Defense Starting to Heat Up

PackinMSP

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Our O looked pretty bad in the 4th again... but I think a key thing to take away from these past 3 wins, alebit all "ugly" is that the Defense is starting to heat up a bit.

Sure these aren't really explosive/top offenses, but I don't think it really matters. They're holding opponents to 13/15/13 points...

If they can keep it rolling and into the playoffs I don't think it matters how good our Offense is, especially if you're playing in Lambeau in the Winter. Offense won't win games in the playoffs

GBowner

Cheesehead
Reaction score
This D has already proven they can’t stop good offenses like the Niners or Saints or even Seahawks. They beat the Vikings at home and I’ll feel a little better. But, I’ll say it again. This team isn’t ready for the big dance. If they can add a few upgrades, next year should be the year to watch. This team is as healthy as they’ve been in years at this point in the season. Still, they can’t compete with the big boys yet.

elcid

Cheesehead
Reaction score
This D has already proven they can’t stop good offenses like the Niners or Saints or even Seahawks. They beat the Vikings at home and I’ll feel a little better. But, I’ll say it again. This team isn’t ready for the big dance. If they can add a few upgrades, next year should be the year to watch. This team is as healthy as they’ve been in years at this point in the season. Still, they can’t compete with the big boys yet.
Even top tier defenses can't stop good offenses. Did you see the Niners Saints game? Our D is not the liability, our O is.

milani

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Our O looked pretty bad in the 4th again... but I think a key thing to take away from these past 3 wins, alebit all "ugly" is that the Defense is starting to heat up a bit.

Sure these aren't really explosive/top offenses, but I don't think it really matters. They're holding opponents to 13/15/13 points...

If they can keep it rolling and into the playoffs I don't think it matters how good our Offense is, especially if you're playing in Lambeau in the Winter. Offense won't win games in the playoffs
The good thing is that we play the next two games indoors. It will be warm enough inside.

elcid

Cheesehead
Reaction score

I agree with your statement, apart from the last part. Sure, "defenses" win championships, and offense doesn't win games in the playoffs. But lack of offense definitely makes you lose playoff games, and that's what I am afraid of most right now

rmontro

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I can't blame the defense for letting the Bears back into the game. The offense left them out on the field too long in the second half.

OP
OP
PackinMSP

PackinMSP

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Although we got beat pretty bad against the 49ers, I wouldn't put too much blame on the D for that one. Zadarius Smith came to play for that one.

If not for an early, stupid Davante penalty and AR's fumble, we had opps in that game.

Our D was REALLY, REALLY "hung out to dry" in that game as well...

With the 49ers losing today, we are tied for best record in the NFL and looking forward to a rematch

gatorpack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Although we got beat pretty bad against the 49ers, I wouldn't put too much blame on the D for that one. Zadarius Smith came to play for that one.

If not for an early, stupid Davante penalty and AR's fumble, we had opps in that game.

Our D was REALLY, REALLY "hung out to dry" in that game as well...

With the 49ers losing today, we are tied for best record in the NFL and looking forward to a rematch
Is Baltimore in the AFL???

OP
OP
PackinMSP

PackinMSP

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Baltimore is gross and ghetto and ethnic AF, they have a good team but I wish they were in the AFL. that's a gross City

rmontro

Cheesehead
Reaction score
As usual... Let's wait for next good throwing QB.
Yeah, it helps that we were able to build up a lead before the offense stalled completely. The Bears aren't the best at coming from behind, and we're better defending the pass than the run. So that all played to our strengths.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yeah, it helps that we were able to build up a lead before the offense stalled completely. The Bears aren't the best at coming from behind, and we're better defending the pass than the run. So that all played to our strengths.
But today we completely shut down their run and made them pass long before they fell behind by multiple possessions. That’s when they actually hit some plays. The only reason it was halfway close anymore was our DBs inability to hang on to the ball.

D

Deleted member 6794

But, I’ll say it again. This team isn’t ready for the big dance. If they can add a few upgrades, next year should be the year to watch. This team is as healthy as they’ve been in years at this point in the season. Still, they can’t compete with the big boys yet.

Yet the Packers are a lost tie-breaker away from being the #1 seed in the NFC.

PackAttack12

R-E-L-A-X
Reaction score
Packers currently 9th in the NFL in points allowed.

Hilarious the people that are banging on this defense right now. Far from a well oiled machine, but they have finished 22, 26, and 21 in the past three years in descending order in opponents points per game and have averaged a 18.5 finish since 2011.

Strides were made down the stretch last year before the season was out of hand. Two games to go, but the Packers have come a long way under Pettine especially in comparison to what we've dealt with in recent years.

This team is a well functioning offense away from serious Super Bowl contention. Defensively, in year two, you really cannot ask for a whole lot more than what we've gotten.

El Guapo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Baltimore is gross and ghetto and ethnic AF, they have a good team but I wish they were in the AFL. that's a gross City
You need to holster that kind of talk here. It's not appreciated. I'm sure that there is a good white people forum that you can visit if you need to let out your anger. Keep it to football here.

elcid

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Packers currently 9th in the NFL in points allowed.

Hilarious the people that are banging on this defense right now. Far from a well oiled machine, but they have finished 22, 26, and 21 in the past three years in descending order in opponents points per game and have averaged a 18.5 finish since 2011.

Strides were made down the stretch last year before the season was out of hand. Two games to go, but the Packers have come a long way under Pettine especially in comparison to what we've dealt with in recent years.

This team is a well functioning offense away from serious Super Bowl contention. Defensively, in year two, you really cannot ask for a whole lot more than what we've gotten.
Agreed. We give up a good number of yards every game, but as long as we prevent the opponent from scoring TD's I am very happy with their play. Add in the turnovers and its all we could wish for really, given its the Packers defense. It's amazing that they will be virtually intact next year, if we can only add one bona fide WR next season

Sergeant Major

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Does anyone know has Rodgers spread the ball around to all WR"S and backs in the last 3 games. When Adams was out Rodgers used all hands. To win this game he will have to use all hands and get the ball out of his hands within 2.5 seconds. Get the 1st downs on 3rd and short. Kick field goals instead of going for a first down on 4th and 1. Get the points and the TD's will come. Our defense has been playing okay. Kenny Clark, Smith's, and defensive backs are playing great.

gatorpack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
You need to holster that kind of talk here. It's not appreciated. I'm sure that there is a good white people forum that you can visit if you need to let out your anger. Keep it to football here.
I agree with the first half of this post then you lost me with the rest smh

D

Deleted member 6794

Does anyone know has Rodgers spread the ball around to all WR"S and backs in the last 3 games. When Adams was out Rodgers used all hands. To win this game he will have to use all hands and get the ball out of his hands within 2.5 seconds. Get the 1st downs on 3rd and short. Kick field goals instead of going for a first down on 4th and 1. Get the points and the TD's will come. Our defense has been playing okay. Kenny Clark, Smith's, and defensive backs are playing great.

Adams has been targeted on 29 of Rodgers 90 throws (32.2%) over the past three games. With Davante clearly being the #1 receiving option I don't consider that to be an issue by any means. The Packers went for it on fourth down more often against the Bears because it would have been tough kicking field goals in those conditions.

Pugger

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Adams has been targeted on 29 of Rodgers 90 throws (32.2%) over the past three games. With Davante clearly being the #1 receiving option I don't consider that to be an issue by any means. The Packers went for it on fourth down more often against the Bears because it would have been tough kicking field goals in those conditions.

Yes, I noticed Chicago didn't try to kick many FGs on Sunday either

Members online

Latest posts