Votes: 12 66.7%
  • No

Votes: 6 33.3%

• Total voters

Poppa San

* Team Owner *
Staff member
Reaction score
Play Jaire as the nickel back or the center fielder in single high. Let savage and Amos play closer to the line.

Reaction score
What about the college bowl games?
These guys are idol for weeks before playing in a bowl game with occasional practice in between.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
College bowl games are not usually good football, they’re good entertainment. Big difference.

sschind

Cheesehead
Reaction score
"Rodgers Sacked in Meaningless Game, leaves game with torn ACL"

Just getting people ready for the possibility.
"Rusty Rodgers. Aaron Rodgers throws 3 interceptions and loses a fumble as the Packers fall to the Eagles in Divisional round"

"I played like **** but on the bright side I was well rested" said the back to back MVP winner after the worst statistical game of his career.

Better?? ;)

Reaction score
College bowl games are not usually good football, they’re good entertainment. Big difference.
WRONG, I'll watch any talented college football game over the overpaid NFL players any day.

College games are first pace and with young entertainment at its best playing for school pride,
not for long term contracts.

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
"Rusty Rodgers. Aaron Rodgers throws 3 interceptions and loses a fumble as the Packers fall to the Eagles in Divisional round"

"I played like **** but on the bright side I was well rested" said the back to back MVP winner after the worst statistical game of his career.

Better?? ;)
Like I said, not sure if there is going to be a big difference between 2 weeks of not playing, from that of 3. All a matter of continuing to practice hard and spend time in the film room. For some players, the extra week off might be welcomed, for others, might not be smart.

Whether it's practicing or playing in a game, they are always exposed to the risk of injury. With a 13-3 team, I think you want to minimize that risk as much as possible.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
WRONG, I'll watch any talented college football game over the overpaid NFL players any day.

College games are first pace and with young entertainment at its best playing for school pride,
not for long term contracts.
Then go watch bowl games and be happy. The level and quality of football isn’t close to the NFL and bowl games are for show and entertainment. Half those kids are on vacation

GreenNGold_81

Cheesehead
Reaction score
"Rodgers Sacked in Meaningless Game, leaves game with torn ACL"

Just getting people ready for the possibility.
Aaron Rodgers has played almost 1000 snaps this year, he could have had a torn ACL in any of them. It's a risk they all take, but he doesn't play a position that is at the highest risk for that.

swhitset

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Like I said, not sure if there is going to be a big difference between 2 weeks of not playing, from that of 3. All a matter of continuing to practice hard and spend time in the film room. For some players, the extra week off might be welcomed, for others, might not be smart.

Whether it's practicing or playing in a game, they are always exposed to the risk of injury. With a 13-3 team, I think you want to minimize that risk as much as possible.
Agreed…. Remember Bahktiari tore his ACL in practice.

sschind

Cheesehead
Reaction score

The good news for you is no matter who they start or how long they play you can still root for a victory. They aren't risking losing draft position if they win this meaningless game. :D

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
Aaron Rodgers has played almost 1000 snaps this year, he could have had a torn ACL in any of them. It's a risk they all take, but he doesn't play a position that is at the highest risk for that.
So just play starters that are at a low risk of ever being injured?
Agreed…. Remember Bahktiari tore his ACL in practice.
Yup....a player can slip in the shower and get injured, there are no guarantees. However, there are ways to try and reduce the risk of exposure to injury and I wouldn't consider playing in a meaningless game against the Lions one of them.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think it's very important to keep the team sharp mentally and prepared physically. I think Rodgers could do that sitting on his couch. I don't think the guy ties his shoes without laser focus and intent. The rest of the team? I'm not as confident in. AR is an outlier in that regard. not to say the rest aren't professionals, but they're much closer to human than AR in that regard.

You need to approach the week like you're playing. I would not be comfortable letting a team know they aren't playing for 3 weeks.

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
I think it's very important to keep the team sharp mentally and prepared physically. I think Rodgers could do that sitting on his couch. I don't think the guy ties his shoes without laser focus and intent. The rest of the team? I'm not as confident in. AR is an outlier in that regard. not to say the rest aren't professionals, but they're much closer to human than AR in that regard.

You need to approach the week like you're playing. I would not be comfortable letting a team know they aren't playing for 3 weeks.
I definitely think there will be some guys that they might want to play on Sunday and like you said, some guys that really don't need to. Problem with Rodgers and possibly a few others, you might piss them off by sitting them.

While I have been vocal about sitting all the starters, I know that the Packers probably won't, but I do think they should at least talk about it as a team, so they are all on the same page. My guess is that by the second half it will mostly be, if not all, backups playing. How long they leave the starters in during the first half, might depend on the individual player. Will that make them sharper for their next game in 2 weeks? I doubt physically, but maybe mentally.

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm of the mindset don't tip the boat of momentum. If Rodgers and Adams and the likes want to play, I'm looking at them and say "Fine, you are going to play I'll trust you there BUT I get the pull chord for when you are not." Give and take in this instance has to be taken. I in no way want Rodgers or Adams or others ticked off heading into a three week time span....but I also want to mitigate as much as possible the chance of it costing us.

Poppa San

* Team Owner *
Staff member
Reaction score
The players know the stakes and understand the dilemma. I don't think any would be upset if they can't play or only play a little bit. Being disappointed does not mean upset. DA17 could probably successfully plead to try for the team records he is close to with an understanding he isn't getting 60 minutes to get them. I'm not sure of any financial benefits for any of the players that would be sitting. Game day roster bonuses maybe?

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The players know the stakes and understand the dilemma. I don't think any would be upset if they can't play or only play a little bit. Being disappointed does not mean upset. DA17 could probably successfully plead to try for the team records he is close to with an understanding he isn't getting 60 minutes to get them. I'm not sure of any financial benefits for any of the players that would be sitting. Game day roster bonuses maybe?

Honestly I'd tell Davante Nelson did it in 17 week seasons, let's try to get it in 17 next year here to be fair to Nelson LOL

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
I'm not sure of any financial benefits for any of the players that would be sitting. Game day roster bonuses maybe?
I would think that as long as they are on the 53, the roster bonus is earned, whether they are active or inactive, play or don't play. Plus, that would be a "Richard" move to do to a player.

PikeBadger

Staff member
Reaction score
Davante Adams needs 22 more yds. to get the GB Packers single season receptions yardage record... of course he wants to play. What are the Packers chances of hoisting the Lombardi if Adams blows a knee or shoulder in a meaningless game? Sit him so he's ready to roll in late January, IMHO.
Breaking single season records are meaningless with the additional 17th game. He had his 16.

Phil Young

Cheesehead
Reaction score
treat it as preseason game. Play starters for a few snaps & see how it goes.

Maybe a quarter or a half. Mix it up & see what the backups can offer .

Members online

Latest posts