Culver

DakotaT

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Thanks Zero, I've read reports that he is very bright and has good football awareness. With any luck, he will be a good third safety able to play the dime package in place of Manuel.

Packnic

Cheesehead
Reaction score
thanks for that link.... i know its just one video. but that was a huge game and he showed some serious talent against probally the best team that year. nice open feild tackle on reggie or lendale whoever that was.

Greg C.

Cheesehead
Reaction score
all about da packers said:
[quote="pack_in_black":1e9bakmj]didn't he lead the Pack in tackles against SD?

Yup, you are correct.

Actually, I think Z posted the link to the game which got TT to notice Culver.[/quote:1e9bakmj]

Guess which Packer DB had the most tackles last year? Our friend Mark Roman. He was something like fourth or fifth in the league among safeties. Having a lot of tackles is not necessarily a good thing for a DB. Culver is not a good player yet, but he is a scrappy guy who could be decent if he keeps improving.

OP
OP
Zero2Cool

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
Greg C. said:
[quote="all about da packers":305wz6z3][quote="pack_in_black":305wz6z3]didn't he lead the Pack in tackles against SD?

Yup, you are correct.

Actually, I think Z posted the link to the game which got TT to notice Culver.[/quote:305wz6z3]

Guess which Packer DB had the most tackles last year? Our friend Mark Roman. He was something like fourth or fifth in the league among safeties. Having a lot of tackles is not necessarily a good thing for a DB. Culver is not a good player yet, but he is a scrappy guy who could be decent if he keeps improving.[/quote:305wz6z3]

espn.com has six Safeties with more tackles than Roman. Roman wasn't even in the top 40 and thats all it goes to :(

he barely had more tackles than our rookie starting safety...

Culver29

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Greg C. said:
Guess which Packer DB had the most tackles last year? Our friend Mark Roman. He was something like fourth or fifth in the league among safeties. Having a lot of tackles is not necessarily a good thing for a DB. Culver is not a good player yet, but he is a scrappy guy who could be decent if he keeps improving.
I'm willing to bet that a large part of Roman's release was due to Culver's great camp and impressions.

I think Culver will be starting ahead of Manuel by week 6.
I agree completely, and not just because I'm a Culver fan. Manuel has yet to prove he can be more than a bacup and he's coming off an injury. It may take him a few games to get some rhythm, and Culver is already playing well.

Reaction score
Culver29 said:
I'm willing to bet that a large part of Roman's release was due to Culver's great camp and impressions.

That played a part no doubt. However the main reason was the step forward Marviel Underwood took this off-season. Culver playing the way he has was definitely a big boost in terms of having confidence in someone to do the job should Underwood go down. By all accounts so far, Culver will be a good one! Collins/Underwood/Culver is an amazing group. Speed, power, and willingness to improve in all 3 are great attributes.

Culver29

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I noticed too that the Packers moved Culver from FS to SS. Was Underwood interchangeable between the two positions? That's a huge asset in itself to have a backup who can play both positions. I think that's a hint to how highly they think of Culver and how much they trust he can get the job done. I know at one point after Underwood went down they had Culver 2nd string SS and 3rd FS. He's just listed as 2nd SS now though.

packedhouse01

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The Culver kid looks good early on. Underwood's injury really opened up an opportunity for this kid. What has impressed me most is that he took that opportunity and apparently was prepared to take advantage of it. There are lots of players who get cut from this league who have a lot of talent, but can't find that thing within themselves to get to the next level. Maybe Culver has that. Do you all remember Johnny Gray? He was another one of those types of players who took what he had and blended that with a lot of guts, heart and effort to become a very fine player.

Members online

Latest posts