Does Derrick Brooks have a bad history with the Packers or something?

98Redbird

Cheesehead
Reaction score
This guy craps on the Packers every chance he gets. I watched him make his picks the other night for the NFCC game. He said basically that the Packers had no chance. They are a poser team.

Then today on First Take, he and Warrick Dunn were doing their Good, Bad and Ugly for the week. Dunn said that his good was Rodgers performance against Atlanta. Derrick Brooks cuts him off and says, "We really can't get too excited about what Rodgers did, I'm not going to be too impressed with it. It was more a product of Atlanta's defense just playing that badly." Dunn reminded him that Ditka called it the best QB performance he's seen in the playoffs period. Brooks still was not impressed. Said, he was okay in the performance but that's it.

WTF is this dudes issue with the Packers. God people like that **** me off. What a toolbag. Why do some people have such a problem acknowledging others successes?

What's his problem with the Packers?

White92

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think Sapp is the same way..maybe it's the Tampa/Packer thing..that was a strong rivalry there for a while.

PackersRS

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Derrick who? Never seen him do anything on TV or anywhere else, and on the field, an overrated linebacker who was a product of a system, and that as soon as got some age on his bones, was promptly kicked out of town.

I think Micheal Irving is the same way with the Pack he cant say anything good about them.

Not true. He's been on the Packers' bandwagon since the beggining of the playoffs, and called Rodgers the "ultimate weapon".

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Its the Tampa GB thing. Sapp freely admits he HATES GB because they used to get their *ss kicked all the time by them and hated coming to lambeau. What happened with Sapp and Sherman didnt help either. Brooks is the same way. Nice guy though, just hates the packers.

Riley82

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I know Brooks is so anti packers,But at least he has played not like mike carlson who thinks he knows best who has never played.

Rodger's Title Belt

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It's ok Tony Dungy made his picks for the SB yesterday and it was Chi/Pitt. It was a shocker that this was also coming on MLK day. As you all know the HC's for the 2 teams are African American.

red4tribe

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Brooks was on the Bucs when they got handled by the Packers in the 90's. So that could have something to do with it.

I don't have a problem with the vast majority of NFL analysts. I never was a fan of Michael Irvin, but as time has passed I have come to like him more. Trent Dilfer is a bit overly critical sometimes and I'm not a big fan of any of the NFL analysts on yahoo.com(Cole, Silver, Tiki Barber). But beyond that I really have nothing to complain about.

SyX

Stranger in a strange land
Reaction score
It's ok Tony Dungy made his picks for the SB yesterday and it was Chi/Pitt. It was a shocker that this was also coming on MLK day. As you all know the HC's for the 2 teams are African American.

I think it had to do with more than that. Tomlin and Lovie were both from the Dungy coaching tree. He's good friends with both. He also cut his teeth in the league as both a player (won a Super Bowl) and a coach with the Steelers. He'll always have some allegiance to Pittsburgh.

He's letting his personal feelings get involved with his picks, nothing different than what fans across the country are doing.

PackersRS

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think it had to do with more than that. Tomlin and Lovie were both from the Dungy coaching tree. He's good friends with both. He also cut his teeth in the league as both a player (won a Super Bowl) and a coach with the Steelers. He'll always have some allegiance to Pittsburgh.

He's letting his personal feelings get involved with his picks, nothing different than what fans across the country are doing.
Yeah the race thing never crossed my mind, but the loyalty thing with his assistants did.

I never liked Dungy, and I specially doesn't like him on TV. He's ALWAYS against the Packers.

SyX

Stranger in a strange land
Reaction score
Yeah the race thing never crossed my mind, but the loyalty thing with his assistants did.

I never liked Dungy, and I specially doesn't like him on TV. He's ALWAYS against the Packers.

It'll probably get worse with Leslie Frazier running the Vikings now.

Gonna pull it out for the first time:

:viksux:

Man, that feels GOOD!

red4tribe

Cheesehead
Reaction score

He picked the Packers to beat the Eagles.

Murgen

MechaPackzilla
Reaction score
It's kind of ironic that the players on the Cowboy teams of the 90's that I hated generally are all on the Packer's bandwagon now. Aikman, Irvin, deion. Even Jimmy Johnson to an extent. Jimmy hated Mike Sherman and I remember him basically calling Sherman a coward after the eagles game we lost after 4-26.

JBlood

Cheesehead
Reaction score
"He's letting his personal feelings get involved with his picks, nothing different than what fans across the country are doing."

Not me. I pick the Packers because they are God's team, and the Bears are the devil's. Pretty simple.

Crazy Packers Fan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Who the heck is Jamie Dukes? I don't have NFL Network (Pittsburgh cable is still in the dark ages), so I've probably never seen him before.

Every single one of those analysts picks purely on personal preference. Some are worse than others. This is how I think it breaks down:
CBS - Marino, Esiason: unbiased, Cowher, Sharpe: incredibly biased
FOX - Long: unbiased, Bradshaw, Strahan, Johnson: biased
ESPN - Jackson, Ditka: unbiased, Johnson, Carter: biased, Berman: incredibly biased (and he never even played)

armand34

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Who the heck is Jamie Dukes? I don't have NFL Network (Pittsburgh cable is still in the dark ages), so I've probably never seen him before.

Every single one of those analysts picks purely on personal preference. Some are worse than others. This is how I think it breaks down:
ESPN - Jackson, Ditka: unbiased, Johnson, Carter: biased, Berman: incredibly biased (and he never even played)

I hate Jamie Dukes Facebook page

Rodgers2Finley4TDs

Cheesehead
Reaction score

You got the ESPN crew all wrong. You pretty much have the opposite. Even though I think they all have about the same level of bias but it varies. Ditka and TJ are biased dude.