Curly's Pub dumped for a "unique dining experience"

El Guapo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Sheesh, from your reaction I thought they were putting in an upscale restaurant. It sounds like they are just renaming Curly's Pub and changing some of the menu items. No need to crap anything unusual just yet, unless it's the aftermath of a unique dining experience.

mhnessie

Full On Cheesehead
Reaction score

Croak

Vincit qui patitur
Reaction score
I liked Curly's pub! Shame. But it's the only time I've been to Lambeau, so my opinion is probably skewed by a one time experience.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
Sheesh, from your reaction I thought they were putting in an upscale restaurant. It sounds like they are just renaming Curly's Pub and changing some of the menu items. No need to crap anything unusual just yet, unless it's the aftermath of a unique dining experience.

Moving it from 2nd floor to 1st floor

yooperpackfan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Best guess is economics. Sales may not have been adequate enough to retain the identity. Nothing else makes sense since it does have such nostalgic significance.
I always felt the location on the 2nd level was a detriment.
One night my wife and I had to wait on the stairs to get in.
But overall it always seemed well attended when we went there.
I just don't see the name as being a negative.
We met and talked with Donald Driver one afternoon when we went there for lunch. My wife was thrilled as he was her favorite Packers player.

PackerFever

Cheesehead
Reaction score
A Place that would allow a guy like Weeds in there??? I am a little leary.... ;) J/K I will probably go in there every time I am in GB, I wish they would have kept the name of Curly's. I am sure they will incorporate Curly and the rest off Packer Lore into everything but Curly's name could have been retained and grown.

profile_removed

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I always felt the location on the 2nd level was a detriment.
One night my wife and I had to wait on the stairs to get in.
But overall it always seemed well attended when we went there.
I just don't see the name as being a negative.
We met and talked with Donald Driver one afternoon when we went there for lunch. My wife was thrilled as he was her favorite Packers player.

As someone who has walking issues, it is a bad detriment for me to try to get up there last summer. Hopefully the move makes it more accessible.

El Guapo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Unfortunately an old stadium like Lambeau isn't ideal for retrofitting universal design standards, but they can work on making it better in increments. Maybe this move plays into that.

sschind

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I can understand the relocation but why rename it?

Purely marketing. IMO Curly's pub does nothing to make me want to check the place out. I get it that Curly is a historic name associated with the Packers but it is too generic. 1919 Eatery and Tap on the other hand offers more intrigue. What is the 1919 all about? Will it have a 1919 theme? Eatery tells me that it is more than a tavern with some standard tavern fare which kind of what I think of when I hear the word pub. I go to a pub to have a greasy burger, fries and a cold brew. (except the Next Door Pub in Lake Geneva. Excellent pizza and wings) Tap? must have lots of beers on tap I wonder which ones? The new name makes me think about things like that and makes me want to check it out. Curly's pub? Not so much.

I also think it may not be a totally bad thing to disassociate the name from the Packers a little bit. Yes the place is in Lambeau Field and everyone knows it is associated with the Packers but to some people Curly's Pub in Lambeau FIeld might just be another sports bar and not what they are looking for in a dining experience. The name will draw people in once, after that it is up to the food to keep them coming back. I think the name change will help draw more people in.

Poppa San

* Team Owner *
Staff member
Reaction score
Unfortunately an old stadium like Lambeau isn't ideal for retrofitting universal design standards, but they can work on making it better in increments. Maybe this move plays into that.
The former Curly's Pub was in the Atrium which was a completely new building about a decade or so back. It was away fromthe stadium, thus no retrofitting required. It was just a poor location to keep space available for the ProShop on the first floor.
The new label means I need a new $ouvenir $hirt. My "Curly's Pub" is now antiquated.

Uncle Rico

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Move it to the first floor if you want, but don't kill Curly's. Certainly some bitter feelings from this fan.

The Drew

The Drew Cave
Reaction score
Curly's Pub took a crap once it was sold within the last couple of season to a new owner. Food was trash and service was horrible. Hopefully this upgrade fixes the bad rap it has received recently