Possible Packers FA signings

GakkofNorway

Cheesehead
Reaction score
These players seems to be very interesting for the Packers in the FA. I left out most of the Packers players, but it doesn't mean they aren't interesting :p

Quarterbacks
John Kitna QB Bengals
Drew Brees QB Chargers

Runningbacks
Ahman Green RB Packers

Receivers
Antwaan Randle El WR Steelers
David Givens WR Patriots

Offensive linesmen
LeCharles Bentley C Saints
Justin Hartwig C Titans
Mike Williams T Bills
Kevin Shaffer T Falcons
Kenyatta Walker T Bucs

Defensive linesmen
Ryan Pickett DT Rams
Rob Meier DT Jaguars
Maake Kemoeatu DT Ravens
Kalimba Edwards DE Lions
Aaron Kampman DE Packers
Brett Keisel DE Steelers

Defensive backs
Ahmed Plummer CB 49ers
Will Allen CB Giants
Chris Hope SS Steelers
Will Demps SS Ravens
Will Witherspoon LB Panthers
Bart Scott LB Ravens
David Thornton LB Colts
Ben Taylor LB Browns

Kickers:
Adam Vinatieri K Patriots
Mike Vanderjagt K Colts
Ryan Longwell K Packers

Hammer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Kampman, Witherspoon, Thornton, Viniateri, Green. I know, we can't sign all five, but those are the ones I'd select from.
Hammer

OP
OP
G

GakkofNorway

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I would look for TT to sign either Plummer or Allen at CB, they will come pretty cheap because they haven't been playing up to their potential, but they have a lot of talent.

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
we dont need OTs or DTs

i like the CB\Safety ideas

hopefully we wont need a QB, but we should get a safety valve RB pick

i will be upset with TT if we dont get a good safety and CB.

HatestheEagles084

Cheesehead
Reaction score
-we're fools if we bring back ahman green or najeh davenport--Maurice Morris would be a terrific move, him and Gado would make a solid RB tandem. Both young yet, whereas Davenport and Green simply can't stay healthy.

-We need some interior d-line help, in particular experience...I like Gerard Warren who was cut by the Broncos, I like Ryan Pickett from the Rams--if we don't get Jackson back, we'll need two, I say take a long look at Larry Triplett who started for Indy this year, solid vs. the run. Colin Cole is solid, but we need some more meat in the center of our d-line if we want to be successful

-Cornerback...Ricky Manning from Carolina...Andre Dyson was just cut by Seattle, Will Allen from the Giants--we can get a solid #2 and get Carroll moved to nickelback where he is better suited

-Chris Hope would make my day as well

OP
OP
G

GakkofNorway

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I must agree with you regarding green and davenport, but I don't really see TT not signing green, if he could get him for a reasonable price. Personally I don't want green.

gopackgo4

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think green can be good if hes being moved in and out with gado and maybe calhoun he does have asthma so i think maybe he could be a good third down back

HatestheEagles084

Cheesehead
Reaction score
GakkofNorway said:
I must agree with you regarding green and davenport, but I don't really see TT not signing green, if he could get him for a reasonable price. Personally I don't want green.

The thing sticking in my mind is that Green's injury is the same injury Santana Dotson had...he basically fell off of a cliff when he came back to play. I still think Maurice Morris from Seattle is worth a shot, and I'll continue to push him...

retiredgrampa

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If the Vikes and Robinson can't strike a deal, what makes you think the Packers can? Minny has as much cap money as we do, and not as many holes to fill.

yooperfan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
retiredgrampa said:
If the Vikes and Robinson can't strike a deal, what makes you think the Packers can? Minny has as much cap money as we do, and not as many holes to fill.

Good point!

Especially since he jilted us for the queens last year.

BACKIN-PACKIN

Cheesehead
Reaction score
yooperfan said:
retiredgrampa said:

Good point!

Especially since he jilted us for the queens last year.

I agree, and Robinson has suspect hands, not to mention he hasn't been the all-in-one, today's magical wonder he was projected to be on draft day. Besides, he is in a race for bigger money and hasn't proven he is worth it.

Members online

Latest posts