Cut Bulaga (and the other rookies) a little slack

Murgen

MechaPackzilla
Reaction score
Totally agree. Dude was going against a hell of an o-line and trying not to get Rodgers KILLED. I'll take his gaffs since it may have prevented Rodgers from sitting out the Eagles game with another concussion.

I remember Tramon was pretty bad for years after his rookie year as well. making all sorts of mistakes. Lots of people calling for him to be cut I remember. Now look at him. Dare I say, Shutdown Corner (even if it is an overused cliche).

PackersRS

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Not to mention Bulaga had never played RT in any level of football ever.
I think he had never even played in the right side, either as tackle or guard, but I'm 100% sure he had never played right tackle in his life.

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I just dont like seeing stupid penalties, a holding call time to time I get, but false starts are unacceptable.

Incubes12

Bay Harbor Butcher?
Reaction score
I just dont like seeing stupid penalties, a holding call time to time I get, but false starts are unacceptable.
When you're a rookie going up against a proven guy like Peppers, you're allowed to get nervous or anxious, or what have you. He'll get his NFL confidence and those penalties will diminish.

SpartaChris

Cheesehead
Reaction score
What, you mean we shouldn't expect rookies to play like seasoned, pro-bowl caliber vets from day one? Really? /sarcasm.

I agree Bulaga will be fine. Offensive line is one of the harder positions to get down, since there's so many moving parts that have to work in both the passing and running game. Next season we'll see an improvement and in year three he'll be playing well enough for pro-bowl consideration.

I imagine he'll bounce back to the left side next year, which is what he was drafted for anyway. Lang will go back to the right and we'll probably pick up another guy in the draft.

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
When you're a rookie going up against a proven guy like Peppers, you're allowed to get nervous or anxious, or what have you. He'll get his NFL confidence and those penalties will diminish.

Peppers was going against Clifton 75% of the game. Bottom line a starter was making mental errors that shouldnt be ignored bc he is a rookie. He is a starter on a playoff team and I expect him to play like one. If Clifton made those mistakes I would say the same thing.

Incubes12

Bay Harbor Butcher?
Reaction score
Peppers was going against Clifton 75% of the game. Bottom line a starter was making mental errors that shouldnt be ignored bc he is a rookie. He is a starter on a playoff team and I expect him to play like one. If Clifton made those mistakes I would say the same thing.
The false starts I saw, he was lined up against Peppers. I'd have to watch the game again to make sure, but it looked to me like he was just trying to get the jump on Peppers...a little too early.

I understand that, it being our team in the playoffs, we should want him to make no mistakes at all, and I do. However, that's not to say that I'm not going to expect a few along the way, because he is indeed a rookie.

Members online

Latest posts