Diva #4 Retirement Night?

PackwillBEback

Cheesehead
Reaction score
nice to see some pro favre fans come out of the woodwork to jump back on the bandwagon.

I was never pro-Favre. YOu can check my old posts. I was mocking the man the whole way.

Look at your join date, you didn't join until the Packers made the playoffs with Rodgers. Sure seems like a bandwagoner. You have no idea why I was absent from this particular forum the past few years.

I joined after the wonderful 4-12 season :|

LombardiChick

Win or lose, I love this team.
Reaction score
I was never pro-Favre. YOu can check my old posts. I was mocking the man the whole way.

Look at your join date, you didn't join until the Packers made the playoffs with Rodgers. Sure seems like a bandwagoner. You have no idea why I was absent from this particular forum the past few years.

Really? You mean you would brush it all under the rug? You DID think he was a quitter?

PackwillBEback

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Really? You mean you would brush it all under the rug? You DID think he was a quitter?

No, I meant in terms of who I was siding with during the debacle. I contended that it was up to the franchise. I didn't know what was going on internally. I thought he should have been given a chance to compete for the job. I believe I said that. Not totally be pushed out, like it seemed he was. I don't think that makes me Pro or anti Favre. At that point, I just wanted what the franchise to do what was best. I just say I differentiate what he had done versus what was going on. That was when he did that awful Great interview on Fox News. I thought the way he was acting was like a *******, but still, never one forgot the stuff he did for the franchise.

He didn't quit. And I was mocking him AFTER that interview all dealing with how he was acting. I didn't say it here, but I told other fans and on other forums that I won't think he is a ******* once everything is all said in done (meaning he retires completely for good). I said he needed a psychologist and that he was going to parachute down and land on Rodgers and take his job. That was the nature of my mocking :). Your friends can act like jackasses sometimes...doesn't mean you hate them. Doesn't mean you are against them. Also doesn't mean you have to be for what they are doing.

JBlood

Cheesehead
Reaction score
"Not totally be pushed out, like it seemed he was."

Funny. His agent was shopping him around the league within a month of his "retirement". He asked for his release during his "retirement". He was phoning his "friends" at the Vikings during his "retirement" while he was asking for his release. He repeated all of this while "retired" from the Jets, only difference is they gave him his release.

Who forced who to act?

fettpett

Cheesehead
Reaction score
"Not totally be pushed out, like it seemed he was."

Funny. His agent was shopping him around the league within a month of his "retirement". He asked for his release during his "retirement". He was phoning his "friends" at the Vikings during his "retirement" while he was asking for his release. He repeated all of this while "retired" from the Jets, only difference is they gave him his release.

Who forced who to act?

personally felt that the Packer should have put language into the trade deal that kept the Jets from releasing him as well from trading him, thought that was backhanded as all get out on the Jets part. Glad we kicked their ***** this season

TampaPacMan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
As far as I'm concerned, if that miserable traitor wants to have his number retired, he should wait until the Vikings do it!

VersusTheMoose

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It will eventually happen, and it should happen. He was a great Packer and helped them win a SB. My own extreme distaste for him will subside at some point.

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Wasnt calling you in particular out but I guess if you took offense there must be some truth to it LOL

You left when favre went to NYJ and joined back on when the packers are in the playoffs this year. I never understood how anyone could cheer for the Packers and the next year cheer for the Vikings.

fettpett

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Wasnt calling you in particular out but I guess if you took offense there must be some truth to it LOL

You left when favre went to NYJ and joined back on when the packers are in the playoffs this year. I never understood how anyone could cheer for the Packers and the next year cheer for the Vikings.

sadly many "Packer" fans were mostly Favre fans and jumped ship with him (thus why the Jets got put on Milwaukee CBS stations), then went with to MN...

OP
OP
M

missinghoagies

Cheesehead
Reaction score
LOL. It is amazing how obsessed people are over Favre. Even after the current quarterback Mr. Rodgers won the game and the MVP for the game.

It is like Favre killed someone. SHUT UP. Most immature fans ever. I find it hilarious the people that are saying no more Favre, forget about him, lets not ever have his number/name in GB, etc. are the people brining him up and obsessing.

The poster who said it is like bringing up an ex, it is true. People are bitter. And it is hilarious.

It is pretty sad people define 15 years by a couple of months. Even after the franchise has clearly moved on and succeeded. People act as if he ***** and murdered someone.

Jesus. I've never seen such a sick obsession in my life.

It is like only talking about the ex, after getting married, while on the honeymoon. It really is.

Dude it is a forum for discussion re: all things Packers and if you think Brett Favre and his decisions and his current decisions have nothing to do with this organization and more so with the fan base you are just plain wrong and just don't get it. Nothing to do with him being our collective ex...just he is a great player who made all kinds of selfish decisions that have put the organization in a really tough spot re: how to celebrate his incredible but selfish career with the Pack.

Powarun

Big Bay Blues fan
Reaction score
Guys - I think I got teh best thing for it. We retire Favre's number so we can get it done with, then hire somone to remove all traces of it at Lambeau field, and mark it as vandalism. And then have the Packers echleon say its too costly to replace. THen tell all future generations we got rid of the number since a man that wore it was a traitor.

OP
OP
M

missinghoagies

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Me personally? Yes and No. I can definitely see how you would view it that way and many others. By no means that is wrong. I know with myself, personally. I've had some arguments/grudges per se against an individual near the top of an organization that I wanted to 'get back at'. But, I didn't have any ill will toward anybody else in the organization really. I mean I know it is my own case, and my own feelings. And I suppose even in my own case, in an extension, it was having ill feelings toward the organization by the whole.

Sure Brett had problems with Ted since 2005 when Rodgers was drafted. It was clear Brett was unhappy then. So obviously they had problems. There were times when Brett and MM didn't get along to well, but by the 2007 season, they were gelling (obviously because they were winning), but the whole time it was clear that he really only had a problem with Ted. I still believe that, maybe McCarthy too and Murphy. But, I didn't see him being bitter toward anybody else. And yes by extension it is against the Packers. But, that is the irrationality of a feud and a grudge. It is irrational, but I don't think that was his intent. He doesn't have any ill will towards the fans. The fans were heavily behind Brett at first (thought that quickly dwindled), but I can't see him have any bad feelings toward a huge majority of the players or the fans.

Everything is a result of people being irrational. Brett went about it the wrong way and became a drama queen. Screwed things up, wanted his revenge on a couple of people, but it made him look horrible (rightfully so). But it doesn't change the fact he didn't really do anything horrible. He never harmed or hurt me in anyway. He never hurt the organization really. They moved on, went 6-10 the first year with 5 close losses, then 11-5 and make the playoffs. The 3rd year they are Super Bowl champions. Only the Steelers and Saints (and now the Packers) have won the Super Bowl since Brett left....that is pretty darn good for GB :D.

I guess I don't care as much as others, but what was done...was done. Here we are now. The organization much better off, for the future especially. He didn't set fire to the stadium, didn't hold back the franchise for more than a couple of months. The man never quit on the team. As long as he was on the team, he tried his *** off. As much as he sucked in the playoffs that last 5 or 6 years in GB....he never quit on the team. And he played every single game once he made his first start. I appreciate that. You just don't brush that under the rug.

Sorry man you sound like he is your ex:) and cant stand when he is criticized for his selfish behaviors. Bottom line he wanted Packer organization to lose, made arrangements to find his way to their biggest rivals(at the time) and as of about 8 weeks ago was telling Julius Peppers to beat those Packers when he didn't realize mics were picking up the conversation...I loved his career in GB and it would have continued and maybe had a different ending if he wasn't such a DIVA who had to have the Packer organization revolve around him rather then being part of the organization like a certain SB winning MVP Packer QB has become and always has been and probably always will be...thank God.

LombardiChick

Win or lose, I love this team.
Reaction score
Sorry man you sound like he is your ex:) and cant stand when he is criticized for his selfish behaviors. Bottom line he wanted Packer organization to lose, made arrangements to find his way to their biggest rivals(at the time) and as of about 8 weeks ago was telling Julius Peppers to beat those Packers when he didn't realize mics were picking up the conversation...I loved his career in GB and it would have continued and maybe had a different ending if he wasn't such a DIVA who had to have the Packer organization revolve around him rather then being part of the organization like a certain SB winning MVP Packer QB has become and always has been and probably always will be...thank God.

Did you actually hear him say that to Peppers? I thought it was just something Peppers repeated in an interview in the press...though I don't doubt Favre said it.

And if Glazer's story about him offering Detroit intel on the Packers' playbook is true, I don't know what more he'd have to do to convince Packer fans that he doesn't have their happiness in mind.

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm guilty of this too, despite my screen name. (And if I had a $1.oo every time someone brought up the irony of my screen name and discussing Brett Favre, well, I'd have $3 that I know of!)

Anywho:
Why do we keep on discussing Brett Favre and the Packers?
Or BF at all?
Everything from him doing a one day contract to how he's going to retire as a Packer?
Shouldn't we just wait and see what happens?
(And whatever happens, happens. It will just be the way it goes.)

I did bring up the idea of having a separate Brett Favre section over in the feedback part and LTF brought it up here.
I think if it can be done, it's what we need since BF is no longer a Packer.

OP
OP
M

missinghoagies

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Did you actually hear him say that to Peppers? I thought it was just something Peppers repeated in an interview in the press...though I don't doubt Favre said it.

And if Glazer's story about him offering Detroit intel on the Packers' playbook is true, I don't know what more he'd have to do to convince Packer fans that he doesn't have their happiness in mind.

I did not hear it, heard it from a friend who said Favre said it after the Bears game at U of MN when shaking hands with him...

TheSnowPlow

Driving Don Shula Crazy
Reaction score
:snack:

Attachments

• FutureFavre.jpg
    FutureFavre.jpg
    51.4 KB · Views: 105

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts