1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

E-mail Response

Discussion in 'Forum Feedback & Suggestions' started by SpartaChris, Sep 6, 2011.

1. SpartaChris

SpartaChris Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +965
    It used to be you could read a response to your thread in your e-mail. Now it seems that feature is no longer. Is there a way to bring it back?

2. robdog

robdog Administrator Staff Member Administrator

Ratings:
    +304
    Are you not getting emails about the threads you are watching? Or are you getting the emails but their is information missing in the emails?

3. SpartaChris

SpartaChris Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +965
    I get the emails telling me a thread has been replied to. What I don't get is the response in the e-mail. Instead I just get a link I have to click on in order to see the response. I'm wondering how I can re-enable the feature that used to include the response in the email notification.

For example, this is the new reply system:

Compare that to the old reply system, which contains a copy of the message that has just been posted. This is what I'm wanting to go back to:

[​IMG]

4. robdog

Ratings:
    +304
    Ahhh... Yes, I can see what you are talking about now. I will add that to the list and this is something that would a network wide change. (more useful changes are network wide)

Thanks for the info. I will keep you posted.

5. SpartaChris

SpartaChris Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +965
    Awesome, thanks! I dig the new forum, just that one thing is driving me nuts! :)

6. robdog

Ratings:
    +304
    BTW, this is confirmed to be in the next version of XenForo. You are going to like the email notifications and the additional content within the emails. :) I am hoping this week or next week for the new version!