DAN PATRICK

fvre4mvp

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I was listening to DP today and he threw Favre under the bus for his Vicodin addiction 10 years ago It was on the same topic about moss smoking pot. He continued to say how Favre wasn't that great considering his past post season games. First off there are 23 other guys that started the games and aided to the loss Second off Peyton Manning is sooo great but DP didn't talk about him not winning playoff games and as I recall Favre got his ring his 5th year in the league and we are still waiting for the great manning to win. Did anyone else catch this 1:00 P.M Monday August 22nd ESPN Radio

jdlax

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Dan Patrick, that's the one that will say something, then leave about 7-8 seconds of dead air between that and the next thing he says, right?

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
JD said:
Dan Patrick, that's the one that will say something, then leave about 7-8 seconds of dead air between that and the next thing he says, right?

Not often but Jim Rome does that with some paper shuffling.

Brett has been tossed around a lot lately even with the unfortunate passing of the Niners OL somehow he tied Brett into that. Everyone seems to wanna mention Brett just to use him to get attention. It's getting old fast.

DePack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
You nailed it Slick. If you can associate any subject with Favre it legitimizes it. People love to talk about or hear about Favre.

agopackgo4

Cheesehead
Reaction score
This is sickining. I am sick of these people. Why are they doing it this year to Favre? They haven't done this other years. Now this year they jump on any little thing. Why the heck is he bringing up somthing that happened ten years ago? I know that the subject was brought out again with Moss buy why attack Favre? That is so stupid. :stupid: that is i mean with dan patrick

CalifPacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
agopackgo4 said:
This is sickining. I am sick of these people. Why are they doing it this year to Favre? They haven't done this other years. Now this year they jump on any little thing. Why the heck is he bringing up somthing that happened ten years ago? I know that the subject was brought out again with Moss buy why attack Favre? That is so stupid. :stupid: that is i mean with dan patrick

Typical crap from ESPN. They will stir up something from a long time ago just for ratings. I rarely listen to their commentary. Just watch the highlites.

CaliforniaCheez

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Favre gets ratings that's why he is discussed. Media types live and die by ratings.
It may be old and unfair but Favre is a big name that gets attention. He is used by the media and I think it is this stuff that will cause him to leave the game.

He really is a prisoner in his own house just wanting to be left alone. That may be why he just likes clowning in the locker room but out of the public eye.

billv

Cheesehead
Reaction score
patrick is weak

Dan Patrick is the guy who sold out and did beer commercials with John Elway and others. How can a legitimate journalist do beer commercials with fomer athletes? I haven't cared for him in years, and this further decreases my opinion regarding him, and ESPN for keeping him around.

ArizonaPackerFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Interesting this is being brought up, as a local hack down here in Arizona was taking pot shots at various athletes in the paper yesterday and mentioned something to the effect that Favre's consecutive games streak isn't legit because of the Vicodin he took. He was trying to make the comparison between that and baseball records not being legit because of steroids.

Steriods are illegal in baseball, I don't think Vicodin is. I don't see the connection. You might as well say Favre's streak is tainted because he ices down after games to reduce the pain. :roll:

Philtration

Cheesehead
Reaction score
People people...calm down. I have seen a lot of hand wringing, chest puffing and hysterical comments here the last few days. This is football and nothing more. Wisconsin is not being threatened by invaders from another state, there are no conspiracies being perpetrated against Brett Favre and no one is pissing on the Pope's hat here. You are letting sports writers, former Packers and posts on this and other boards get under your skin.
You have a football team with a proud and storied tradition. Are you happy with Brett Favre's career in Green Bay? Do you need approval from Dan Patrick, Stephen A. Smith, Darren Sharper or anyone else to feel legitimate? Most of you claim the Packers will make the playoffs and maybe win the Super Bowl. If you truly believe that then why get so bent out of shape by any comments that say other wise?
Remember the old saying "consider the source"

musccy

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Agreed Phil...The media aren't obligated to say everyone is a peachy-keen swell lad. Brett has had his fair share of blunders and mistakes and when you're as big a name as he is, people will notice. It's nothing personal.

Philtration

Cheesehead
Reaction score
musccy said:
Agreed Phil...The media aren't obligated to say everyone is a peachy-keen swell lad. Brett has had his fair share of blunders and mistakes and when you're as big a name as he is, people will notice. It's nothing personal.

Unfortunately negativity sells. It is like the weather man standing next to the highway on the evening news and crying that the end is near every time we are threatened with a snow storm.

musccy

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Philtration said:
Unfortunately negativity sells. It is like the weather man standing next to the highway on the evening news and crying that the end is near every time we are threatened with a snow storm.

Right or wrong, it's compelling, and it's what people want to talk about. I would listen to ESPN talk shows and the ppl would ***** about how they hated that they had to talk about T.O, and would much rather talk about the Pats or something. Balogana!

IPBprez

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Philtration said:
People people...calm down.
Remember the old saying "consider the source"
Agreed - it's just more of the same ol' propaganda machine! Read past it.
As long as Packerfans do their homework and don't take a puppet reader on some TV Show as the golden gospel... you'll be fine.

digsthepack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It is the nature of American journalism....love people and their story on the ascent to fame and prominence....and then they love nothing more than to tear them down.

The media is a hungry beast, and Favre, in the twilight of his career, is an easy target for some of these hacks to satisfy their appetite.

And, if you are going to have your tongue firmly planted in the ***** of the appointed heirs apparent..you know...Manning (yes, even Eli), McNabb, Vick, etc., you gotta get rid of the old man to make way for the younger faces.

Typical....very typical.

agopackgo4

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I dont understand why they are starting to do it this year. I know it if for ratings but if you want ratings they useally talk about a classless jerk like TO instead of someone like Favre. It seems like this offseason they are singleing him out from everyone else. I hope Favre wins MVP this year that may shut them up :)

Miskito

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I never agreed with ESPN's choice in putting Dan Patrick over Jim Rome here in Chicago. Patrick has some valid points, but seems to be a very whiny, arrogant sports analysist. Rome, on the other hand had passion, and even though his show took getting used to, I'd put Rome over Patrick anyday. Just my two cents.

BTW, If pumping a QB full of Vicodin would help him perform, I say bring a truckload down here to Chicago. We certainly need it.

digsthepack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I love the analogy that Favre's career starts record is invalid because of his use (misuse) of pain medication. If that is the case, wipe out just about EVERY record on the books....there is not a player in the history of this game (well, perhaps kickers are excluded) who did not use pain relief medication by the 4th game of he year to stay on the field.

What a joke! If anything, the medication was a hinderance, not performance enhancing, to those years of his addiction

digsthepack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
He anounced he was cleaning up on the eve of the 1996 season.

He made the famous quote, "go ahead, bet against me", to those that wrote him and the team off upon his announcement of his seeking treatment for addiction.

Truly a classic!

PackerTraxx

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Brett Favre
:towel:

Dan Patrick
:whippin:

Green Bay
:joy:

ESPN
:puke:

Packers
:cheerleader:

Steve A... Smith
:boo:

Cheeseheads
:thumbsup:

agopackgo4

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Steven a is an idiot.....he doesnt know what he is talking about. Ryan I hope I am not doing anything wrong. And if anyone is offended at this i am not saying this to you. It seems like it is the loudmouth (again not all black people) but loudmouth black people like steven should shut up.

Members online

Latest posts