Draft Day 2

AmishMafia

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Well we got our need at QB filled, time to work on OLB and safety.

Nobody needs to panic here.

I am thinking we can still get a very good OT prospect in the 2nd and WR in the 3rd. I would not switch those around unless Pittman or Shenault is there in the 2nd.

For OT, look for Peart, Niang, or Prince in round 2. Josh Jones should be gone.

In the 3rd, there will still be a dozen interesting prospects at WR who will be an upgrade.

With that, those are our only holes in the roster. Yes it would be nice to improve a few more areas, but those are the only two that are imperative to address.

Last edited:

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
WRs favorites left: Pittman, Edward's, Higgins, Shenault, Claypool

OTs: Niang, Jones, Peart, Bartch

ILB: Harrison, Dye, Wilson

Pkrjones

Cheesehead
Reaction score
To add to tyni's list:

DL: Ross Blacklock, Marlon Davidson, Jordan Elliott, Raekwon Davis, Neville Gallimore and Justin Madubuike

CB/DB's: Trevon Diggs, Kristian Fulton, Jaylon Johnson, Grant Delpit, Bryce Hall, and Jeremy Chinn,

Gute could also double-down and take QB Jalen Hurts or Jake Fromm. ;)

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yup some awesome CBs are still out there.

Somewhere James Morgan is saddened at the Love pick possibly more than anyone.

DoURant

Go Pack Go!
Reaction score
Today's a brand new day. the sun is shining...honestly it really is in the U.P. of Michigan....which is a feat in it's self. I have reached acceptance with the pick.... I still don't like it, because they traded up to get him, but I accept it. Time to move on and support Jordan Love as a member of the Green Bay Packers. Hate the pick? that's fine.... just don't hate the person (Love), he needs our support going forward, he didn't force the Packers to draft him.

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Alright so on Day 2 I still think Gute could prove we are still in a win now mentality and trade up into Day 2 for 3 picks today.

Here's why and how. Gute isn't dumb, with the compensatory pick estimators for 2021 saying Packers are likely to get some solid compensatory picks given the contract sizes of Fackrell, Martinez and Bulaga got vs. none of ours counting given they all were cut...we have some draft equity next year we could use.

Gute could very easily say, we've taken care of our future possibly...now let's get Aaron another ring and use perhaps a 2nd rounder from next year or a 3rd rounder from next year and some of this year's plethora of late rounders to push a trade just enough to get us into the 3rd twice today. It isn't unrealistic to believe we could still walk away from today's draft with a WR named Mims, Pittman, Edwards or Higgins....a OT named Peart, Niang, Jones or Bartch and an ILB named Dye, Wilson, Bachie, Harrison.....

I mean if we were to swing something like that I'm all for it. Shoot...if the staff believes a WR has a future to be an Adams or Nelson I don't care if you use our 1st next season to get up into the 2nd this year (hopefully get the other team to maybe send a 4th or 5th over as well...BUT do it.

Future at a pivotal position covered, and the immediate push to a SB also....and you arguably just sacrifice your Day 1 or Day 2 of 2021....who cares.

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
New England calls Gute and offers their 2020 pick at 37 and their 2021 1st rounder for Aaron Rodgers (will take on his contract)............

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
i know, but we have 40+ million in dead cash to account for and around 10 or less available . So who else is going?

Shiiiiii....dead cap doesn't transfer that's right. Never mind impossible hypothetical I thought would exercise some brains.

DoURant

Go Pack Go!
Reaction score
We still have 8 picks, 2 today, 6 tomorrow. There is a lot of talent to be had, this draft is deep. Plenty of weapons out there. No reason why we can't get 2 guys from this group, 1 WR and any other position of need, preferably

My top guys by position are:

WR - Pittman Jr, Mims, Higgins, Claypool, T Johnson, Hightower, Shenault, Edwards, Duvernay.... does anyone think 9 WR's go in the 2nd before we pick?

TE - None drafted rd 1, it's not a deep class, but there still is some mid rd talent Kmet, Hopkins, Trautman, Bryant X 2

OT - Jones, Cleveland, Niang, PTW,

DL - Blacklock, Davidson, Davis, Madubuike, Gallimore, Elliott, Fotu, Lawrence

S - None drafted rd 1, there is a lot of talent in this class in rds 2 and 3 with versatility galore. I like Davis, Chinn, McKinney, Dugger, Burgess, Delpit, and Winfield

ILB - Baun, Wilson, Dye, Gaither, Harrison and Gay

CB - Fulton, Diggs, J Johnson, Hall, Pride, and Ojemudia

EDGE - Epenesa, Gross-Matos, Uche, Okwara, and Weaver

Plus there should be a few QB's and a decent amount of RB's taken off the board.

We can even use draft capital from next year to add a pick, we should get 3 comp picks next year, trade a 2nd or 3rd rd pick from next year to get an additional pick in day 2 today.

TomBrownFan40

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Add one of those receivers and a large person on either side of the ball before Saturday and I will be as reasonably happy as any guy can reasonably be after serving fish sticks and macaroni salad for the fourth time in a month.

Dantés

Gute Loot
Reaction score
Well we got our need at QB filled, time to work on OLB and safety.

Nobody needs to panic here.

I am thinking we can still get a very good OT prospect in the 2nd and WR in the 3rd. I would not switch those around unless Pittman or Shenault is there in the 2nd.

For OT, look for Peart, Niang, or Prince in round 2. Josh Jones should be gone.

In the 3rd, there will still be a dozen interesting prospects at WR who will be an upgrade.

With that, those are our only holes in the roster. Yes it would be nice to improve a few more areas, but those are the only two that are imperative to address.

Well the Packers didn't get an OT, but the a certain OT DID go in the second round... :whistling:

Members online

Latest posts