1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!

Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Exciting times for Defense

Discussion in 'Packer Fan Forum' started by Greenbayphil, Oct 25, 2011.

1. Greenbayphil

Greenbayphil Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +157
    I know weve all ad our worries about the amount of yards given up over the last 7 weeks but check this.

After the bye we will hopefully have this:

Sam Shields playing (He got cleared to play yesterday I think)
    Mike Neal (hopefully will give us a stronger presence in the pass rush and complement Matthews)
    Morgan Burnett (Hopefully hand will be well on its way to getting the cast off)
    Woodson (played great game, some nice rest will do him well)
    Matthews (Same as above)

And now Bush and Peprah are settling in and have played pretty damn good over the past couple of weeks.

On top of that Capers has 2 weeks to prepare for the most over-rated team in football.

Expect a turn around guys!

2. packerfan4ever

packerfan4ever Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +53
    I do think they will be ready for chargers and getting some players back that will help big time since Rivers likes to pass a lot.

3. Packers_89

Packers_89 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +6
    I don't think that Morgan Burnett cast is coming off for a while. I mean it is a broken hand. That doesn't heal in a month.

I do really hope shields and neal play. We need them on D.

4. Greenbayphil

Greenbayphil Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +157
    I can hope.

5. Bogart

Bogart Duke Mantee

Ratings:
    +871
    I see a big game defensively against the Chargers.

Let's just face it without all the media saying it, Phillip Rivers has been off this year, and he is not a top 5 quarterback.

Our defense should get 2 or 3 picks on him.

6. Packers_89

Packers_89 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +6
    He is still a great quarterback. There were there no injuries or anything with him that I know of. You don't lose that talent over an off season during your prime. He can go off on us very easily. But I hope you are right.

7. Kitten

Kitten Feline Cheesehead Staff Member Super Moderator

Ratings:
    +1,442
    I have a funny feeling Dom Capers and his army of defense will not be idle this bye week. I think he will use this bye week to fine tune his machine and get them ready for the 2nd half of the season. It's also a time to heal up nagging injuries. We have a long road ahead of us to the SB.

8. Bogart

Bogart Duke Mantee

Ratings:
    +871
    I think this speaks for itself...

[​IMG]

Do not at his complete percentages in these games like Denver, and the Jets.

Also, he's getting sacked a lot it looks like. Good opportunity to blitz the hell out of him.

Say, did anyone see the last 2 minutes of the Chargers game? They looked clueless running the 2 minute offense. Not a care in the world.

9. Packers_89

Packers_89 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +6
    He has been playing like crap. But he still has the talent to put up 350 yards and 3 TDs against us.

10. Greenbayphil

Greenbayphil Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +157
    yeh and by the looks of it 3TD's and 5 Ints.

We lead the league in INTS, we should be able to get the ball back a few times since he has thrown more ints than TDS

• Like Like x 1
  11. Packers_89

Packers_89 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +6
    LOL I hope so.