Darius fined $75,000..

acw

Cheesehead
Reaction score
gotarace27 said:
Don,t know how much he makes a year, but that has to hurt. I wouldn't want to go home and tell my wife that.

That's like someone making about $54,500 a year getting fined $1000, about 2% of his gross salary. (1.83% actually)

My wife would be quite po'ed. Of course, when you're making 4.1M 2% seems more like chump change than when you're making 50K. Now he won't get to buy that new Porsche until next year. On the other hand, I wouldn't be able to buy that new HD television until next year.

Somehow I don't really feel sorry for him, I hope his wife kicks his ***.

sixone220

Cheesehead
Reaction score
i didn't read the article from above but it may be what i was going to say. i think any injury, dirty hit or not, should carry any equal suspension. when chad couldn't walk, sapp should have been watching from the sideline. if fergy can't go the rest of the yr, neither does darius.

DefenseWinsCliche

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think that's steep. And he shouldnt have been suspended. That's dumb. If he wasn't a packer you guys wouldnt want a suspension. It was cheap, and it was dirty. It's still football. How is clotheslining someone any worse than the typical blaten helmet to helmet shot? It isnt. And that only costs people 5Gs.

IPBprez

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The problem... DW.. is that they let all of these "rage" players get away with that nonsense..... and you would be wrong about your perception of what should be allowed... There are ways of playing the game in a tough way, yet allowing everyone to remain "safe"... I can bet my bottom dollar, that Darius would be the first crybaby out there if he got hit like that... Why didn't he just use his shoulders to knock Fergie down? There were several ways he could have hit Fergie... and we all know it. ANY time a player gets hit like that "it's wrong"... and I don't care which team they play for. I know for a fact.. YOU wouldn't want to be in Fergie's shoes when that happened. No one with any brains whatsoever would....

Bottom line? If they dare try - it'll cost them dearly.
The penalty should be stiffer, any time such a stunt is pulled.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts