Exciting year, studs n Duds Nfccg

D

Deleted member 6794

It was the best numbers for a specific stretch of games, not being the league leader in any category.

He had the most yards over a certain period than anyone else.

I'd find the stat again, but have no idea where I saw it.

While I saw that being posted on the forum before I don´t believe it is true. He was within the top 10 over a certain period but never led the league within a specific time frame.

gopkrs

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Studs The Packers I thought the season was over halfway through it and we bounced back. We beat the Giants and Dallas back to back. We definitely need to add (and subtract) a few things but I got more out of this season than I expected. If we try and catch up to the elite teams...we will win it next year.

RepStar15

"We're going to relentlessly chase perfection."
Reaction score
Duds:
Preperation for this game. With two WR not practicing, Rodgers being sick, delay of the flight, the Packers were not mentally prepared for this game. Then when we lost 7 players throughout the course of the game. I have said it before and I will say it again, the Packers have the leagues WORST athletic training staff. They are reactive opposed to proactive. They need to hire me. That is all.

C-Lee

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Duds:
Preperation for this game. With two WR not practicing, Rodgers being sick, delay of the flight, the Packers were not mentally prepared for this game. Then when we lost 7 players throughout the course of the game. I have said it before and I will say it again, the Packers have the leagues WORST athletic training staff. They are reactive opposed to proactive. They need to hire me. That is all.
This is probably the thing that makes me the most sad. This game was honestly over when we let ATL have the ball first. This was never a game. They could have at least made it exciting. The team as a whole simply did not show up for the NFCCG, and that's just inexcusable.

grampi

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Dud: Mark Murphy. I don't want meddlesome owners/presidents. I do want someone who holds his staff accountable.

- Rodgers. That badddddddddd mannnnnnnnn. He wasn't close to the worst. However his playoff resume dance the SB win isn't impressive. Again, no QB would've won with that D. He was still bad today.
He carried this team through 8 straight wins...he was bound to have a bad game sooner or later...

grampi

Cheesehead
Reaction score
This is probably the thing that makes me the most sad. This game was honestly over when we let ATL have the ball first.
I thought that was a big mistake too. GB should've taken the ball first and did everything they could to score a TD first. It's much easier playing when you're ahead than it is when you're behind...

InFamous

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Seeing Rodgers being that mad late in the fourth with the game out of reach, running for a first and not caring about getting hit, I have to give him a stud. Same for Nelson for simply suiting up.

The rest: All duds. :(

Royal Pain

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I was at the game. We knew it was going to be a shootout and the Packers didn't take advantage of early opportunities. We just have ran into a buzz saw and the Falcons were the better team.
Couldn't believe how loud that place was yesterday. My ears are still ringing.

pacmaniac

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Dud: did anyone mention that ridiculous flop from Alford after Rodgers bumped him?

JK64

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Duds Defense
Duds Secondary
Ripkowski and Crosby both changed the any momentum the Packers had
Duds Defense
Duds Secondary
Duds Defense
Duds Secondary
TT for not addressing secondary.

JK64

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Randall & Gunter (for being the worst cb tandem in history of the NFL playoffs. words can't describe how absolutely trashy these two played in Dallas last week and today in Atlanta. It seems like anything that is thrown their way is an automatic completion and replays always show them getting absolutely annihilated on routes. Just absolutely horrific their performance
TT picked these bums, and should be wacked in the sack with a ball bat.

JK64

Cheesehead
Reaction score
So disappointed in Randall this year. I think he played really well, at least in the beginning half of last year. I think I saw someone else say it, but we need to not draft defensive backs out of the Pac 12. I don't follow college all that much, but I would think the Big 10 and SEC have more NFL ready defensive backs / defensive players in general. I feel like 80% of our defensive roster is un-drafted free agents or from the Pac 12.
We need to look in free agency as well, rookies take too long to get in line.

melvin dangerr

In it to Win it All
Reaction score
What would have hurt the most? Losing NFC title game or losing SB losing theNFC championship game, because all the nay Sayers said Green Bay didn't belong there, with this team and they overachieved, and got their, just wish we could have made it to theSB, yes it would have hurt too! be just listening to the so-called expert the next day about how we beat the 2 top dogs would have been nice...next year maybe..

D

Deleted member 6794

Well, have we used up our cap space? "Now is the time."

The Packers will roll over less than $10 million of cap space into 2017. While Thompson hasn´t spent all of the team´s cap space for several seasons it´s smart to ´some wiggling room during the season.

He carried this team through 8 straight wins...he was bound to have a bad game sooner or later...

Rodgers performed at a decent level vs. the Falcons. Unfortunately anything less than the quarterback playing elite isn´t enough to compete with good teams because the defense is absolutely terrible.

gopkrs

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The Packers will roll over less than $10 million of cap space into 2017. While Thompson hasn´t spent all of the team´s cap space for several seasons it´s smart to ´some wiggling room during the season.

Rodgers performed at a decent level vs. the Falcons. Unfortunately anything less than the quarterback playing elite isn´t enough to compete with good teams because the defense is absolutely terrible.

$10 million is probably a super star in the making or two very good players. Could put us over the hump. Have we ever spent that extra money during a season?? I think we need to spend money on a proven CB. They take too long to mature and then they are ready for free agency.

Members online

Latest posts