1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!

Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Draft board

Discussion in 'Packer Fan Forum' started by GakkofNorway, Dec 7, 2005.

?

Should we make a "Draft" catagory?

1. Yes

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. No

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. GakkofNorway

GakkofNorway Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Can we please get a draft board for all the draft talk? Or is that totally off the mark?

2. Ryan

Ryan Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +2
    As in an actual draft catagory ala

-Packers Fan Forum
    -The Atrium
    -Draft
    -Etc
    -Etc

Or what are you referring to?

3. GakkofNorway

GakkofNorway Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    that's it! Just Draft over atrium :)

4. Ryan

Ryan Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +2
    Gotcha, added a poll. Lets see if people would use it, or feel the need to seperate it out.

Moved back to Packers Fan Forum for traffic reasons for the the poll.

5. Cheesehog

Cheesehog Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    I,d say keep it in the Packer forum. I see other forums with "Training Camp", "Draft", "Fan Forum", "Q.B. Talk", "Coaches Corner", and so on and on and on. The way you have it set up now is great. If it it's about the Packers have it there. "Around the League", "Atrium" , "Smack" "tickets" is enough to cover everything. Sometimes I don't visit the other areas as often and might miss out on some news(or good bantering!). Just my opinion.

6. Ryan

Ryan Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +2
    That's cool cheese, we are looking for everyone's thoughts on this. Thanks!

7. DePack

DePack Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1
    I agree with cheesehog. Keep it here. I rarely go to the other boards. Maybe as the draft approaches you can start a new category but I'd rather leave it here now.

8. bavpb

bavpb Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    I voted yes, because my knowledge about draftees, the system of trading up and down etc. is less than minimal. I sometimes click to subjects that are only named by a players name, not anticipating that it's a draft- subject.
    For the same reasons (dunno how it works and am not interested) I never go to "Fantasy Football". Gives me more time for the other subjects.

How about a category "Draft and Fantasy Football"?

9. GakkofNorway

GakkofNorway Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    As the draft comes closer and closer we will get more and more posts on draft issues. I think it would be good to separate it from the other Packer stuff.

10. retiredgrampa

retiredgrampa Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    I thought it was a good idea to start a "Bush" thread to cut down on diluting of other good threads. The draft will be more important to us this year than ever. It deserves a special place. Just MO.

11. Favreforever721

Favreforever721 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    I too think that a draft section would be nice because it seems like everyday there is something new about the draft.

12. CaliforniaCheez

CaliforniaCheez Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    It should be seperated now. Those posting should put it there. During the offseason here is fine as it will follow free agency and the draft will be the main event. I would ask that it not be here until after the season.

With the season winding down it has gotten here early. What I dislike are threads that advertize an individual player. They are really worthless.

I like Joe Schmoe. No way Adam Ahole is better. We have no chance at A.A. it is more likely Peter Principal is available when the Packers pick. Maybe trade and get all three. On and on. After every bowl game some will do it. It is all a waste of electrons. Why hurt your head.

The Packers have a staff of many scouts and evaluators who will do a better job than any individual hobbyist let a full time individual like Mel Kiper.

Predicting the draft beyond 2-3 rounds is impossible with so many variables. Let's keep it where it belongs until after the season.

13. tromadz

tromadz Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +3
    I don't think it should be a separate category. In 4-5 weeks, this board will be dead. All we will HAVE to talk about is draft stuff for months, might as well keep it here on the main board.

14. Ryan

Ryan Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +2
    Hey hey now, let's not say the site will be dead :p Hopefully there will be plenty of off season chatter :)

I agree though tromadz, I think if we let it ride in the Packer Fan Forum for a few weeks, that's going to be all that we are going to see in there for quite some time.

15. Zero2Cool

Zero2Cool I own a website

Ratings:
    +8
    It's DECEMBER we got four months before we talk about Draft.

16. PackerTraxx

PackerTraxx Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    I like to see it separate. Some people are interested in college players year round and it gives them a place to go. PackerChatters has one of the best, hope we get one too.

17. rabidgopher04

rabidgopher04 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Actually, I'd like to change my vote to yes so I can avoid that section. All draft talk is just speculation and really get us nowhere.

Why not just add a Super Bowl forum in case we get there one day too! Maybe a Brett Favre retirement one because that's been nothing but speculation for the last 5 years.

18. mattresell

mattresell Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Its whatever in my opinion, but I do agree that it won't be necassary once the season ends. The current forum is for current Packer topics. In a month, the most vital current Packer topic will be the draft and free agency. We might as well ride it out, but if everyone else decides to do it, I don't ahve a problem.

19. PackerTraxx

PackerTraxx Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    I'm sure TT and MS anxiously await our discussions then thoroughtly read and analyze them before they make any decisions concerning the Packers.
    :rotflmao: :beersign: :beer:

20. sixone220

sixone220 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1
    there's no need to talk about the super bowl because GB won't be there.

however, GB most certainly will be involved in the draft and early.

if you're gonna go on the premise that there is no reason to talk about it because we have no control over who GB takes, then there is no reason to talk about any games because they are over and there's no pt in talking about them.

21. wpr

wpr Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    I too like it when the draft is in a seperate area. I can go in and scan the threads talk on those that interest me and then leave.
    There is no way to know who GB is going to pick in the 1st round so the 4-7 are impossible. I realize others have a great love of discussing every DL from here to Somoa U and back and they are welcome to do so.
    I have noticed in the off season in prior years on other sites that there was still plenty of conversations going on that were not draft related. This past winter and spring PF still had a lot of interesting discussions that were not draft related. (Due mostly to P@ck66's keen insight no doubt!)

22. GakkofNorway

GakkofNorway Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    looks like the yes side is winning!

23. wpr

wpr Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Tis true CB. But 30 votes out of 550 members is hardly a mandate. (and I voted "yes" as well.)

24. GakkofNorway

GakkofNorway Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    but there aren't 550 active members though.

25. wpr

wpr Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    I know but there are more than 30.
    Oh well it is up to Ryan to figure it all out that is why he gets the BIG MONEY!