Exciting year, studs n Duds Nfccg

dbain21

Chicagoland Packer Fan
Reaction score
This was an exciting finish but another disappointing exit. Honestly though, with Aaron Rodgers as your quarterback, is any season without a SB anything but disappointing?

Studs:
-Jordy for playing with broken ribs
-A-rod just because this would have been a 44-0 game without him
-Falcons offense cause they are legit
-Mike Daniels & Ha Ha. Only defensive players that are consistently good

Duds:
-All of the D which has been the case most of the season, but an obvious shout out to the terrible defensive backs. Randall is at this point a bust.
-Injuries / Training staff / Luck - I know a lot of people hate on Aikmen, but he brought up what us fans always say about injuries. This team deals with an abnormal amount of injuries for a consistent playoff/SB contender. Aikman mentioned that McCarthy would have to take a good look at the training staff and what is causing these injuries and I agree 100%. Some of it is bad luck, but it seemed like on every other play in this game and in Dallas there was a player getting up gimpy, or limping or going to the locker room. Something needs to change
-O-line - give credit to the Atlanta defense, but the o-line had its worst game of the season IMO. It didn't help that injuries were a factor.
-Ripkowski - That fumble was a huuuuge momentum killer and at that point, it looked like our offense would be unstoppable, much like Atlanta's. That fumble seemed to take the sails out of the whole team.

-And last but not least...the 2014/15 NFCCG in Seattle is my last dud. That game/blunder/f-up will still haunt this team. Yes we made it back to the NFC title game this year, but we never looked like we had this game. We had that game against Seattle and blew it. We haven't come that close since, and until we make the Superbowl, we will always have to live with that.

It will be interesting to see if Dom gets the axe. Slocum got it after the blunder in Seattle. It's hard not to argue that injuries played a roll in the defensive struggles, but these guys didn't look like an NFL defense today. Aaron isn't getting any younger so hopefully they figure it out. Highlight of the season was last week in Dallas. Wish it would have been the Superbowl.

Last edited:

mongoosev

Cheesehead
Reaction score
duds we lost so bad
studs packers and their miraculous run to make it this far after a dismal season

Cheese Meister

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Well, I'm just going to wash my Rodgers jersey now.

Yeah, it's not fun to not make it to the Super Bowl, but we kept the Cowboys out, and we did go pretty far.

ChicagoPackerfan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Studs: Aaron Rodgers (solidified himself for me as a legend after this season and imo the greatest quarterback to ever play the game)

Randall & Gunter (for being the worst cb tandem in history of the NFL playoffs. words can't describe how absolutely trashy these two played in Dallas last week and today in Atlanta. It seems like anything that is thrown their way is an automatic completion and replays always show them getting absolutely annihilated on routes. Just absolutely horrific their performance.
Ripkowski (fumble that was beginning of the end)
Crosby (stud last week, missed from 41 in a situation where points were absolutely crucial)
Capers & McCarthy
Cook (butter fingers)
Adams (has this guy ever showed up for 2 consecutive games?)
Michael (quite possibly lowest iq football player I've ever seen)
Datone (where was he)
Rollins (another bum)
Clay (washed up)
Peppers (great career, but time to retire)

Brandon

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Only realistic stud was Nelson for toughing out an injury that is especially vulnerable to wide receivers.

Duds was the entire defense- no pressure up front, can't stick on receivers, can't intercept balls that need to be intercepted.

Another dud would be coaching- it absolutely crushed me when they elected to onside kick with a full quarter down by 3 scores. I understand the defense wasn't playing well, but one stop there and we could potentially get back in it.

ChicagoPackerfan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I find it disappointing.

I agree. I think any time you have the best player in the game as your gun slinger it is disappointing to end the season without the Lombardi Trophy in his hands.

I think as fans of one of the most prolific organizations in sports, we must step up our expectations and demand a better our front office to give 12 a supporting cast where he doesn't have to be superman every Sunday. Is that too much to ask for?

KevinR

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Many counted the Pack out a long time ago but look how far they went, better than most other teams, we made it to the playoffs !The Pack still winners in my book !

dbain21

Chicagoland Packer Fan
Reaction score
Studs: Aaron Rodgers (solidified himself for me as a legend after this season and imo the greatest quarterback to ever play the game)

Randall & Gunter (for being the worst cb tandem in history of the NFL playoffs. words can't describe how absolutely trashy these two played in Dallas last week and today in Atlanta. It seems like anything that is thrown their way is an automatic completion and replays always show them getting absolutely annihilated on routes. Just absolutely horrific their performance.

So disappointed in Randall this year. I think he played really well, at least in the beginning half of last year. I think I saw someone else say it, but we need to not draft defensive backs out of the Pac 12. I don't follow college all that much, but I would think the Big 10 and SEC have more NFL ready defensive backs / defensive players in general. I feel like 80% of our defensive roster is un-drafted free agents or from the Pac 12.

Arthur Squires

Cheesehead
Reaction score
One positive I'll throw out there, Kenny Clark improved immensely back part of season! He was making nice tackles at the line of scrimmage and showed nice recognition on screens and such. I saw alot of Clark and Lowry stuffing the middle run game!

Carl

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Ripkowski (fumble that was beginning of the end)
Crosby (stud last week, missed from 41 in a situation where points were absolutely crucial)
Capers & McCarthy
Cook (butter fingers)
Adams (has this guy ever showed up for 2 consecutive games?)
Michael (quite possibly lowest iq football player I've ever seen)
Datone (where was he)
Rollins (another bum)
Clay (washed up)
Peppers (great career, but time to retire)

Adams was awesome for about 6 games in a row during the win streak. There was a stretch where he had the best numbers in the league.

I

I asked LT to delete my acct

Stud;
JORDY NELSON for putting his health at risk and suiting up.

D

Deleted member 6794

Another dud would be coaching- it absolutely crushed me when they elected to onside kick with a full quarter down by 3 scores. I understand the defense wasn't playing well, but one stop there and we could potentially get back in it.

The onside kick was absolutely the right decision at that point.

Adams was awesome for about 6 games in a row during the win streak. There was a stretch where he had the best numbers in the league.

There was a stretch were Adams was among the top receivers in the league but it´s simply not true he had the best numbers during any period this season.

Carl

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The onside kick was absolutely the right decision at that point.

There was a stretch were Adams was among the top receivers in the league but it´s simply not true he had the best numbers during any period this season.

It was the best numbers for a specific stretch of games, not being the league leader in any category.

He had the most yards over a certain period than anyone else.

I'd find the stat again, but have no idea where I saw it.

Vince Lombardi

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Studs:
Atlanta Falcons - they are legit
Jody Nelson - thats one tough SOB

Duds:
Packers team
Packers coaching staff
Packers GM

This team was totally out coached, out manned, not even close to ready to play this game. To me this game was over when they decided to defer to start the game. Why would you put that crappy defense on the field first? Take the ball and maybe go down and score and put the pressure on them to follow suit.

This defense needs a major overhaul. First move should be to get rid of Capers and get some young innovative DC. They need help at OLB, CB & DL. This defense can't be fixed by just the draft. Ted needs to venture into free agency to help this team out. If he won't do that then maybe Murphy needs to grow a pair and get rid of Ted and get a more aggressive GM in here also.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts