Edgar Bennett is out as Packers’ offensive coordinaor and Alex Van Pelt is out as Packers’ QB coach,

Jerellh528

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Not going to get worked up until the people are actually picked. Maybe they make terrible hires. With a guy like ball we have no idea if he is similar to tt. He could have a very different vision to get players. None of us have any idea

Agree. We all have our opinions on who should be hired based on reports of what they’ve allegedly had their fingers in in the past, or to keep up with hive mind thinking. But the reality is we all don’t have a clue who was responsible for how much of what, or how they will perform as GM. I’m confident that the people in charge of running the greatest franchise in the world might have a better idea of who to hire than us fans who don’t see or hear about 99% of the goings on.

RepStar15

"We're going to relentlessly chase perfection."
Reaction score
I would be disgusted if Ben Macadoo became OC. Every second play the man is famous for calling an HB Draw. So predictable and more of the same.

G0P4ckG0

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I would be disgusted if Ben Macadoo became OC. Every second play the man is famous for calling an HB Draw. So predictable and more of the same.
Or maybe getting fired lit a fire under his rear end. Many times a wake up call like that completely changes a person's coaching methodology.

PackAttack12

R-E-L-A-X
Reaction score
Ben McAdoo's offense in New York left much to be desired to put it lightly. I know there's a difference in being the head guy and being a coordinator, but I say pass on Benny Mack.

Hands

In the land of the blind, the one eye man is king
Reaction score
I seriuosly thought Green Bay would have taken in Philbin after he was cut from the Dolphins. I think if the tragedy with his son hadn't happen...the Packers would have beaten the Giants in that playoff game. Emotion is tough to gauge and and you need positive emotion to play football.

I also don't think the offense has been the same since. So my opinion is to hire Philbin back as the OC and let him run with it!

pacmaniac

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I say to no Bennett going back to his receivers coach role. He was a RB, what does he know about receivers. No wonder our WRs dropped so many balls during the time that he was the receivers coach.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I say to no Bennett going back to his receivers coach role. He was a RB, what does he know about receivers. No wonder our WRs dropped so many balls during the time that he was the receivers coach.
?

Those were some of the most productive years we've ever had from the WR group. I think you have your years confused or something

brandon2348

GO PACK GO!
Reaction score
So, you're up to 234 inaccurate posts? :)

It just seems any critical thinking is inaccurate with you. Some of us are tired of fiddle farting around with this "Clown Show" and wanna see some real change.

We're not even a playoff team right now and if not for Aaron Rodgers wouldn't smell the playoffs again for a long time most likely. It's time to get this thing going in the right direction before it's too late.

Half Empty

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don't have any problem with anything except some of it appears to be in reference to what you quoted me as saying. That post was in response to one in which someone said/inferred that everything posted here is inaccurate, and I jabbed them a bit by noting that, then, all of their posts must be inaccurate, too (smiley face appended). Don't see how that should have elicited your apparently angry reply, especially given my screen name and POV.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
well in this instance, saying EB wasn't a good WR coach based on the WR performance would be a wildly inaccurate statement.

GBkrzygrl

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Talk about cleaning house...

I did not see this coming. Sounds like MM knows that some significant changes need to be made. Seems a little odd re: OC, isn't MM basically the OC or is he just the play caller. I wouldn't mind seeing Philbin come back. As far as the possibility of promoting Witt or Perry...again if they disagreed with Capers and would institute some needed changes, I would not have a problem with it.
I love it. All of them got complacent. If you want a true change. You clean house.

Glad to see MM stop sitting on his hands.

Favre>Rodgers259

Cheesehead
Reaction score
For the record, Van Pelt let his contract expire. The Packers don't let position coaches interview for higher positions at all so the only way to move up is to let the contract expire or just quit.

Van Pelt is entertaining OC offers only now.

Packer Fan in SD

Cheesehead
Reaction score
For the record, Van Pelt let his contract expire. The Packers don't let position coaches interview for higher positions at all so the only way to move up is to let the contract expire or just quit.

Van Pelt is entertaining OC offers only now.

To stay in the theme of this thread, the above is inaccurate. A team can’t deny an interview to an assistant coach that is under contract if it is for the Head Coaching position.

They can refuse if the position is any other that HC.

McKnowledge

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I have to admit that THIS is what needed to happen. Hundleys performance had everything with Alex's demise. Edgar? I'd bet he's reassigned within the organization.

Edgar Bennett's firing is pure horse manure wrapped in a tortilla!!! I'm not buying it. Bennett was Offensive Coordinator in name only. The offense truly sputtered because of MM's garbage play-calling. Isn't Edgar Bennett a Super Bowl winning RB, a GB stalwart and also heavily involved in developing the RBs of GB? How the hell was the running game this season? Wasn't the running game, which featured two productive rookies, one of the reasons Mike McCarthy is still the HC? Where's the loyalty? In the words of HOF Cris Carter...c'mon man!!!

McKnowledge

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Hope we keep Bennet. He' a good guy and a great position coach. When he was RB coach, levens, green all did well and the backups were good. When he was WR coach we had great receivers. The man knows football. As a coordinator you are suddenly responsible for a staff and game planning. Not everyone can make the transition as different skills are needed.

Edgar Bennett's title as OC was nominal...or pure BS. He was never allowed to construct a game plan or call any plays. When MM gave it up for most of the 2016 season, he allowed Van Pelt to run the show. Bennett is an asset and his firing is garbage!!!

weeds

Fiber deprived old guy.
Reaction score
Not sure exactly what Edgar's role was. My understanding was that Edgar devised the game plans and had supervisory responsibility over the offensive coaching staff including the QBs coach.

I'm not enthused about Edgar's exit. We've got two things at play offensively. QB1 goes down and back up QB plays like a Division 3 QB. Hundley was either improperly prepared, or, was never QB2 quality to begin with.

Third thing at play was the defense. That I won't touch for fear of having a stroke in the process.

azrsx05

Cheesehead
Reaction score
This is a long stretch. But I would really like to see what Romo could do as a OC. He seems to really understand what defenses will call or do. He understands blitzes and offenses in general. He has Wisconsin ties and I think he could really bring a different perspective to this offense. But not sure if he wants to give up the booth to go back on the sidelines. However, I get a sense he itches to be part of a team

AmishMafia

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Edgar Bennett's firing is pure horse manure wrapped in a tortilla!!! I'm not buying it. Bennett was Offensive Coordinator in name only. The offense truly sputtered because of MM's garbage play-calling. Isn't Edgar Bennett a Super Bowl winning RB, a GB stalwart and also heavily involved in developing the RBs of GB? How the hell was the running game this season? Wasn't the running game, which featured two productive rookies, one of the reasons Mike McCarthy is still the HC? Where's the loyalty? In the words of HOF Cris Carter...c'mon man!!!
Doesn' seem fair he was given 3 years while Capers seemed to be given 4 years too many.

Alex

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Please...no...not Philbin!!! If MM is indeed in coaching limbo. Why not incorporate someone new into the coaching group? Tired of retreads. Also, no....no...no...to Bob McAdoo. Let that guy take the year off, and lick his wounds or...his hair.

What's wrong with Philbin? Do you not remember what this offense looked like last time he was here? They lit the field up.

Members online

Latest posts