Crazy theory about Favre

PackersRS

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yeah, (almost) everybody is sick and tired of this issue, but...
Yesterday I had lunch with my granpa. I had to pick him up at home and drive him, because he can't drive anymore. He has an early stage of Alzheimer. It's not that much of a problem, anymore, because he's reacting to the meds real nice. Half a year ago it was pretty bad, he couldn't remember a lot of things, was constantly confused... Now he's just indecisive with things.

Seeing him, suddenly one thought come to my mind... Maybe Favre is not a traitor! Maybe he's just old! Think about it! It makes sense. He wasn't like this when he was young. He was actually too impatient with his decisions. But now...

Favre has Alzheimer.:jester:

Murgen

MechaPackzilla
Reaction score
Favre has the "Old"

LOL

As funny as that sounds, it might actually have some basis in truth. The concussions I'm sure he has gotten over the years could be causing some critical thinking/decision making issues. Such as

• Dazed or stunned
  • Is confused about assignment
  • Forgets plays
  • Is unsure of game, score, or opponent
  • Moves clumsily
  • Answers questions slowly
  • Loses consciousness
  • Shows behavior or personality changes <--- Favre
  • Can't recall events prior to hit
  • Can't recall events after hit
Sorry your Grandfather has Alzheimers. My Grandfather died of that. That was before medication was around to help with the symptoms so it was pretty rough.

Packerlifer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
One of the panelists on The Sports Reporters program on ESPN last week made the observation that he thought the problem for Favre at the end in Green Bay was that Favre wanted "veneration" and didn't feel he was getting it.
Actually I would say Brett was venerated by Packers fans and would have had it even more if he had stayed retired as a Packer. Now, I and, I presume, many more as well, would even question if his #4 should be retired or his name & number placed on the Lambeau Field Hall of Fame ring.
Favre loves to play the games and loves the attention he gets and that's a big part of his motivation. And, in football terms, he is OLD and GETTINg OLDER and that scares the H out of him so he does everything he can to beat or deny it.

GBpsyco

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Ya gotta quit talking about Favre like beat up you sister. He's a football player that now plays for the Queens, lets just kick his ***

Pugger

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Favre got used to the royal treatment he got when Sherman ran the show. Shermy let him skip offseason activities and gave him his own dressing room. I can't recall ever seeing Sherman go over to BF and at least talk to him after he screwed up on the field. TT and MM come in and MM has him get a personal trainer, come to OTA's and got after him for boneheaded plays. BF wanted none of that even tho 2007 was his best season in eons. He even admitted in his teary PC in March of '08 he was weary of all the offseason work. Now BF found a team with a HC more like Sherman. Chilly will treat BF like Shermy did along with Bevell. A player like BF needs a strong HC like Holmgren and MM. This is why I feel in the end the queens will implode. :)

Philtration

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It seems that it is the Packers fans who have forgotten how much they loved Favre and how many times they tried to convince the rest of the world that he was the greatest QB of all time.

Who is the one with Alzheimers here?
:jester:

Jess

Movement!
Reaction score
It seems that it is the Packers fans who have forgotten how much they loved Favre and how many times they tried to convince the rest of the world that he was the greatest QB of all time.
I won't make the argument, because I think there's a few QBs who've been better, but I think a person could make a very legitimate argument that Favre is the best of all time. Stats wise, he is I guess.

Me personally, though? I measure by winning. Sure, Dan Marino and Favre were great, but at the moment I have Joe Montana ahead of them. And barring serious injuries, Peyton Manning and Tom Brady will go down in history as better than Favre. I'd argue that Otto Graham deserves to be ahead of Favre too.

Murgen

MechaPackzilla
Reaction score

Well, when he was our QB of course people are gonna stand behind him all the way regardless of reason. Just like some Bear fans think Jay Cutler is the 2nd coming and will lead them to the promise land. Just the way fans are.

I wouldn't say all GB fans were Brett Favre fans. My dad gave up on him a long time ago, and I always felt nervous with him in big games for obvious reasons. The dude really stunk in big games.

Packerlifer

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Who is the one with Alzheimers here?
:jester:

It's like in American history. Few remember Benedict Arnold as the best combat general on the American side in the Revolution. And do you know why?

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts