Elgton Jenkins signs extension

PikeBadger

Staff member
Reaction score
You have to realize that only eight players currently under contract for next season have such bonuses included in their contracts for 2023 for a total of $4.25 million though.
Which is why I said it would be good if all contracts had those bonuses.

Schultz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I am pretty sure it is a pretty big raise for that week if a practice squad player is put on the active 53 roster.

D

Deleted member 6794

Which is why I said it would be good if all contracts had those bonuses.

Well, it doesn't make sense to add such bonuses for players making close to the minimum. I agree the Packers should include it into all contracts for players earning a ton of money though.

I am pretty sure it is a pretty big raise for that week if a practice squad player is put on the active 53 roster.

True, players make a minimum of $39,167 on the active roster per week compared to $11,500 on the practice squad.

PikeBadger

Staff member
Reaction score
Well, it doesn't make sense to add such bonuses for players making close to the minimum. I agree the Packers should include it into all contracts for players earning a ton of money though.

True, players make a minimum of $39,167 on the active roster per week compared to $11,500 on the practice squad.
Just rolling my eyes.

D

Deleted member 6794

Just rolling my eyes.

Why are you rolling your eyes??? Because you don't understand that including per-game roster bonuses on contracts for players earning close to the veteran minimum isn't feasible???

JKramer64

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The man is a road grader out there. If you watch a replay of Dillon's TD, he caved in the whole side of the line.

Voyageur

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The combination of Bakh and Elgton on the left was the saving grace for the Packer offense against the Vikings. Simply put, they were so dominant that the Vikings had to shift LB coverage over, because of their effectiveness. In the process, it opened up more running opportunities for the Packers on the right, because we had them outgunned in numbers on the right. This is the combination that the Packers need to keep intact, and hope they can get just a little better play to the right, and they could actually end the season with a win, and be a potential challenger in the playoffs.

It all depends on how the Lions adjust to play against this strength, and whether or not LeFleur sees the need to throw the ball a little more, to keep the defense from compensating.

Reaction score
I also noticed Deguara had some nice blocks. His was a key one in Nixon’s TD The Vikings Jalen Nailor #83 made a crucial mistake in grouping into a clump of players rather than staying in his middle lane. That left Packers #84 Tyler Davis completely free to a point he had no one to block! Tyler just rode Deguara into the pile
You must be logged in to see this image or video!

Last edited:

Voyageur

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Nice stills of return by the Packers. It appears Josh Mettilus of the Vikings had lost lane containment, opening up the middle. The same could apply to a couple of others. The blockers took advantage of it, and boom!!! There it is. Take it to the house!

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I also noticed Deguara had some nice blocks. His was a key one in Nixon’s TD The Vikings Jalen Nailor #83 made a crucial mistake in grouping into a clump of players rather than staying in his middle lane. That left Packers #84 Tyler Davis completely free to a point he had no one to block! Tyler just rode Deguara into the pile

Nixon's subtle floating to one side technique bit Nailor in the butt and was for sure the player Nixon read and made the cut back off of to free up him and Kicker one on one essentially.

Josiah I've long said is the perfect TE3 to have on our systems' roster for cheap. Is he worth resigning, yes...is he worth resigning at anything resembling or sniffing even close to TE2 money NOPE. The dude has become usually a solid blocker and is where the system and play called needs him to be.

Voyageur

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Agreed on DeGuara. He has relative value, at the right price.

Nixon has something that guys like Amari didn't have. He can read the field, and find the crease. Amari ran into traffic, and couldn't find those seams. This is something you can teach, to a degree, but is so subtly quick in your mind that you either have that skill, or not nearly so much.

Nixon needs to be signed to a fairly length contract, at a reasonable figure. He provides a "special service."

Members online

No members online now.