Dez Bryant signed by the Saints

H

HardRightEdge

Why wouldn’t u wanna get a wr with talent regardless of his attitude he can play ball and better than Allison... why not give Rodgers as many weapons as u can especially if u can get a decent contract we need anyone that’s gonna help us win Rodgers would like it.. and let us hit more on defense for the draft
I didn't say anything about his attitude.

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
fun facts, can see why Dallas said "Adios!"

You must be logged in to see this image or video!

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
the money a team pays him will never match his production or his mouth

H

HardRightEdge

fun facts, can see why Dallas said "Adios!"
A 50% catch rate is not bad for a guy who runs a lot of deep routes and racks up 15+ yards per catch.

Bryant is not that guy anymore. 52% catch rate with a possession receiver's 12 yards per catch last season tells you he has not adjusted to declining athleticism. Few do. Fitzgeralds are pretty rare.

4Ever4Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don't understand why everyone is quick to bring up Dez's production stats over the past two years but completely neglect teh change from Romo to Dak as a major reason for this. Mark my words, Dez is not declining. If anything, he rested up for two years. If he gets in with a good QB, he's gonna be a beast again.

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
I don't understand why everyone is quick to bring up Dez's production stats over the past two years but completely neglect teh change from Romo to Dak as a major reason for this. Mark my words, Dez is not declining. If anything, he rested up for two years. If he gets in with a good QB, he's gonna be a beast again.

That is definitely going to be the hope for whoever signs him. I'm not going to pretend that I follow his career or even see him play that often, but when I read the reactions from Cowboy fans, it's really mixed. Some are happy to see him gone and others think its a big mistake. His drops and lack of desire is mentioned by several fans and his supporters seem to blame that on coaching and Dak.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
That is definitely going to be the hope for whoever signs him. I'm not going to pretend that I follow his career or even see him play that often, but when I read the reactions from Cowboy fans, it's really mixed. Some are happy to see him gone and others think its a big mistake. His drops and lack of desire is mentioned by several fans and his supporters seem to blame that on coaching and Dak.
he's a diva thru and thru, with diminishing skills. They can blame coaching and Dak, but he's the type that was paid to make plays, and when it was time to rise up and do it, he didn't and blamed someone else. I don't follow him that closely either, but I have seen a few Cowboys games and it seemed every time I did, there was a play to be made and Dez just flat out didn't make it more often than not.

Ogsponge

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If we could get him for about 5 million for 1 year it would be foolish not to go after him, but as has already been mentioned he will be well overpaid.

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
The smart move for both Dez and a team interested in signing him would be a very incentive based contract. Offer him $4M with the ability to double it. If he has a good year, he makes more money and sets himself up for a decent new contract.

OP
OP
Favre>Rodgers259

Favre>Rodgers259

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The smart move for both Dez and a team interested in signing him would be a very incentive based contract. Offer him $4M with the ability to double it. If he has a good year, he makes more money and sets himself up for a decent new contract.

I was thinking $3.5M, with incentives for 65 receptions or more and also for yards beyond 1300 and maybe something if he tops 100 yards in a postseason game....perhaps topping out at about $8-9.5M for the year.

H

HardRightEdge

The question was....

"Besides Richard Sherman and OBJ, what one big personality player could change the Packers future?"
That's not about changing the future; that's about changing the "now". How about these guys who were going to change the Packers "future":

Martellus Bennett (big personality!)
Lance Kendricks
Davon House
Ahmad Brooks
Jahri Evans
Rickey Jean Francois
Quinton Dial

I believe there was a lot more enthusiasm for that crew last offseaon/preseason than the current collection. Sign enough guys in a pool of aging, declining and underperforming names and you might get one, like Evans, where you get your money's worth.

Veretax

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The question isn't whether to sign him or not. The Question is, how do you sign him and feel like you don' put the organization at risk for a possible flake out ala Martellus Bennet?

I'm not sure he fits our schemes, frankly.

D

Deleted member 6794

The Packers shouldn't be interested in Bryant as he has regressed over the past three seasons and will ask for too much money. In addition his personality might be another reason to pass on him.

But why can't WE overpay him? He's got to come cheaper than Watkins and Robinson if you ask me....we restructure CM3 and Cobb, and we ink him up. This is a Super Bowl or Bust type of deal.

With the salary cap in place it's a terrible idea to overspend for players. I highly doubt Matthews and Cobb will agree to renegotiate their contracts at this point during the offseason.

Dez just tweeted that he'll see the Cowboys twice this year, so I'm guessing he's going straight to Philly. May have been talking to them all along.

That would be considered tampering.

Would you cut Cobb to sign Dez? Just asking, not sure that I would.

No.

gbgary

Cheesehead
Reaction score
he's a lower tier 2 guy. shouldn't be too expensive (jordy money). he's in decline. he's a sideline distraction. good match-up still against average and below CBs. this should humble him, might motivate.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 6794

he's a lower tier 2 guy. shouldn't be too expensive (jordy money). he's in decline. he's a sideline distraction. good match-up still against average and below CBs. this should humble him, might motivate.

I definitely expect Bryant to ask for more money than the Raiders overpaid for Nelson.

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score

You would think, but unlike Jordy, Bryant wasn't willing to take a paycut to stay in Dallas. I doubt anyone pays him what he thinks he is worth and I would guess Jordy was a lot easier to negotiate with than Bryant will be.

D

Deleted member 6794

You would think, but unlike Jordy, Bryant wasn't willing to take a paycut to stay in Dallas. I doubt anyone pays him what he thinks he is worth and I would guess Jordy was a lot easier to negotiate with than Bryant will be.

The Cowboys didn't offer to restructure Bryant's contract though.

gbgary

Cheesehead
Reaction score
his ego is his worst enemy.

should the Packers make a play for him? imo (swallowing hard)...yes, i guess so. the need is certainly there. by doing it they can concentrate on D in the draft. if they don't it won't surprise me at all considering what they haven't done all off-season.

Members online

Latest posts