1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!

Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Dropped passes percentage

Discussion in 'Packer Fan Forum' started by PackersRS, Jun 15, 2010.

1. PackersRS

PackersRS Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +980
    Great compilation of Football Outsiders regarding dropped passes, and the percentage of dropped passes (droped pass per attempt).

FOOTBALL OUTSIDERS: Innovative Statistics, Intelligent Analysis | Offensive Drop Rate

That above is the list of the worst hands in the league.

What conclusions can we take from that? Quarless might have been a great pickup.

Moreso, all those in favor of kicking Lee's butt out of town say AYE!

2. FrankRizzo

FrankRizzo Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1,679
    Quarless is so raw right now though. Don't expect much from him this season. Down the road, I think he has a very big upside, but no better than Jordyzzzz or James Jones do.

Donald Lee killed us last year with his dropped TD pass against the Grape Apes on 4th down. Just as Johnny Jolly and his stupid personal foul ghetto penalty on 4th down killed us against the purple rain.
    Losing to that team, I have a hard time forgiving those responsible.

3. DergaSmash

DergaSmash Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +20
    I agree that Quarless has a massive upside. Yet that statistic almost made me vomit. That is really terrible.

4. NYPacker

NYPacker Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +38
    I'm not completely ready to give up on Donald Lee just yet. He was playing with a wrist injury the entire season and we have too much invested in the guy to let him go so soon. I remember plays last year where he looked like the Donald Lee of the past (acrobatic TD leap into the endzone on the Thanksgiving game against the Lions.) I thought the Quarless pick was really bad. Don't get me wrong, I think this kid can be Jermichael Finley #2, but it's hard to imagine him making the active roster. I predict that he'll be one of the players on the practice squad. Like Frank said he's very raw and will need a full season to get up to speed in the NFL.

5. armand34

armand34 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +297
    donald lee 4th down on the GOALLINE against Min. OH MAN thAT wAs TOUGh drop TO WATCH!!!!

6. ivo610

ivo610 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +4,273
    Little unfair to group RBs in there.

7. PackersRS

PackersRS Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +980
    No it isn't. Westbrook is #1, including every position, in dropped passes per attempt for the last 2 years, with 0.9 percent drop rate. And Westbrook, though he missed a lot of games, is always heavily targeted...

8. ivo610

ivo610 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +4,273
    In your opinion it isnt, but I just have a hard time grouping Brandon Jacobs and Hayward bey together as far as dropped passes go.

Its like grouping QBs with RBs when talking rushing.

9. PackersRS

PackersRS Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +980
    How so?

We're not discussing if a RB is good or bad with those numbers.

It's just who has good hands and who has bad hands.

I know it's usually more important for a Wr, but go ask Andy Reid what he thinks about a Rb that can't catch the ball...

And if you read the article, you'll know that he does indeed groups Wrs with Wrs and Rbs with Rbs (though he only shows a small sample of it, for the complete numbers, you'll have to buy their magazine...)

And moreso, by comparing Wrs with Rbs, it puts a different light into a Wr's performance.

By dropping the same rate as Brandon Jacobs, who reportedly has bad hands, we know that picking DHB was a terrible decision by the Raiders...

10. Raptorman

Raptorman Vikings fan since 1966.

Ratings:
    +1,005
    I would like to see the complete list of all players they did. Not just the select few to make their point. I did catch this line.

11. PackersRS

PackersRS Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +980
    The select few are the top 5 and bottom 5...

And for the complete list, you'd have to buy their magazine. I won't, I don't care that much for a stat, just find it relevant...