Crosby

gopkrs

Cheesehead
Reaction score
OK, I am a Crosby fan. I like the fact that he has the ability to kick the long one if needed. But I have never seen two such pitiful onside kicks in my life. To me, that is a coaching mistake. They obviously needed to work on that more. All it takes is to have Crosby doing it several times every practice. You don't even need the rest of the team with you. Jeeeez

PackAttack12

R-E-L-A-X
Reaction score
OK, I am a Crosby fan. I like the fact that he has the ability to kick the long one if needed. But I have never seen two such pitiful onside kicks in my life. To me, that is a coaching mistake. They obviously needed to work on that more. All it takes is to have Crosby doing it several times every practice. You don't even need the rest of the team with you. Jeeeez
Not that I disagree with the overall premise of the point you're making, but I would be highly shocked if the special teams group weren't practicing onside kicks at least "several times" every practice.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
There's a reason onside kicks are rarely converted. That high bounce is nice, but it's hard to control. Too far is no good. it goes out of bounds. Too short is no good, you can't recover it. You have to hit it right in that sweet spot get a good bounce and hope your guy can get there before a receiver can at the 10 yard spot.

Members online

Latest posts