1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
  2. Announcement is LIVE: Read the Forum Post

Erie summer article on Brett

Discussion in 'All Other Team Discussions' started by longtimefan, Nov 3, 2010.

1. longtimefan

longtimefan Super Moderator Staff Member Super Moderator

Ratings:
    +2,970
    Favre return has makings for disastrous sequel - NFL - Yahoo! Sports

AUG 18TH 2010

2. IluvGB

IluvGB I <3 Packers!!!!

Ratings:
    +845
    Wow...where DO you find these things!...I was reading this as Chilly and Moss topped the "Stink Pile" on Sports Nation!!! Some guy in the background yells.. "Brett Favre too!" to which she goes..."No! Not Brett Favre!" .. Dang! So close! My week would of been just about perfect if they would of had him up with them
    as the top 3!!!! :stinker:

3. ivo610

ivo610 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +4,048
    I thought last season was going to be a disaster and ripped the viking fans, man was I off a year

4. longtimefan

Ratings:
    +2,970
    I m surprised no one else has really commented on this

5. PackersRS

PackersRS Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +979
    Favre, in this decade, never had 2 good seasons in a row. In fact, there were only two times that Favre had consecutive good statistical seasons: his MVP years. Other than that, it was one fantastic season followed by a crappy one.

Now, add the fact that most MN's starts are in clear decline (Pat Williams, Jared Allen, Hutchingson, Winfield) or have been seriously hurt (Sidney Rice), and one of the most innept coaches of all time, both on game management, as well as in locker room management, and you've got a recipe for desaster.

6. PackersRS

PackersRS Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +979
    People don't look at the NFL News section on the main page. It's way down there.

7. Chop0Suey

Chop0Suey Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +16
    Brett Favre has more control over the offense than his terrible head coach? Of course.

They spent a ton of money and effort trying to get a 41 year old QB back, and they have an awful headcoach. No surprises here. :viksux:

8. Kitten

Kitten Feline Cheesehead Staff Member Super Moderator

Ratings:
    +1,427
    I forgot to get back in here, distracted by the whole Moss saga.

My thoughts. You kind of have the perfect storm brewing in Minny right now. They have an aging star QB who people are now starting to call into question. Players are questioning the coaching staff. The head coach is making poor decisions with disastrous consequences. They trade for a high profile player who they think is going to lead them to the SB, but really just leads them further along the road to hell. The fallout from that player is still resonating in their locker room, causing even more players to question the coach. Right now it looks like they have a lot of questions without anybody answering. The entire team may need to be overhauled, it could take years to recover. Is Favre the root of all evil there? Did he play a role in Moss coming? I think the time for pointing fingers is long past, time to start rebuilding the broken pieces of your team. Well, the ones you're gonna have left after this season is done.

9. IluvGB

IluvGB I <3 Packers!!!!

Ratings:
    +845
    BF still seems pretty optimistic he can make something of the season yet!...I can't wait till Sunday's presser after he loses..AGAIN! Go Cards! LOL!!

10. Kitten

Ratings:
    +1,427
    Well of course he's gonna say that! Got to keep stringing them along, it would look a whole lot funnier if he came out and said, we suck and we're gonna lose every game! LOL!

11. IluvGB

IluvGB I <3 Packers!!!!

Ratings:
    +845
    give him a few more games....I was just reading about the fines they laid out on the two players that hit him.
    Actually quite a few were fined today,...Hopefully they won't drum up any on Clay's new technique.."The ragdoll!" lol

12. longtimefan

Ratings:
    +2,970
  13. Kitten

Ratings:
    +1,427
    ^^^^ Hell no, we don't want him! Why do you think we got rid of him in the first place? Toldya!!!!!!