Do we have enough talent on this team this season?

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Will we get to the SB or what needs to change?

I see that Dez Bryant is still available.
Why not?

easyk83

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don't know, at this point we're in wait and see mode with a lot of young players in some key positions. Then you also have a new defensive coaching staff installing new scheme. Hopefully we'll see improvement over the rest of the season because we've looked awfully inconsistent at times so far this year. Have to figure that part of our issue consists of Pettine figuring out the guys that he's inherited.

PackerDNA

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don't know that we're Super Bowl team this year. Another good offseason and maybe yeah.

D

Deleted member 6794

Will we get to the SB or what needs to change?

I see that Dez Bryant is still available.
Why not?

In my opinion the Packers are another edge rusher and a free safety away from being a legitimate Super Bowl contender. Bryant doesn't improve their chances though.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reaction score
Not to hi-jacket this post so far but...……

Did you see the Vikings lose to the Ram Thursday night by 1 TD?
The Rams are going to take it all this year, but those Vikings are 1 play away for winning the division.

OH, can the Packers forfeit on Nov.25th, and the game is up there?

D

Deleted member 6794

The Rams are going to take it all this year, but those Vikings are 1 play away for winning the division.

You're talking about the same Vikings team that lost to the Bills on Sunday by 21 points??? I agree they have a pretty good roster but at 1-2-1 they haven't impressed so far this season.

Dantés

Gute Loot
Reaction score
This league is about when you play a team as much as it’s about who you play. The Packers have enough talent to compete in the NFC. They need Rodgers to be healthy.

Secondly, assuming in week 4 that we know who’s winning the Super Bowl reveals some serious ignorance of how this league works.

Last edited:

PackerDNA

Cheesehead
Reaction score
You're talking about the same Vikings team that lost to the Bills on Sunday by 21 points??? I agree they have a pretty good roster but at 1-2-1 they haven't impressed so far this season.

And on the road against the Eagles next .week. They have a lot of work to do.

rodell330

Cheesehead
Reaction score
We need a edge rusher and that's it.

That’s it? Lol have you seen the right side of the offensive line lately? How about the Safties? Anyways I say they won’t sniff the SB this year. They just don’t have enough playmakers that have emerged truth be told. Early playoff exit on the horizon....maybe.

bigbubbatd

Cheesehead
Reaction score
In my opinion the Packers are another edge rusher and a free safety away from being a legitimate Super Bowl contender. Bryant doesn't improve their chances though.

Completely agree. I just dont see them having a consistent enough pass rush to win. I would also say they need a quality backup tackle as well. Bulaga is just hurt too much.

Next year I wouldnt mind them doing a revamp of OLB and Safety like they did with cb this year. On offense they need oline depth and will likely need to replace Cobb but they have the pieces there. I wouldnt mind a new head coach but doubt that happens

C-Lee

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Make the playoffs and get hot at the right time. We have Aaron Rodgers.

The team has looked disappointing so far (it's week 4, we looked trash at the start of 2014/2016) but there's a lotta ball game left.

rmontro

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Make the playoffs and get hot at the right time. We have Aaron Rodgers.
If the last seven years have shown us anything, it's that Aaron Rodgers alone isn't enough.
That aside, I agree, they haven't looked impressive so far, but it's early. And we have a hobbled quarterback.

Sunshinepacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Packers need serious defensive help and injury luck. I would like to think it's a quick fix but finding a pass rush and good safety in one off-season seems like it might be kinda tough.

Reaction score
If the last seven years have shown us anything, it's that Aaron Rodgers alone isn't enough.

Same thing went on with Britt Favre.
There was no reason we shouldn't have win a couple more SB's and given him better supporting players.
What a waste of poor choices of talent.

D

Deleted member 6794

Packers need serious defensive help and injury luck. I would like to think it's a quick fix but finding a pass rush and good safety in one off-season seems like it might be kinda tough.

The Packers should be able to adequately address edge rusher and safety next offseason, unfortunately it's close to impossible doing it during this season.

Arod2gjdd

Cheesehead
Reaction score
We don't have enough talent, but receiver is not the spot we are lacking it.

Dez does not remedy this, he would not make the difference.

WiscoKOB

Cheesehead
Reaction score

What are you talking about, can the Packers forfeit? You must be an "every sorry *** kid gets a participation trophy guy". You play the games to win, which is ironic since the NFL for some reason allows ties to happen. Pack played very well at times against the Skol suckers, but didnt finish the job. Minnesota is going to have plenty of ups and downs. Theyre formidable, but by no means invincible. Same with the Rams. Rams much more complete though. Don't be fooled by September football. Very long season. Talk to me about winning it all in December. Heat might be getting to You Mike in Florida.

Attachments

• 20180913_175936.jpg
    20180913_175936.jpg
    557.2 KB · Views: 75
  • 20180913_173016.jpg
    20180913_173016.jpg
    754.4 KB · Views: 101