OP
OP
Dantés

Dantés

Gute Loot
Reaction score
Prospect I would love to see drop:

-Greg Newsome, CB, Northwestern--
I don't know about the medicals, but otherwise he's just perfect.

Prospect I think will shock with a fall:

-Jeremiah Owusu-Koramoah, LB, Notre Dame-- Sometimes these hybrid types are higher for the media than for NFL teams.

Prospect I think will shock with a rise:

-Payton Turner, ED/DL, Houston--
I think he's a better prospect than a lot of the guys who are in the 1st round mix.

Prospect that would make me most excited/nervous:

-Elijah Moore, WR, Ole Miss--
178 lb receivers and the 1st round don't typically go together, but he's just stinking good.

Big name that I would NOT want (X3):

-Kadarius Toney, WR, Florida--
Plays small, freelances, one year wonder, and seems to have off-field distractions.

-Zaven Collins, LB, Tulsa-- There are intriguing fits for him if he transitions to edge or loses weight, but I don't buy him as a good off-ball linebacker at ~265.

-Micah Parsons, LB, Penn State-- IF the allegations are true, or close to true, then no thank you.

Off-the-radar name that would make me furrow my brow and nod "yes":

-Jayson Oweh, ED, Penn State--
Not a position of immediate need, and needs to develop for sure, but he has the upside of being a top 3-5 NFL pass rusher.

Schultz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I am assuming you mean 1st round by your answers. I answered thinking you meant the entire draft.
1. T. Jenkins
2. Parsons
3. Cox - this is the 2nd round drop I would like to see
4. M. Williams- another 2nd or 3rd round answer. I made my choices before seeing yours and you did not specify 1st round originally.
5. Parsons - since you made multiple picks here I will say I agree on Toney.
6. Again I was not thinking 1st round but actually a late rounder that most have off of their radar so I went with Fisher.

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Prospect I would love to see drop: Jaycee Horn - only chose him over Newsome because I still think there is a chance Newsome falls, Horn I don't feel their is hence I'd LOVE it.

I would have previously up until pro days said Mac Jones....but I will go with Owusu, I think there is a solid chance he sees his name called somewhere between 31-45, not the top 20 many predict.

To the masses Walker Little, many know what he is - but many don't. To me, I'll say Shaun Wade still goes by end of Day 2 when I truly believe he shouldn't. I don't dislike him, but I am not a fan of his limitations/ceiling present in certain aspects of his play.

Prospect that would make me most excited and nervous: Jamin Davis...Lord have mercy he is blessed with athleticism...but yikes is he raw and honestly just a pup still. ILB taken as high as he would need to be better freaking be an All Pro...or not worth it, as serviceable ILB exist for much "cheaper" in today's league.

Big name that you do NOT want if he's there: Tie between Mayfield and Owusu. Jaylen Mayfield. I do not see a tackle, yet fear we would draft him to play there. Owusu type guys that aren't able to play safety at an elite level and also not play LB at an elite level make me not desire even experimenting with them. HUGE ND fan, but I just don't foresee the niche Owusu is in GB personally.

Off-the-radar name that would make you furrow your brow and nod "yes": Cameron Sample - for reasons touched on elsewhere. If meaning just first round I'll go Walker Little...to some massive reach, I believe otherwise.

DoURant

Go Pack Go!
Reaction score
Trevon Moehrig, I see a lot of the Raiders at 17 or Jaguars at 25. I think he would be ideal for the slot "Star" position

Rashod Bateman, I think he gets drafted in the 2nd.

Brady Christiensen, I feel he starts year 1, and goes Rd 1

Prospect that would make me most excited and nervous:
Caleb Farley, Top 10 prospect with back issues (Still having flashbacks of Justin Harrell)

Big name that you do NOT want if he's there:
Rondale Moore, I don't want a small receiver in the 1st, and injury issues are there.

Off-the-radar name that would make you furrow your brow and nod "yes":
Dayvion Nixon, DL is a need, and I like him as much or more than Barmore if we go DL in the 1st.

PikeBadger

Staff member
Reaction score
Prospect I would love to see drop: Zaven Collins and Jaelyn Phillips

Prospect I think will shock with a fall: Micah Parsons

Prospect I think will shock with a rise: Creed Humphrey

Prospect that would make me most excited and nervous: Jayson Oweh

Big name that you do NOT want if he's there: Barmore. Not interested at all. Would love to see someone else draft him early.

Off-the-radar name that would make you furrow your brow and nod "yes": Jayson Oweh

RepStar15

"We're going to relentlessly chase perfection."
Reaction score
- Christian Barmore. If he makes it to #29, he’s the biggest impact player the Packers could add to their roster.

-
Caleb Farley. Back to back spinal surgeries are no joke and a massive red flag. Would not be surprised if he dropped outside of the first round.

- Javonte Williams. Kid is an absolute monster and a fit for any offense.
- Quinn Meinerz. His senior bowl performance was impossible to ignore.

-
Most excited: Elijah Moore or AVT. If the Packers drafted any WR in the first round I would be excited, and if it’s a guy that improves special teams as well, nothing feels more important than that. I would be excited for AVT as it it give the Packers some more flexibility on the interior.
- Most nervous: Creed Humphrey. Not sure if I would trust he becomes a week 1 starting C. Seems to have a bit more developing to do.

Asante Samuel. I have said this here many times, no need to reiterate my reasons behind it.

Off-the-radar name that would make you furrow your brow and nod "yes": Can’t exactly call him an off the radar name but I would be very happy with Nick Bolton. He is all over the field and hits hard. Fun guy to watch. Also Stone Forsythe and Ifeatu Melifonwu.

AmishMafia

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Micah Parsons

Rashod Bateman or Christian Darisaw

Dayo Odeyingbo

Jessica Alba
Caleb Farley - if he is there then the back must be significant risk.

Big name that you do NOT want if he's there: Greg Newsome

Dayo

Last edited:

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
You know another guy I've just never had us take, that if we heard his name called in the second or third, would fit the "furrow your brow and nod yes" is Trey Smith...I think so many of us are stuck on finding that Tackle fix or Linsley replacement, honestly I could see the case be made that Trey is the best OL on the board and Gute grabs him despite Guard not being a massive present issue...would allow flexibility of Jenkins possibly, and Smith used to be a Tackle before sliding inside so who knows.

Pkrjones

Cheesehead
Reaction score
You know another guy I've just never had us take, that if we heard his name called in the second or third, would fit the "furrow your brow and nod yes" is Trey Smith...I think so many of us are stuck on finding that Tackle fix or Linsley replacement, honestly I could see the case be made that Trey is the best OL on the board and Gute grabs him despite Guard not being a massive present issue...would allow flexibility of Jenkins possibly, and Smith used to be a Tackle before sliding inside so who knows.
I think I "wrote him off" early this spring because of his lack of mobility... think Gute wants guys who can move laterally for stretch plays & can get to 2nd level whereas I think Smith is more suited for power run attacks more straight upfield. Just my $.02.

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think I "wrote him off" early this spring because of his lack of mobility... think Gute wants guys who can move laterally for stretch plays & can get to 2nd level whereas I think Smith is more suited for power run attacks more straight upfield. Just my $.02.

Lack of mobility??? Are we talking about the same Trey Smith?

Pkrjones

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Lack of mobility??? Are we talking about the same Trey Smith?
From WalterFootball: Average athlete; Lumbers in the open field;Not a long puller; Not a great fit for a zone-blocking system
From DraftNetwork: "He brings exceptional power to the table and dominates in a phone booth, but his lack of mobility and flexibility leads to some restrictions. While Smith is a massive and powerful people-mover, his high-hipped frame makes it challenging for him to play with consistent leverage"
From SI.com: "Smith is slow-footed and has adequate lateral agility. He’s not fluid, and he’s stiff."
From BigBlueView: "Smith is a powerful run blocker, but he appears out of his element in outside zone runs. He can struggle to stay in sync with his linemates when asked to block outside of a small radius."

He definitely is a strong, powerful OG but is a mauler rather than an on-the-move OG. I may be wrong but not sure Smith "fits" GB.

GleefulGary

Cheesehead
Reaction score
One I absolutely do not want is Micah Parsons. Him and his ****** tactics can go off somewhere else.

GleefulGary

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Trey Smith tested pretty dang mobile for his size. He’s a really good player.

He’s also going to drop because he has serious health issues. Clots in the lungs are no joke, especially for somebody or his size.

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Trey Smith tested pretty dang mobile for his size. He’s a really good player.

He’s also going to drop because he has serious health issues. Clots in the lungs are no joke, especially for somebody or his size.

He tested amazing. I completely spaced it on his clots....I still think he won't last beyond the 4th round and could still see a 3rd round pick in his future.

OP
OP
Dantés

Dantés

Gute Loot
Reaction score
Two others that would excite me and make me nervous at the same time are Greg Newsome and Landon ****erson.

They're both high end players but have struggled to stay healthy.

PackFan2

Cheesehead
Reaction score
One I absolutely do not want is Micah Parsons. Him and his ****** tactics can go off somewhere else.
I'm always iffy on players that say "I've changed.. I have a kid now.." Congrats on being a father but that doesn't mean you've changed. Fatherhood can change someone but I want to see what they've done to remedy it. How did you can? What did you do to be better?

PackFan2

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Prospects I would love to see drop:
  • Caleb Farley

Prospect I think will fall:
  • Devonta Smith - I guess I'm a Devonta Smith hater but man 160lb is very light.
  • Caleb Farley - injuries
  • Penei Sewell
    • Majority of folks having him going to Bengals @ 5 but I think he'd slide somewhere 6-10. IMO OL is deep this year, id take OLs later rounds.
  • Justin Fields
  • Some OL or DL (Maybe Payton Turner, Jayson Oweh, Joe Tryon)

• Caleb Farley - injuries
  • Kadarius Toney -
  • JOK - play strength
  • Asante Samuel - speed

• Mac Jones
  • Justin Fields
  • Jaelan Phillips - Injuries scare me
  • Najee Harris
  • Jayson Oweh
  • Kellen Mond

OP
OP
Dantés

Dantés

Gute Loot
Reaction score
Among the possible draft picks at #29, there are names that I would love, others I would like, others I wouldn't be thrilled with but could understand, and some I would really not like.

Love:
  • Elijah Moore, WR, MISS
  • Terrace Marshall, WR, LSU
  • Teven Jenkins, OL, OKST
  • Greg Newsome, CB, NW
  • Asante Samuel Jr, CB, FSU
Like:
  • Rashod Bateman, WR, MIN
  • Alex Leatherwood, OT, UA
  • Walker Little, OT, STAN
  • Creed Humphrey, OC, OK
  • Christian Barmore, iDL, UA
  • Jamin Davis, LB, UK
  • Trevon Moehrig, S, TCU
  • Jevon Holland, DB, OR
Understand:
  • Kadarius Toney, WR, FLA
  • Dillon Radunz, OT, NDSU
  • Stone Forsythe, OT, FLA
  • Sam Cosmi, OT, UT
  • Landon ****erson, OL, UA
  • Liam Eichenberg, OL, ND
  • Quinn Meinerz, OL, Wi WW
  • All of the edge rushers (Oweh, Tryon, Basham, Ojulari)
  • Milton Williams, iDL, LAT
  • Daviyon Nixon, iDL, IA
  • Eric Stokes, CB, UGA
  • Caleb Farley, CB, VTU
  • Kelvin Joseph, CB, UK
Dislike:
  • Any player at QB
  • Any player at RB
  • Any player at TE
  • Levi Onwuzurike, iDL, UW
  • Nick Bolton, LB, MIZZ
  • Tyson Campbell, CB, UGA

Last edited:
OP
OP
Dantés

Dantés

Gute Loot
Reaction score
Whats the current consensus on Marshall? Heard he failed some physicals according to team doctors?

Some or all of the teams didn't like one of his knees. I don't know if it is disqualifying for some/all/many, or a lesser concern.

The other thing I've heard is that teams were concerned about his attitude at times in 2020, and that they really didn't like that he opted out before Alabama.

I don't know how much substance there is to all of that. As an athlete and player, I love him. If he drops, I'm assuming that the above is why. If they draft him, I have to assume they were satisfied after vetting all of it.

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Among the possible draft picks at #29, there are names that I would love, others I would like, others I wouldn't be thrilled with but could understand, and some I would really not like.

Love:
  • Elijah Moore, WR, MISS
  • Greg Newsome, CB, NW
Like:
  • Creed Humphrey, OC, OK
  • Jamin Davis, LB, UK
  • Trevon Moehrig, S, TCU
  • Jevon Holland, DB, OR
Understand:
  • Sam Cosmi, OT, UT
  • Daviyon Nixon, iDL, IA
  • Eric Stokes, CB, UGA
  • Caleb Farley, CB, VTU
  • Kelvin Joseph, CB, UK
Dislike:
  • Any player at QB
  • Any player at RB
  • Any player at TE
  • Nick Bolton, LB, MIZZ

As we know your lists and mine match up a lot, especially top prospects. I would bump Bateman up to Love, Radunz up to Like and add Nico Collins to Understand. Otherwise, honestly I don't see any I disagree with....oh wait I'd also add Zaven Collins to Understand - but I'm very mixed on where he goes.

OP
OP
Dantés

Dantés

Gute Loot
Reaction score
As we know your lists and mine match up a lot, especially top prospects. I would bump Bateman up to Love, Radunz up to Like and add Nico Collins to Understand. Otherwise, honestly I don't see any I disagree with....oh wait I'd also add Zaven Collins to Understand - but I'm very mixed on where he goes.

All the late mocks have him in the teens, so I'm guessing he won't be an option.

DoURant

Go Pack Go!
Reaction score

Love:
  • Elijah Moore, WR, MISS
  • Greg Newsome, CB, NW
Like:
  • Creed Humphrey, OC, OK
  • Jamin Davis, LB, UK
  • Trevon Moehrig, S, TCU
  • Jevon Holland, DB, OR
Understand:
  • Sam Cosmi, OT, UT
  • Daviyon Nixon, iDL, IA
  • Eric Stokes, CB, UGA
  • Caleb Farley, CB, VTU
  • Kelvin Joseph, CB, UK
Dislike:
  • Any player at QB
  • Any player at RB
  • Any player at TE
  • Nick Bolton, LB, MIZZ

Noticed you didn't have Christian Barmore in any of your list. Just an oversight? Arguably the top interior DL in the draft (Levi and Dayvion give him a run)

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts