Edgar Bennett is out as Packers’ offensive coordinaor and Alex Van Pelt is out as Packers’ QB coach,

Jed12

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Crazy... the front office must of really felt this team should of done better offensively as well, regardless of A Rod.

Not sure how I feel about these 2 as well... hopefully it brings positive change

Mike McCarthy

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Crazy... the front office must of really felt this team should of done better offensively as well, regardless of A Rod.

Not sure how I feel about these 2 as well... hopefully it brings positive change
I’m guessing multiple shut outs is not what they had in mind!!!!

Alex

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm kind of surprised AVP was let go. He and Rodgers had a good relationship from what I could tell. I suppose the product Hundley put out there sealed his fate.

Mike McCarthy

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Not sure how anybody is suprised at all about any of these firings. The team was a disaster in all facets this year. Arod carries us to a 4-1 start with a few late drives to pull a couple games out of the fire or it would of been worse that it was. I’m suprised there are people that (so far anyway) have survived this dumpster Fire. Time to bleach everything and see if we can get rid of that :poop: smell

azrsx05

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I love it. All of them got complacent. If you want a true change. You clean house.

UK Packer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Edgar is a Packer Legend in my humble opinion, Alex Van Pelt ex Bills QB....errrr....it was like Brett #4 having a QB coach - oven mitts for a man with asbestos hands - no real need; so what's the point?

weeds

Fiber deprived old guy.
Reaction score
I have to admit that THIS is what needed to happen. Hundleys performance had everything with Alex's demise. Edgar? I'd bet he's reassigned within the organization.

Zartan

Cans.wav
Staff member
Reaction score
Talk about a house cleaning. Rodgers sure covered alot of that up when he went out everyone got exposed.

pacmaniac

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Do we go after Joe Philbin? Our offensive has been good since he left, but not quite as explosive as when he was here.

PackerDNA

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I have to admit that THIS is what needed to happen. Hundleys performance had everything with Alex's demise. Edgar? I'd bet he's reassigned within the organization.

Yeah, he's been reassigned. It's starting to look like rearranging deck chairs on the Titanic- no one is really fired, just 'reassigned'. And the replacements being mentioned? In house, or have been here before, like McAdoo and Philbin. The word 'incestuous' could be applied to this organization.

AmishMafia

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Hope we keep Bennet. He' a good guy and a great position coach. When he was RB coach, levens, green all did well and the backups were good. When he was WR coach we had great receivers. The man knows football. As a coordinator you are suddenly responsible for a staff and game planning. Not everyone can make the transition as different skills are needed.

H

HardRightEdge

This shake up is overdue. Too many people got too comfortable in the insular Packer bubble where making the playoffs was good enough and the distaste for losing was not strong enough.

AmishMafia

Cheesehead
Reaction score
This shake up is overdue. Too many people got too comfortable in the insular Packer bubble.
Most of all McCarthy. Seems like he is suddenly looking at this differently. Hope this is reflected in the play on the field next season.

Conversely, how about them Bengals? They extended Marvin Lewis despite not winning a post season game in 15(ish) years as head coach. Holy shizzha!

H

HardRightEdge

Most of all McCarthy. Seems like he is suddenly looking at this differently. Hope this is reflected in the play on the field next season.

Conversely, how about them Bengals? They extended Marvin Lewis despite not winning a post season game in 15(ish) years as head coach. Holy shizzha!
Well, folks tend to have a rigid hierarchical view of how decisions are made: the GM has complete decision making power over player personnel, the head coach has complete decision making over coaches.

Maybe McCarthy has not been enamored of Capers or having guys like Bennett getting promoted into positions they don't actually hold. Maybe that was Thompson's doing, not wanting to shake things up, promoting guys to give them pay raises so they don't leave, keeping things stable and comfey.

We'll never know unless somebody writes a tell-all book. One thing is for sure: you'd be hard pressed to find any organization where the boss sits back and says nothing while letting his reports have free reign. We call that a stuffed suit and they don't last very long.

As for Marvin Lewis, I do not know the situation well enough to comment.

Last edited by a moderator:

Firethorn1001

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Please hire an OC who will call the plays. Let McCarthy be the head coach.

Saw that McAdoo and Philbin are options?

Between that and Russ Ball, can the Packers think outside the box at all or are they just so tied to this Packer nepotism and have to hire/re-hire old faces?

bigbubbatd

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Saw that McAdoo and Philbin are options?

Between that and Russ Ball, can the Packers think outside the box at all or are they just so tied to this Packer nepotism and have to hire/re-hire old faces?

Not going to get worked up until the people are actually picked. Maybe they make terrible hires. With a guy like ball we have no idea if he is similar to tt. He could have a very different vision to get players. None of us have any idea

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts