Do We really need another WR

Mortfini

Cheesehead
Reaction score
im i missing somthing here at green bay do we really need another wr

we can get at least 3 seasons outa driver we got robinson (in jail) who returns this season (i think) also greg and holiday (who looked really good against the bears)

i just feel our cap could be used to add to a different pos (i,e doss at saftey or backups)

yours mort

A.J hawk the white ray lewis (without the murder)

PackerLegend

Cheesehead
Reaction score
We have 2 good WR's the rest are really unknows in terms of whats going to happen. Ferg sucks shouldnt be here, Robinson in jail will miss first 2 weeks of season atleast and will be behind, Holiday/Martin are ok showed flashs but so have others. We could always use an upgrade and Horn would be good

refpacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
im i missing somthing here at green bay do we really need another wr

we can get at least 3 seasons outa driver we got robinson (in jail) who returns this season (i think) also greg and holiday (who looked really good against the bears)

i just feel our cap could be used to add to a different pos (i,e doss at saftey or backups)

yours mort

A.J hawk the white ray lewis (without the murder)

Yes...we have no speed aka down field threat!

refpacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
i wasj ust asking cos beening in the u,k i dont watch many games i thought we where ok at wideout

Most people on here would agree with u....im one of the few outspoken fans who feel that we need the Javon threat we used to have...

Reaction score
WELCOME Mortfini.

IMO the Packers could make do without signing a WR.

They have some talented bodies. Driver/Jennings are an awesome 1/2 duo.

As for #3, Martin showed he might be a good option there. I remember reading that if Martin had just a bit more speed, he'd be compared to Randy Moss.

Crlyle Holiday is young, but has promise. Solid route runner, and some decent size.

Bodiford is the unknown. He has speed, and Mike Martz/McCarthy both Bodiford is like Isaac Bruce in his younger years. He has some real potential.

Ferggy is a solid pro, and a veteran. I think the issue with wanting to get another WR is adding some experience and getting a #3 WR at the same time to allow the likes of Bodiford/Holliday/Martin time to grow as players. It is not a NEED, but would be a good pickup.

digsthepack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yeah, like you have to be an "outspoken fan" to recognize that talent wise Walker is missed....but punk wise...good riddance.

The draft is littered with WRs this year. Horn or another vet WR will provide stop-gap until the next is fully groomed.

refpacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yeah, like you have to be an "outspoken fan" to recognize that talent wise Walker is missed....but punk wise...good riddance.

The draft is littered with WRs this year. Horn or another vet WR will provide stop-gap until the next is fully groomed.

An outspoken dissed by an illiterate one!

Reaction score
Enough.

quit going after each other.

People will not agree with TT, and to refpacker's credit he has remained civil while others have gotten on him for his opinion. Let the man state his opinions and try to argue those opinions. refpacker isn't any less of a fan or an idiot just because he doesn't agree with TT's approach to standing pat this year.

CUT THE CRAP, PLEASE.

digsthepack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Ooooo...more name calling. Really getting your point across their Ref.

Just because you are capable of making noise does not mean it is worth listening to or reading.

Funny...it is always those that cannot reasonably argue their point who have to resort to name calling. Ummmm...that would be you in this case.

Feel free to disagree with me, but when you start throwing "ignorant" and "illiterate" around, it truly tells most here far more about you , than it does about me.

PackerTraxx

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The only issue at wide receiver is to get someone who can get open and catch the ball - CONSISTENTLY. Nobody outside of Driver has shown they can do that.

Bobby Roberts

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The real question is whether or not TT believes we need another WR.

All indications are no, he doesn't believe another WR is needed. He has put faith in giving Fergie another chance. GB has young developing talent in Jennings, Holliday, Bodiford and Martin. GB has veteran leadership in DD and Fergie. GB has probowl talent in DD and Robinson.

The current peaking order is: DD, Jennings, Fergie, Martin, Holliday, Bodiford. A couple weeks into the season Robinson will be pushing Fergie at #3. We should also see a push from Martin, Holliday and/or Bodiford by then. Not a lot of space there.

Of course if you add a Walker to that mix, then you add a playmaker/game changer, not a JAG (just another guy). To me it's still debatable whether or not Moss is still that type of player.

Go pack go!!!

Reaction score
BR, TT contacting Horn indicated he has some interest in signing a WR.

If that is so, then wouldn't it be fair to say TT thinks the WR position can be upgraded, but it isn't a position of need?

warhawk

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Double JD and Cokes my friend. I am not a cheap date!! LOL

Please do not invite KRob.

While on that subject please clarify his situation. I though he has already started his sentence and that he would only have to serve one 90 day term.

When can we expect him back.

porky88

Cheesehead
Reaction score
all about da packers said:
warhawk, he has to apply to be reinstated by the NFL.

It is not a sure thing that the NFL will reinstate him.

People seem to be making a big deal over this. While I don’t guarantee anything if Robinson has shown he's a changed man and has stayed out of trouble since serving his suspension there is a very high chance he gets reinstated.

In other words as long as Robinson doesn’t violate any laws while serving, he should be back.

The Packers are doing the right thing by preparing for the next season without him. My guess is he returns somewhere between week 4 and 8.

billv

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I just remember late last season when the only receiver I trusted to catch the ball was Driver. We need another veteran with sure hands.

Pack93z

You retired too? .... Not me. I'm in my prime
Reaction score
warhawk, he has to apply to be reinstated by the NFL.

It is not a sure thing that the NFL will reinstate him.

However there is no reason that the league wouldnt reinstate him, no case history to deny him reinstatement.

Read yesterday I think that he showed up to serve his Jail time at the Brown County jail and they turned him away because they were full. He has to reappear in court in WA to see what is next. To rely on Robinson for more than the final 8 games or so of the year to be productive other than on special teams would be a error IMO.

HatestheEagles084

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don't think we NEED an earthshattering acquisition like Randy Moss, but any time players like that become available, go for it...

I think the best plan of action would be to go for Joe Horn...he's not gonna put up his numbers of seasons past but he can run solid routes, bring in passes, he's always been a solid red zone reciever, and i think he'd be a good locker room presence and mentor to greg jennings

celticraider

Cheesehead
Reaction score
You guys definitely need a fast clearout type guy. I'm not sure if Ashely Lelie was signed yet, but he is the type of receiver you need. Brett could work wonders with that guy.

celticraider

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Lelie signed with the 49ers.

I believe it was a 2 year 4.5 million gollar contract. A bargain, given the market.

Ahhh, agreed not a bad price. Anyway, thats the kind of guy you need, a sideline burner. There will be others available before its all said and done.