Deeply divided fans..??

Status
Not open for further replies.

TomAllen

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think what we have here are Packer fans who are deeply divided. It's not surprising, in fact, it's natural under the current circumstances.

We are all Packer fans, obviously, but we have different opinions on how the team should be, and is being run. On the one hand, you have the "stay the course" TT supporters who feel that whatever TT does is fine and dandy since he is the GM of the Packers.

And on the other hand, you have fans who are questioning his current moves, and his philosophy of rebuilding over re-tooling, especially when you have a player of Brett Favre's caliber on the team.

I'm not offering any solutions here, rather just stating the facts, and also stating that this is natural--regarding the current circumstances of the Packer organization.

There's going to be a certain amount of tension on this board because of this fact, and it's time that people understood that rather than calling names if people disagree with you, and moderators threatening to suspend people for defending themselves against the personal attacks of others. Among other things.

It's a touchy time in Packerland, and I think as the season goes on..it's going to become even touchier.

Just my opinion.

slackerbacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Another great post Mr. Allen

What good would a forum be if everyone who came here agreed w/ everyone else? Likewise, isn't second guessing and speculation one of the major draws to watching any sport?? I think it is and it's great to have a place like this to share opinions w/ others. In the end, that's all it is (Opinions) and time will tell how is right and wrong.

recte44

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I agree with both of you. Tom- you make excellent points. Slacker- you do too. I wouldn't bother coming here if everyone agreed with everything I said, though I'll fight until the end trying to defend my opinions. :)

This could be the beginning of a beautiful friendship!

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
It's a very tough time. The Packers went 1 - 3 in exhibition games. We all sense the end is near. Then add to that, Najeh was cut? OMG

musccy

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The name calling should come to an end, and I agree to some degree about the "baiting" mentioned by the mods...

but you're right Tom...we all want to see the Packers win this year, and for varying reasons, many of us have our doubts about this actually happening, so how can one expect some huge "koom-by-ya" love fest on these boards?

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
All we can do is hope for the best, expect the worst and be thankful we have the Packers because many are not as fortunate.

ChrisC

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Good sense being talked all round, I think! I sense we are all going to have to cut each other some slack as this season unfolds - it has the potential to be a truly horrible one. :oops:

How spoilt we have been by the years of success - here comes a huge dose of "parity". I'm gonna need some support from my fellow Packer fans to stomach it!! :help:

Chris

Cory

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think what we have here are Packer fans who are deeply divided. It's not surprising, in fact, it's natural under the current circumstances.

We are all Packer fans, obviously, but we have different opinions on how the team should be, and is being run. On the one hand, you have the "stay the course" TT supporters who feel that whatever TT does is fine and dandy since he is the GM of the Packers.

And on the other hand, you have fans who are questioning his current moves, and his philosophy of rebuilding over re-tooling, especially when you have a player of Brett Favre's caliber on the team.

Yep. It's just fine and dandy because hes the GM. No other reason. Not that people could POSSIBLY agree with what he's doing. I agree with your sentiment, but give me a break on the "feel whatever he does is fine and dandy" line.

cyoung

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Different Opinions are what make anyplace interesting, but the name calling and the bashing has to stop, sometimes maybe the line you shouldn't cross has been crossed.

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
cyoung said:
Different Opinions are what make anyplace interesting, but the name calling and the bashing has to stop, sometimes maybe the line you shouldn't cross has been crossed.

I agree. I love it when people have different opinions than myself. It makes me more well rounded on the subject. I have to work on how I come off to people via the internet/text. 99% of the time I'm misunderstood as being pissed or something when I'm just looking for the bottom line.

kmac

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Guys, when you feel the urge to argue with a fellow poster/defend TT/rip TT, just remember. It could be worse. You could be a 49ers fan. Then you'll smile and look forward to our miraculous 6-10 season.

:lol:

Greg C.

Cheesehead
Reaction score
TomAllen said:

I'm not offering any solutions here, rather just stating the facts, and also stating that this is natural--regarding the current circumstances of the Packer organization.

There's going to be a certain amount of tension on this board because of this fact, and it's time that people understood that rather than calling names if people disagree with you, and moderators threatening to suspend people for defending themselves against the personal attacks of others. Among other things.

It's a touchy time in Packerland, and I think as the season goes on..it's going to become even touchier.

Just my opinion.

Nice try, Tom, but you've done little more than bait people since you've been on this forum. Believe it or not, it IS possible to be critical of TT without ripping on him for every little thing he does that you don't agree with, and without ripping on him just for the hell of it, as you so often do.

OP
OP
T

TomAllen

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Greg C.

That's your opinion, and your entitled to it, but I'm sure you'd say the same thing about Pyledriver, DePack, etc...because they have opinions that are different than yours, and you consider that "baiting".

Which, by the way, calling someone out as a "baiter" is one of the things that AADP outlined as something not to do on this forum. Why don't you leave it up to the moderators to moderate and follow the rules instead of trying to instigate something (like so many do on this forum) when someone states an opinion that you don't like, or diagree with?

porky88

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Just another thread with TT haters, TT supporters, Favre haters I heard somewhere a little ways back. I’ve hard TT loves. Sherman Haters, Sherman lovers. It's just ridiculous.

Anyone forget we're all Packer fans?

It's far to early to judge Ted Thompson in my opinion. If next season he lets the state of the Packers dwindle then I'll definitely feel a change should be made. Right now I think he's just trying to build his team and building football teams is tough to do. Rarely do you get a one year turnaround and then stay good for a long time after that. Sometimes you can get a one year turn around and then go right back in the hole a year after bur rarely does it take a year to a build a team that can be good for several seasons.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Latest posts