1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
  2. Big Announcement Coming for 2015 Football Season!!

Be on the look out for a big Packer Forum announcement when the schedule is released. Full details coming soon...

Diminishing returns

Discussion in 'Packer Fan Forum' started by IPBprez, Jan 2, 2006.

1. IPBprez

IPBprez Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +5
    Posted Jan. 02, 2006
    [​IMG]
    Brad Zimanek

Diminishing return on assistants also spells doom for Sherman

Assistant coaches are the backbone of any professional or college football team.

The continuity provided by a quality coaching staff is one of the primary reasons why teams win championships. People all around the NFL looked on in awe as New England’s triumvirate of head coach Bill Belichek and coordinators Charlie Weis and Romeo Crennel carried talented but often injury-riddled units to three Super Bowl titles.

The Patriots’ armor was dented slightly this season when Weis and Crennel left.

Remember the Packers’ two teams that reached Super Bowl XXXI and XXXII?

The coaching staffs of Mike Holmgren turned out to be a “Who’s who?â€

2. yooperfan

yooperfan Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Sylvester Croom was a good (better than average) coach and I was sorry to see him go. Johnny Roland was a shocker as his replacement, I didn't think he was a good hire and I was glad to see him go.
    Edgar Bennett was a good hire in my opinion and I would certainly like to see him stay.
    I think the Packers should do whatever they have to do to keep Jim Bates in Green Bay.