a competition at center, but Tom, Myers, and Hanson are a good group to do that with. Stack a rookie up with Walker, Jones, and I guess Newman and see who emerges.

I've heard rumblings pressure on Myers is desired internally - to the point some wonder if Tom is going be presented as a competition for center, or if we go after a guy in the top 70 picks in a Cody Mauch or John Michael Schmitz. It's true though unless say Nijman ends up being nabbed there isn't a ton of room, other than room for needed growth out of people. I want a starting OL without Runyan and Newman unless they show notable improvement...but an OL that those two are your first reserves I'd argue is quite strong.

Schultz

Cheesehead
Reaction score

1- Bakhtiari
2- Jenkins
3- Myers
4- Runyan
5- Nijman (if tendered)
6- Tom
7- Newman
8- Hanson
9- Rhyan
10- Walker
11- Jones

Agreed. I just looked at my early draft needs list and you covered all of them except OL in your original post. I hope they draft an OLineman but not until late.

D

Deleted member 6794

In my opinion the Packers are in more desperate need of improving the offensive line if Love is their starter in 2023. If they let Nijman walk away the right side of the line should definitely be addressed. I agree the draft is the way to go though.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts