Dexter Lawrence, dontari Poe...

GreenBaySlacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I lobbied for Dexter Lawrence and we get Gary... Which is still puzzling after we just let Perry go and doubled down on another project player ... Yikes.
Then put both the Smith's on the list of top 5 paid players on the team... Triple yikes ...

Then to perfectly pour salt directly down into the inside of my open wound... We get steamrolled by SF... Just like I said would happen the last 10 off seasons, if we didn't bulk up the interior dline.

Instead gute gets rid of capers and goes with the same scheme. Olb heavy. Light on entire dline. Still looking for a Ilb?!?!?

Dexter Lawrence would have changed that game.... Our season would have been much more dominant. Overall...

So as a back up plan. Since our draft pick wasn't going to get us a top prospect. I did a little digging and found out dontari Poe was going to possibly be dropped . Cap purge... I have literally been lobbying for a dominant nose since Poe was drafted. To get him now would be a perfect placement for both him and gb. He needs to play low miles during the season, and we don't need him to win 10+ games. And just like I said last year , word for word. When we get deep into the playoffs where the elite teams are playing elite football. We won't get steamrolled up front and bumped from the playoffs ANOTHER year that we could have gone all the way....

And I just checked. Poe to Dallas.
*#@+&*&$ DALLAS!?!?!? They got Gerald McCoy too. Puke.

What's our answer to getting steamrolled?
Treyvon Hester?
Or maybe under sized 2nd year 5th Rd DT kingsley is poised for breakout? Everyone we have is undersized, young, low draft picks , that haven't shown me crap.....CRAP!!!!!!!

Pure crap.

Another year destined for crushing failure

And guess what!?!? We avoided the worst case scenario of Clark or bahk going down last year. Now we lost bulaga and still don't have a legit replacement for either of our elite tackles ...
Either one goes down and the whole team will be bullied. Chain reaction of weak depth and no preparation for the replacement of either. It's just asking for a season meltdown.

OP
OP
G

GreenBaySlacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Uh... glad you got that rant off your chest I guess.
Yeah I signed off for a while on the gbp. Thought I'd come back and see some moves. Lmao. What a disappointment.

We are banking on three guys not getting hurt. Rodgers, bahk, and Clark. Same scenario as last year. Bad scenario if I'm not being clear in my rant....

No free agent moves. Nobody dropped.

Granted. We have Jordan love for a back up now.... But nobody knows if he is ready. At all. Chances are grim in GBs scheme.

But seriously. DEs in the 260s? Interior dlinemen barely cracking 300!? Come on man!
We need three Kenny Clark's to dominate the NFL. Add two top tier young fast attack DTs to the Packers equation. And SF run attack magically doesn't work anymore.
Instead we are doing nothing to fix the problem.

OP
OP
G

GreenBaySlacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
And a dontari Poe. We need a Poe to face up to their elite interior olinemen. Clark was getting swallowed up. Mainly because he is more of a DE in my opinion.
Most situations he can be great at nose. Passing downs. But he isn't a Poe/wilfork/grave digger type of nose that can stand up two elite interior olinemen.

We will continue to get smoked by those types of team. Unless we get the right players to stop the hemmoraging.

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
No free agent moves.

This is factually incorrect.

We need three Kenny Clark's to dominate the NFL.

Except on rookie contracts the combo of 3 "Kenny Clarks" DOES NOT happen.

Granted. We have Jordan love for a back up now.... But nobody knows if he is ready. At all. Chances are grim in GBs scheme.

But seriously. DEs in the 260s? Interior dlinemen barely cracking 300!? Come on man!
We need three Kenny Clark's to dominate the NFL. Add two top tier young fast attack DTs to the Packers equation. And SF run attack magically doesn't work anymore.
Instead we are doing nothing to fix the problem.

No rookie is a sure thing...which you agree on Love, then claim if we'd just added two top tier young DTs our problems would be gone....those contradict each other.

I say all this and everyone here knows and heard me pushing for a DT in the first three rounds, sometimes first round just this draft....so I get the sentiment of feeling we need help for Clark. I'm still pushing for Snacks Harrison signing.

D

Deleted member 6794

I lobbied for Dexter Lawrence and we get Gary... Which is still puzzling after we just let Perry go and doubled down on another project player ... Yikes.
Then put both the Smith's on the list of top 5 paid players on the team... Triple yikes ...

I did a little digging and found out dontari Poe was going to possibly be dropped . Cap purge... I have literally been lobbying for a dominant nose since Poe was drafted. To get him now would be a perfect placement for both him and gb. He needs to play low miles during the season, and we don't need him to win 10+ games.

And I just checked. Poe to Dallas.
*#@+&*&$ DALLAS!?!?!? They got Gerald McCoy too. Puke.

The Packers should have improved the defensive line this offseason but Poe wouldn't have been the solution to the team's woes at the position.

I have no idea how any Packers fan can have an issue with signing the Smiths last offseason after the way they performed in 2019.

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I have no idea how any Packers fan can have an issue with signing the Smiths last offseason after the way they performed in 2019.

This boggles my mind as well! I've not seen free agency acquisitions ALL pan out like last year's for Green Bay...and that includes Amos and Turner as well. Turner arguably was the weakest and still was a consistent starter for us.

mradtke66

Cheesehead
Reaction score
\

Nothing about that is unusual. Most 4-3 ends/3-4 OLBs are about 260.

Most 3T tackles are about 300--3-4 or 4-3.

1/0T NT tend to be your 325+ behemoths, but depending on scheme, you can get away with smaller guys.

Jeremiah Ratliff, of Cowboys fame, played NT at about 303. He gave up size, but made up for in in speed. It also helped that he played in Wade Phillips, who runs a particularly blitz heavy, single-gap, "play the run on the way to the quarterback" kind of defense.

lambeaulambo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Totally w the oversight of not improving the interior dline. But the Smiths were a godsend. I have been screaming for an ILB presence as well. D secondary looks very solid. Billy Turner is avg at best, but Jenkins is incredible.

H

HardRightEdge

It's no longer about who can get. It's about who you can keep going into 2021. The reduced cap for that season makes this past draft all that much more disappointing.

OP
OP
G

GreenBaySlacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
This boggles my mind as well! I've not seen free agency acquisitions ALL pan out like last year's for Green Bay...and that includes Amos and Turner as well. Turner arguably was the weakest and still was a consistent starter for us.
I was directing the "no free agent " comment to the interior dline.....

And I don't have any problem with the Smith's. Great equasion. 26. Up and coming. No injury history ...... Sold!

But did we need to draft Gary at the same position? Blew all that draft capital..............

And we had fackrell as an option. maybe in a 3 man rotation.... With Gary...... but we definitely shouldn't have spent all that draft capital and all that cap space on the same positions.....

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I was directing the "no free agent " comment to the interior dline.....

And I don't have any problem with the Smith's. Great equasion. 26. Up and coming. No injury history ...... Sold!

But did we need to draft Gary at the same position? Blew all that draft capital..............

And we had fackrell as an option. maybe in a 3 man rotation.... With Gary...... but we definitely shouldn't have spent all that draft capital and all that cap space on the same positions.....

The comment you quoted in no way disagrees with anything you just said, nor was it in defense of drafting Gary. You will not find a true defense of picking Gary or Love from me, outside of the logic they both must have been very high on GB's draft board to grab them given the positional strength already.

D

Deleted member 6794

IBut did we need to draft Gary at the same position? Blew all that draft capital..............

There was wide spread criticism of Gutekunst for using the 12th overall pick on Gary after spending a ton of money on two edge rushers in free agency last year.

Unfortunately his rookie campaign didn't put it to rest.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts