Euro 2012

OP
OP
PackerFan71

PackerFan71

Life on the Edge
Reaction score
Putting club rivalries aside for a bit, they seem like good guys. :)

You must be logged in to see this image or video!

mhnessie

Full On Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yep thats him he is a popular guy alright! even some England fans dislike him. He's a bit of a old irrelevant joke really,:laugh: Ah cool shirt!:tup: Lillywhites is that the one near Piccadilly Circus? Ill have to go there next time im in London. Lots of people have told me about it.

True but they better both be careful, Ukraine and Sweden are still dangerous.

Ukraine 2 - 1 Sweden

At first i thought i was watching Sweden v Boca Juniors, then i realised what i thought was Sweden was in fact Ukraine. New shirts obviously.:D Chelsea oldboy (Misfit) Sheva got both for Ukraine, Sweden should have made it 2-2 really.

mhnessie below is my latest addition to my collection well last year ha!, im really picky with my choice of shirts and i never buy the very latest unless they are real mint designs. Ill get the latest Scotland and the new Germany away mabey, in about 6-9 months time when they are half price new and tagged, £50 - 80 Euros crazy money.:cautious:

Yepp - Lillywhites is near Piccadilly Circus, huge store, mostly with reduced sporting goods.
I go there everytime when visiting London to buy me some Lonsdale shirts and other stuff.
They also have a website I did not know before but I got a plastic bag with this website-adress on it:

http://www.sportsdirect.com/

Very nice Scotland shirt and you are right - prices are crazy and in my mind the latest one is not always the best or nicest one.
But I must admit - when I like a new shirt/jersey I sometimes want to have it right now and so I pay these silly prices from time to time. :rolleyes:
Same with my A-Rod Packers Jersey last year - authentic one, I think it was roundabout 200 USD ? :eek:

mhnessie

Full On Cheesehead
Reaction score
Putting club rivalries aside for a bit, they seem like good guys. :)
quote]
I like Thomas Müller, he seems to be a humble guy, both are playing for Bayern Munich btw. ;)

Todays game between Poland and Russia seems to be an interesting one because of the rivalry.
I hope the fans will stay calm, it's football, no politics !

OP
OP
PackerFan71

PackerFan71

Life on the Edge
Reaction score
Yepp - Lillywhites is near Piccadilly Circus, huge store, mostly with reduced sporting goods.
I go there everytime when visiting London to buy me some Lonsdale shirts and other stuff.
They also have a website I did not know before but I got a plastic bag with this website-adress on it:

http://www.sportsdirect.com/

Very nice Scotland shirt and you are right - prices are crazy and in my mind the latest one is not always the best or nicest one.
But I must admit - when I like a new shirt/jersey I sometimes want to have it right now and so I pay these silly prices from time to time. :rolleyes:
Same with my A-Rod Packers Jersey last year - authentic one, I think it was roundabout 200 USD ? :eek:

Sports Direct they are a nationwide Sports Store here, not bad a bit less expensive than Subside Sports.

Sometimes i break my rule and i pay full price i cant help it either. :D

OUCH!! and i thought Soccer shirts were expensive omg!

Real quality though at that price, no plastic print numbers on that A-Rod shirt. :tup:

I like Thomas Müller, he seems to be a humble guy, both are playing for Bayern Munich btw. ;)

Todays game between Poland and Russia seems to be an interesting one because of the rivalry.
I hope the fans will stay calm, it's football, no politics !
I know your HSV thats why i put ''Rivalries'';) Müller for me showed alot of class after the CFL. Some idiot Journalist asked him how he felt. He shrugged his shoulders and said something like, ''We lost a game of football, there are more important things in life.'' Good on him.

I'm going for the Russians in this game, and hopefully no trouble yeah.

OP
OP
PackerFan71

PackerFan71

Life on the Edge
Reaction score
Czech Republic 2 - 1 Greece

Greece for me are the wost team in the tournament, very defensive making alot of mistakes and yet they still mange to score a scrappy goal somehow. Czech's needed a win or they were going home, job done for now.

mhnessie

Full On Cheesehead
Reaction score
Czech Republic 2 - 1 Greece

Greece for me are the wost team in the tournament, very defensive making alot of mistakes and yet they still mange to score a scrappy goal somehow. Czech's needed a win or they were going home, job done for now.

You are right, Greece and maybe Ireland are the worst teams in the tournament.
And at the moment it looks like Russia will be qualified for the playoffs after the game against Poland....

OP
OP
PackerFan71

PackerFan71

Life on the Edge
Reaction score
You are right, Greece and maybe Ireland are the worst teams in the tournament.
And at the moment it looks like Russia will be qualified for the playoffs after the game against Poland....

Greece yes they are pretty rank, i think ill give Ireland the benefit of the doubt for now. And see how they do in their second game, before i put them quite as low as Greece. It won't be easy for Ireland though thats for sure. :cautious:

Poland 1 - 1 Russia

Enjoyed this game both teams wanting to play, really good equaliser by Poland. More of these type of games Please!!!!

Sadly also Trouble at the game, inevitable i suppose. A minority of the alleged fans in Eastern Europe are thugs out for nothing really but violence, just Morons.

mhnessie

Full On Cheesehead
Reaction score
Greece yes they are pretty rank, i think ill give Ireland the benefit of the doubt for now. And see how they do in their second game, before i put them quite as low as Greece. It won't be easy for Ireland though thats for sure. :cautious:

Poland 1 - 1 Russia

Enjoyed this game both teams wanting to play, really good equaliser by Poland. More of these type of games Please!!!!

Sadly also Trouble at the game, inevitable i suppose. A minority of the alleged fans in Eastern Europe are thugs out for nothing really but violence, just Morons.

Yes, great game !
And as said before - keep politics out of football ! Idiots ! :mad:
Now I am waiting for the big game tonight, after that the dutch team can book their flights back home :tup::roflmao:
But to be honest - my prediction is a draw, 2:2 !

OP
OP
PackerFan71

PackerFan71

Life on the Edge
Reaction score
Yes, great game !
And as said before - keep politics out of football ! Idiots ! :mad:
Now I am waiting for the big game tonight, after that the dutch team can book their flights back home :tup::roflmao:
But to be honest - my prediction is a draw, 2:2 !

I watch Football to get away from rubbish like Politics and Bigotry, These idiots have nothing to do with Football they just attach themselves to it.
Yep looking forward to the game, difficult to predict though as the Dutch are hot and cold. The score?....who knows it could be anything. Just hope its a good match. :)

Denmark 2 - 3 Portugal

Good game, i don't really like Portugal because of the Poser with the weird haircut its a (Man Utd thing), no matter Portugal's play was a bit better. They deserved it.

Now for the Main Event..........

mhnessie

Full On Cheesehead
Reaction score
I watch Football to get away from rubbish like Politics and Bigotry, These idiots have nothing to do with Football they just attach themselves to it.
Yep looking forward to the game, difficult to predict though as the Dutch are hot and cold. The score?....who knows it could be anything. Just hope its a good match. :)

Denmark 2 - 3 Portugal

Good game, i don't really like Portugal because of the Poser with the weird haircut its a (Man Utd thing), no matter Portugal's play was a bit better. They deserved it.

Now for the Main Event..........

Me too, what an a*****, however - Germany leads 1:0 and what a chance...Badstuber.....edit: and now....Gomez ! 2:0 :roflmao:
Bye, bye....Holland....have a safe trip back home ! :devilish::D

OP
OP
PackerFan71

PackerFan71

Life on the Edge
Reaction score
Me too, what an a*****, however - Germany leads 1:0 and what a chance...Badstuber.....edit: and now....Gomez ! 2:0 :roflmao:
Bye, bye....Holland....have a safe trip back home ! :devilish::D

Germany 2 - 1 Holland

High quality goals from both teams, very disappointed with Holland because their players haven't turned up this tournament. They only woke up from their sleep and negative tactics when they scored with 20 mins left. Thats not Germany's fault though, they were the better team on the day. Looking like an early bus trip home for the Dutchboys, unless they produce a minor miracle in the last group game.:rolleyes:

Croak

Vincit qui patitur
Reaction score
Germany 2 - 1 Holland

High quality goals from both teams, very disappointed with Holland because their players haven't turned up this tournament. They only woke up from their sleep and negative tactics when they scored with 20 mins left. Thats not Germany's fault though, they were the better team on the day. Looking like an early bus trip home for the Dutchboys, unless they produce a minor miracle in the last group game.:rolleyes:

The question of the day...is the monkey now off of Gomez' back?

Sent from my Kindle Fire using Tapatalk 2

mhnessie

Full On Cheesehead
Reaction score

Yes, I think so.
Though I'm not a huge Gomez fan I must admit that he's our best striker at the moment.
And the headline of our biggest, local newspaper here in Hamburg shows a picture of Gomez and asks: "Noch Fragen (Any more questions?) "

OP
OP
PackerFan71

PackerFan71

Life on the Edge
Reaction score

I don't follow as much German football as i should, so i don't really know Gomez's past and form. But he's on fire right now, whatever it is that puts a player in the zone don't question it. He's there for his country at the moment.

The O'irish may not be the best team, but their fans don't take things all that seriously.:)

England play like Zombies, here's the evidence.......

OP
OP
PackerFan71

PackerFan71

Life on the Edge
Reaction score
Italy 1 - 1 Croatia

A good point for Croatia, after the Italians took the lead. I hope Croatia make it out of the Group, their play and style are an example to other small nations. Cannot belive they came 2nd behind Greece in qualifying?!:confused:
Im supporting the Croats along with Die Mannschaft.

mhnessie

Full On Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don't follow as much German football as i should, so i don't really know Gomez's past and form. But he's on fire right now, whatever it is that puts a player in the zone don't question it. He's there for his country at the moment.

The O'irish may not be the best team, but their fans don't take things all that seriously.:)

England play like Zombies, here's the evidence.......

Uuuuh, who's No. 6 ? Lescott...? :eek::D
And the irish fans are simply great, like that picture and that sense of humour ! :tup:
btw - 1:0 Spain....:(

OP
OP
PackerFan71

PackerFan71

Life on the Edge
Reaction score
Uuuuh, who's No. 6 ? Lescott...? :eek::D
And the irish fans are simply great, like that picture and that sense of humour ! :tup:
btw - 1:0 Spain....:(

Yeah thats Lescott i think handsome chap! :roflmao:

Spain 4 - 0 Ireland

Spain showing us why they are the Kings of World Football, it was almost cruel at times how dominant they were. Spain completed approx 860 passes during the game. Ireland similar to Scotland (but at least making the finals,) are punching above their weight in just qualifying. Roy Keane was furious on UK TV about the Irish team. Love him or loath him i think he has a point. I think also i'd rather not be at the finals instead of getting smashed like that.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/fo...at-urging-them-to-change-their-mentality.html

mhnessie

Full On Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yeah thats Lescott i think handsome chap! :roflmao:

Spain 4 - 0 Ireland

Spain showing us why they are the Kings of World Football, it was almost cruel at times how dominant they were. Spain completed approx 860 passes during the game. Ireland similar to Scotland (but at least making the finals,) are punching above their weight in just qualifying. Roy Keane was furious on UK TV about the Irish team. Love him or loath him i think he has a point. I think also i'd rather not be at the finals instead of getting smashed like that.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/fo...at-urging-them-to-change-their-mentality.html

You only learn from the best and they qualified and deserved to be there.
But of course Roy Keane is somehow right, celebrating yourself, together with these incredible fans is not enough when playing a tournement like this.
Ireland has to change their style of playing football...kick and rush, that were the 80's.
They have to improve and the first step would be to release "Trap" and to hire a new, young coach with a modern football philosophy.
But at the end - Ireland will never play football like Spain ;)

OP
OP
PackerFan71

PackerFan71

Life on the Edge
Reaction score
You only learn from the best and they qualified and deserved to be there.
But of course Roy Keane is somehow right, celebrating yourself, together with these incredible fans is not enough when playing a tournement like this.
Ireland has to change their style of playing football...kick and rush, that were the 80's.
They have to improve and the first step would be to release "Trap" and to hire a new, young coach with a modern football philosophy.
But at the end - Ireland will never play football like Spain ;)

Absolutley true, some learn some don't. Im just glad Scotland never made it at this time though ha!
Kick and rush didnt do Ireland any harm under Jack Charlton, but they had much better players back then who knew how to play the system better. The quality of players they have now isnt all that good. One bad tournament might do them good and they will be better at a future one who knows.
No UK or Ireland national team is anywhere near Spains quality when they turn it on, fantastic to watch.:tup:

England play Sweden today, and will show the world their amazing skills and dazzling play and easily beat the Swedes. <====Sarcasm alert! They better be careful they dont underestimate Sweden in my opinion.

mhnessie

Full On Cheesehead
Reaction score
Absolutley true, some learn some don't. Im just glad Scotland never made it at this time though ha!
Kick and rush didnt do Ireland any harm under Jack Charlton, but they had much better players back then who knew how to play the system better. The quality of players they have now isnt all that good. One bad tournament might do them good and they will be better at a future one who knows.
No UK or Ireland national team is anywhere near Spains quality when they turn it on, fantastic to watch.:tup:

England play Sweden today, and will show the world their amazing skills and dazzling play and easily beat the Swedes. <====Sarcasm alert! They better be careful they dont underestimate Sweden in my opinion.

Thats mean.....;)
First game today suspended.....:rolleyes:

OP
OP
PackerFan71

PackerFan71

Life on the Edge
Reaction score
Thats mean.....;)
First game today suspended.....:rolleyes:

Why not i say they deserve it!:eek:;) its annoying on UK TV, England this England that even in games they have nothing to do with. How will this match affect England?..........................:cautious: :mad: Mon the Swedes!

Heavy rain, game on now. 0-0 at halftime.

Ukraine 0 - 2 France

Too much class from France told in the end, well taken goals three points in the bag.

mhnessie

Full On Cheesehead
Reaction score
As expected, really difficult game for us against Denmark.
Both games 1:1 at halftime, at the moment Germany and Portugal are qualified for the playoffs.
To be on the safe side we need a second goal as soon as possible.....

mhnessie

Full On Cheesehead
Reaction score
Just be prepared for the Greeks on Friday, they will attempt to bore you into submission.:sleep::rolleyes:

Good read.
http://www.footballtransfertavern.com/2012/06/premiership/are-we-seeing-the-death-of-the-number-9

We should be able to beat the Greeks but you are right, the will try to slow down the game, that's their only chance.

Very interesting article, the "death" of the number 9 is a rather sad story because when I was young (born '70) my football heroes where number 9s, like Horst Hrubesch or the ultimate Hamburg football hero Uwe Seeler ;)
I loved players like Alan Shearer, Ally Mc Coist, Gary Lineker,....
Fabregas playing as a striker, well that's modern football :confused:

OP
OP
PackerFan71

PackerFan71

Life on the Edge
Reaction score
We should be able to beat the Greeks but you are right, the will try to slow down the game, that's their only chance.

Very interesting article, the "death" of the number 9 is a rather sad story because when I was young (born '70) my football heroes where number 9s, like Horst Hrubesch or the ultimate Hamburg football hero Uwe Seeler ;)
I loved players like Alan Shearer, Ally Mc Coist, Gary Lineker,....
Fabregas playing as a striker, well that's modern football :confused:

Do us all a favour please!!
Yep its Football but not as we know it! :roflmao: Im a traditionalist 4-4-2 flat back four, ball winner and a creative central midfielder, two wingers, and a big stong number 9 and smaller skillful partner up front. Happy Days! :)

Members online

No members online now.