Eliot Wolf / John Dorsey GM threads?/ Browns - Steelers fight

lambeaulambo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
doom and gloom for TT leaving? Really? Not so much. This organization has a guy named Rodgers that gives the team a winning opportunity at all times. What about the other 7 years that he sat on his hands - it's time ;).

GreenBaySlacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It would be a huge mistake...the fact that they would even let Wolfe consider leaving to wait for TT to retire irks me all in itself. They let Schneider walk..if not for a boneheaded call on the goal line he has two rings. I'd hate to se Wolfe got to somewhere like Chicago or San Francisco and turn them into contenders.
I could see rams or niners seducing him out of his legacy job here....

GreenBaySlacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
NFL.com reported today that TT might move to a scout role and Elliot Wolf might be moved to GM:

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap30...ohn-fox-expected-to-remain-with-chicago-bears
It would show great character by thompson to step back for the greater good of the team. A selfless move for a hall of fame talent, with a lot left in the tank. So to say... It would also show great loyalty by thompson to accept a semi retirement and still selflessly work towards the gteater good of the whole. When he surely could go somewhere else and be infallble king of the castle...

Nobody does that sort of thing anymore...

Last edited:

lambeaulambo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I could only imagine what some posters most thing about other GMs who aren't nearly as good.

I'd think we were Browns based off some posts.
when did we move to Cleveland?...where am I?...this is an outrage...now get the hell out of my driveway.

D

Deleted member 6794

I would not want TT being the GM of another team, especially in the conference.

I highly doubt Thompson is interested in becoming the general manager with another team once he's done in Green Bay.

I posted this in another thread earlier, but it fits here also.

The team currently has 4 free agent signings playing large roles well, plus Daniels was a comp pick.

All 4 guys are filling places that would be a hole otherwise.

There's also the many players he has been able to resign due to keeping the cap low.

At what point do you think TTs free agent activity would be good enough?

There's absolutely no doubt Thompson doesn't use free agency often enough to fill holes on the roster. While all of the four "free agents" you're talking about have made some splash plays this season only Cook should be considered a core player for this team.

yooperpackfan

Cheesehead
Reaction score

weeds

Fiber deprived old guy.
Reaction score
The only way Wolf leaves is IF ... and that's a big IF ... some team gives him total control of the operation. You can bet that Ron Wolf has hammered that into the boy's head - Ron Wolf hammered that point endlessly in his book. So...total control plus back the Brink's truck up to the door and Wolf will think about going.

Carl

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I highly doubt Thompson is interested in becoming the general manager with another team once he's done in Green Bay.

There's absolutely no doubt Thompson doesn't use free agency often enough to fill holes on the roster. While all of the four "free agents" you're talking about have made some splash plays this season only Cook should be considered a core player for this team.

The defensive line would have a big hole right now without Guion and Peppers had helped the pass rush during all his years.

And core player or not, back up RB was a big hole without Michael.

As far this season, the only big hole right now is corner, which nobody would have seen heading into the year.

Sky King

Reaction score
If I remember correctly when Ron Wolf retired he was paid as a "consultant" for a few years. It looked more like he was being given a few years lump sum pension payments rather than anything else. Maybe when Thompson's time arrives they'll do the same thing for him, although with his first love being scouting I can see them keeping him on to actually do some of that. Hopefully, they'll prefer to take his recommendations for offensive players, only.

7thFloorRA

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Hell of a job grooming a GM for another team. TT will retire after next year and the Pack will be left with no one to replace him.

Favre>Rodgers259

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Other than Wolf, I could go for hijacking anyone who may have worked under Belichick for the last 3 or more years.

GBkrzygrl

Cheesehead
Reaction score
So I guess the rumor thrown out last nite about TT stepping down was just a rumor. Don't know why they even start things like that especially when Wolf is allowed to interview elsewhere.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
So I guess the rumor thrown out last nite about TT stepping down was just a rumor. Don't know why they even start things like that especially when Wolf is allowed to interview elsewhere.
He was interviewed, not hired..there might be a reason why he went there

GreenBaySlacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Its a great story. All bullcrap lies and drama, but a great story. The Thompson stepping down part at least...

This is surely just a leverage move by Wolfe... A good one.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
Its a great story. All bullcrap lies and drama, but a great story. The Thompson stepping down part at least...

This is surely just a leverage move by Wolfe... A good one.
Uh huh..

It's been around since November, not just by me.. But was in media then.. So it's not just a story