Donald Driver?

13 Times Champs

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If a ball is CAUGHT why would any one complain?

You missed the crux of the argument. I wish posters would read my posts in their entirety. I never said he didn't catch the ball. My argument is that he dropped one and nearly dropped another. I think he is losing his skills.

GreenBlood

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
It's a huge, huge mistake to not play him as often as before.
I don't care what anyone else thinks.
From what's been happening, if DD was used more, I think we would be doing a lot better.
Both me and my SO are DD fans and we are disappointed to not see him out there more often.
He is not just an awesome receiver but one of the best to ever wear the Green & Gold and it's a crime that he is underused this season.

I'm sorry, but DD is slower and drops a lot more passes than he did 5 years ago. Every dog has his day. If he was better than JJ or RC, he'd be on the field. He's not, anymore.

GreenBlood

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
I haven't watched any NFL games since the end of the replacement refs. (Have watched college and a lot of soccer.) But I read sports news like any other news. I also already mentioned I donated money to help support this site, so I have a vested interest in keeping in touch with the board and I like reading the comments of a lot of the posters on here. (You can make a donation too if you wish. ;) Help these guys out.) I'm a paid subscriber to the Packer report and I didn't tell them to stop sending me the report just because I'm not sinking my money into the NFL right now. Haven't really decided yet whether I'm going to bail on the NFL like I did baseball or not.

Please do. You bailed on your team. 'Nuff said. You're no fan at all. Go watch soccer and leave the real fans to discuss real sports.

I did watch almost every game last year and the pre-season games plus all the three games through the Seasqwauks fiasco. But I haven't seen this slanting threat in Cobb. Maybe it's there but they're not using him that way.

What do you want, a cookie or something? Oh, and since you haven't seen the last 6 games, how on earth would you know what Cobb can and can't do?

TJV

Lifelong Packers Fanatic
Reaction score
Fact is: DD caught it, has been there for TD's and has given up a sure TD and let the young guy get the score and did a hell of a good job blocking for him. The guy is still a threat and a class act.
I agree the fact is Driver has two TD catches this season. And in the 7 of 9 games this season he's played in Driver has 1,0,1,1,1,2, and 1 catches. But it is not a fact he gave up a sure TD. IMO Driver wouldn't have scored on that play even if Cobb had delivered the same block DD did. Again just MO, but I think Driver let the kid have it because the kid had a better shot at scoring - that's putting the team first and why I posted the link and gave DD kudos. Look at that play again - DD just doesn't have the quickness to execute the spin move Cobb put on pro bowl SS Wilson to score.

This is from McGinn's review of the game, "Donald Driver had 20 snaps to Jarrett Boykin's 10 in the first half, but it was 13-4 for Boykin in the second half." Everyone gets old (if they don't die first). Every career comes to an end, even those of great players. It is not a contradiction to praise and appreciate DD for his great contributions to the franchise while offering the opinion that he's near the end of his career. There's a reason DD didn't play in those two games and there's a reason he's only caught more than one pass in one of the seven games he has played. I love Driver's career contributions. I respect him as a man. But on the field he's now on about the level of Jarrett Boykin. And Jarrett has an upside.

LZ13

Cheesehead
Reaction score
This thread is making me hungry. For a chicken dinner :eek:

Members online

Latest posts