Eliot Wolf / John Dorsey GM threads?/ Browns - Steelers fight

gbgary

Cheesehead
Reaction score
the dorsey firing surprised me. he's a wheeler dealer and good personnel guy. he put together the chiefs and no one can say cle doesn't have talent. they're pretty loaded. don't know what he was thinking with the kitchens hire.

Curly Calhoun

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Can we stop calling them thugs please?

Call them self-entitled, malcontents, spoiled, etc whatever.

But I'm pretty sure 99% of that locker room has little more than a speeding ticket, maybe a marijuana related misdemeanor and that's it....the same can be said about the rest of the league.

Maybe this is because I'm African-American, but it just gets under my skin when people just go out of their way to place that label on someone.

Yes, I get Hunt had a domestic violence charge, but that's come and gone now. The NFL has fettered out its justice, and that's good enough for me. Let the man hopefully try to live out the rest of his life in peace.

I've had a handful of soldiers in my command distribute drugs, beat their wives, even killed someone due to DUI, but I never labeled them as thugs. None of them are obviously soldiers anymore, and the Army has dispensed its justice as well. But I hope that they can somehow eventually find peace and success in their now shattered lives.

I get it, they're millionaires and it's a privilege to play this game. But let's not forget they're still human and sometimes make the same mistakes that millions of other "regular" people make every day.

To me, if you hit a woman, you're a thug. Or a lot worse.

Dantés

Gute Loot
Reaction score
Can we stop calling them thugs please?

Call them self-entitled, malcontents, spoiled, etc whatever.

But I'm pretty sure 99% of that locker room has little more than a speeding ticket, maybe a marijuana related misdemeanor and that's it....the same can be said about the rest of the league.

Maybe this is because I'm African-American, but it just gets under my skin when people just go out of their way to place that label on someone.

Yes, I get Hunt had a domestic violence charge, but that's come and gone now. The NFL has fettered out its justice, and that's good enough for me. Let the man hopefully try to live out the rest of his life in peace.

I've had a handful of soldiers in my command distribute drugs, beat their wives, even killed someone due to DUI, but I never labeled them as thugs. None of them are obviously soldiers anymore, and the Army has dispensed its justice as well. But I hope that they can somehow eventually find peace and success in their now shattered lives.

I get it, they're millionaires and it's a privilege to play this game. But let's not forget they're still human and sometimes make the same mistakes that millions of other "regular" people make every day.

I can avoid that particular word if it helps you.

I also completely believe that a lot of the guys in the Browns locker room are fine guys. I'm not labeling the entire team. Rather, I'm pointing out that Dorsey has targeted guys who have put their hands on women/children and made it a hallmark of his career.

Tyreek Hill choked his pregnant girlfriend and fell in the draft as a result. Who stopped the fall? Dorsey. When it came out that he broke his three year old son's arm (the same son who was in utero when Hill was choking his mother), there were reports that KC was going to have to cut him to save face. Immediately rumors swirled that Dorsey was ready to sign him, should that happen.

Antonio Calloway fell in the draft because he was accused of sexually assaulting a girl at the University of Florida (he was cleared when the university assigned a Florida football booster to adjudicate the case). Who stopped the fall? Dorsey.

Kareem Hunt was released by the Chiefs after being caught on film assaulting a female. Dorsey signed him.

Caleb Brantley was arrested in college after punching a woman in the face. He fell to the 6th round. Who stopped his fall? Dorsey.

So two things:

1) Dorsey is a worthless piece of **** who uses violence against women/children as his competitive advantage. This isn't a one-off... it's a pattern. No respectable organization should hire him to clean toilets.

2) Assaulting women and children is not a simple mistake. It's an intentional act of evil and it's disgusting how often these jerks get off without facing real repercussions. And I say that completely without regard to skin color. You say that some of the men under you have beaten their wives, but you go on to say that they aren't in the Army anymore... they were presumably court-marshaled and discharged. These guys haven't faced anything like that in terms of justice.

Favre>Rodgers259

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I can avoid that particular word if it helps you.

I also completely believe that a lot of the guys in the Browns locker room are fine guys. I'm not labeling the entire team. Rather, I'm pointing out that Dorsey has targeted guys who have put their hands on women/children and made it a hallmark of his career.

Tyreek Hill choked his pregnant girlfriend and fell in the draft as a result. Who stopped the fall? Dorsey. When it came out that he broke his three year old son's arm (the same son who was in utero when Hill was choking his mother), there were reports that KC was going to have to cut him to save face. Immediately rumors swirled that Dorsey was ready to sign him, should that happen.

Antonio Calloway fell in the draft because he was accused of sexually assaulting a girl at the University of Florida (he was cleared when the university assigned a Florida football booster to adjudicate the case). Who stopped the fall? Dorsey.

Kareem Hunt was released by the Chiefs after being caught on film assaulting a female. Dorsey signed him.

Caleb Brantley was arrested in college after punching a woman in the face. He fell to the 6th round. Who stopped his fall? Dorsey.

So two things:

1) Dorsey is a worthless piece of **** who uses violence against women/children as his competitive advantage. This isn't a one-off... it's a pattern. No respectable organization should hire him to clean toilets.

2) Assaulting women and children is not a simple mistake. It's an intentional act of evil and it's disgusting how often these jerks get off without facing real repercussions. And I say that completely without regard to skin color. You say that some of the men under you have beaten their wives, but you go on to say that they aren't in the Army anymore... they were presumably court-marshaled and discharged. These guys haven't faced anything like that in terms of justice.

Thanks for understanding.

What we can agree on though is yes, Dorsey has a solid history of taking on guys who have had poor behavior in the past, hoping that it pays off for him. Belichick has a somewhat similar history of doing the same, but he seems to have a better way of going about it and knowing when to do it and when not to do it, as well as knowing when to cut bait.

Dantés

Gute Loot
Reaction score
Thanks for understanding.

What we can agree on though is yes, Dorsey has a solid history of taking on guys who have had poor behavior in the past, hoping that it pays off for him. Belichick has a somewhat similar history of doing the same, but he seems to have a better way of going about it and knowing when to do it and when not to do it, as well as knowing when to cut bait.

And this is my personal bias, but I am far more disgusted by guys who attack women than I am guys who get caught dealing drugs or some other offense.

Members online

Latest posts