Darren Evans (RB, Virginia Tech)

DCEBB2011

Cheesehead
Reaction score
[FONT=Verdana,Geneva,Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif][SIZE=-2][FONT=Verdana,Geneva,Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif][SIZE=-2][FONT=Verdana,Geneva,Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif][SIZE=-2][FONT=Verdana,Geneva,Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif][SIZE=-2]Virginia Tech tailback Darren Evans will enter the 2011 NFL Draft. Evans announced the decision on Thursday. A redshirt junior in 2010, the native of Indianapolis, Ind., had one year of eligibility remaining with the Hokies in 2011. “After sitting down with family, I’ve decided to declare for the NFL Draft,” Evans said. “I felt like this is the best opportunity for me and my family. This was a tough decision because Virginia Tech was good to me and my family and I had fun. I was blessed to play at Virginia Tech and at that level of football. I have plans to graduate and I will, but the NFL has always been a dream so it’s hard to pass it up right now.” “Darren is really a quality player and a quality person,” head coach Frank Beamer said. “We’ve enjoyed having him here at Virginia Tech. He has been very much a part of our success, and we know he is going to have a great pro career.” Evans played in 28 games for the Hokies, starting 18. After redshirting in 2007, Evans had a monster year as a redshirt freshman. He rushed for 1,265 yards and 11 touchdowns to earn first-team All-ACC accolades and ACC Rookie of the Year honors. He capped off the season with 153 rushing yards in the Orange Bowl win over Cincinnati to earn the game’s MVP award. He suffered a setback in the preseason of 2009, tearing his ACL in practice and thus missed the entire season. This year, he came back and led the team in rushing yards and touchdowns as the Hokies won the ACC title. He ran for 854 yards and 11 touchdowns, starting nine games. - Virginia Tech football

Evans is our #16 RB in the junior class. At 6-0, 220 Evans has good size to take a pounding but has an injury history. He shows adequate speed for the position (4.56e). This is another surprise departure considering his rank among all RBs this year.
[/SIZE][/FONT]
[/SIZE][/FONT]
[/SIZE][/FONT]
[/SIZE][/FONT]

Wood Chipper

Fantasy Football Guru
Reaction score
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E2CdtcW3J7w]YouTube - Draft Preview: Darren Evans[/ame]

Staff online

Members online

Latest posts