ESPN Super Bowl 40 man roster

Aceschnd

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Anybody watch this tonight? Good picks, Lombardi was the overall choice to be the all time coach for the team. I missed the middle but I think the Pack had some players on offense and defense. I saw Desmond Howard as a special team player. Reggie and Nitschke on D. Max Mcgee as a reciever. Whats your opinion on the list. I'll post a link when I find it.

http://sports.espn.go.com/chat/sportsna ... id=2307615

Starters in this link, I couldn't find backups link.

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
i didnt watch it. its a big ol opinion peice, but im still glad some packers got on the list! YAY!

shiftysdad

Cheesehead
Reaction score
id anybody notice favre wasn't a candidate for quarterback?
mind you i'm happy 'bout bart starr. i am also happy with the amount of packers on here you know... for being the best overall team in the NFC

yooperfan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
shiftysdad said:
id anybody notice favre wasn't a candidate for quarterback?
mind you i'm happy 'bout bart starr. i am also happy with the amount of packers on here you know... for being the best overall team in the NFC
From what I saw and heard I don't think Bart Starr made it onto the 40 man roster.
I heard a big hulaballoo goin on about that on ESPN radio yesterday but I was talking to my daughter and I didn't get the story.

shiftysdad

Cheesehead
Reaction score
i checked... Bart Starr is on there... it goes
Troy Aikman,
Terry Bradshaw,
Tom Brady,
John Elway,
Joe Montana,
Joe Namath,
Phil Simms,
BART STARR,
Doug Williams,
and Steve Young.
i would have also liked to have seen Johnny Unitas on there too... but...

DePack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Johnny U. played in parts of two Suoer Bowls. His combined stats are as follows: 14 for 33.....198 yards...1 TD and 3 ints.

Since this thread is about Super Bowls and you said he won, I am assuming you are talking about Super Bowl 5 as being the greatest game of all-time?????? Unitas' stats for that game 3 for 9.....88 yards ....0 tds.....2 ints. The MVP of the game went to Chuck Howley....a linebacker for the Cowboys.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
I think it is based on extraordinary performances in a Super Bowl..Or many numerous wins in a Super Bowl.

How else do you describe Williams there and not Brett?

shiftysdad

Cheesehead
Reaction score
yea... i thought it was of all time and thats why i was upset 'bout favre not being on there
but now i know it's about superbowls and i'm now not amazed that joe montana won