Does Green Bay need a Linebacker

turbo69

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I just became a big fan of Charles Brown recently and would admire TT for picking him at 23. But you're absolutely right in thinking that yes it can be a reach considering that it might be too early to get him. However you can't also risk the expense of trading down because I hear the Cowboys and Colts are also in the market for an OT and they would absolutely love the idea of getting Brown. A lot of Packers analysts and enthusiasts want us to trade down and that is not such a bad thing. It's just matters on who and what we trade down for. My suggestion would be to trade that first round pick to the Buccs. They have 2 more second round picks that I would love for us to snag and since they're rebuilding they would love to compile a set of 1st round talent. Brown may fall to us in pick #3 of the second round which is where I could possibly see us getting him along with other players in the second round who are extremely talented.
No way is Brown going to be there in the second round

DILLIGAFF

Cheesehead
Reaction score
IMO our line backer positions both outside and inside are a bigger priority over our secondary on defense. The reason our secondary had issues last year was the lack of pass rush and pass defense from our LB positions as a whole.

Hawk has one year left in Green Bay before we release him because his contract goes through the roof in 2011, thus Hawk is highly expensive this year with no long term commitment.

This guy looks more athletic than Hawk and can play in open space, something a 3-4 inside LB must do and Hawk can not.

If he is still around in the 2nd round and for sure in the 3rd, would be an excellent pick for talent and need.

IMO this year would be a good year to trade our #1 for more picks in the 2nd -4th rounds this year.

For this 3-4 defense to be able to play against the elite teams with good QBs, our starting 4 LBs have to be solid. Hawk (inside LB) I know is not the answer and the other outside LB position has potential in Brad Jones but the Cardinal game raises concerns.

Yes, Inside LB is a need for this team > than secondary help. Safety's and corners are deep in this draft, so drafting high for our secondary will be a mistake.

turbo69

Cheesehead
Reaction score
IMO our line backer positions both outside and inside are a bigger priority over our secondary on defense. The reason our secondary had issues last year was the lack of pass rush and pass defense from our LB positions as a whole.

Yes, Inside LB is a need for this team > than secondary help. Safety's and corners are deep in this draft, so drafting high for our secondary will be a mistake.

I totally agree....1,000%

turbo69

Cheesehead
Reaction score
ohh...and with that being said. Bush and Bell can easily be replaced in the 4th and 5th rounds

Members online

Latest posts