Cowherd Rips Rodgers

Riley82

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think it is a cheek Cowherd and Bayless slating any sports star or a team why dont them pair go and play?
But no they just sit there trolling.

Sunshinepacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It might be better if Rodgers doesn't call out coaches or players in the media. I'm fine with him voicing his opinion inside 1265 though.

I agree to a point. If a player has voiced that opinion internally and nothing changes though, then I can understand the player going more public.

Note: this is more a comment on the idea of players critiquing things internally. I'm not specifically referring to the recent Rodgers' comments (though they do fall within this category).

Sunshinepacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I agree that it should be done in private, if at all. Also, it should not be done publicly on a day when he has a 76 passer rating.

So he should only criticize the offense when he does REALLY well? I mean, that would (one would assume) only happen when the offense does well. If his criticism is that the offense isn't doing much to help him then a poor game would be the exact time to criticize. He's gonna come off really oddly if he comes out after a great game where the offense dominated and said, "The offense did really well today but mainly because I threw the ball really well into tight windows and not because of the gameplan."

It really is a no-win situation. Not criticizing MM (that's another topic), just pointing out that saying he can only complain when he does well doesn't make sense when part of what he's complaining about are flaws in the offensive gameplan. Now, you can say he's wrong but if he's only allowed to complain when the offense dominates then what you're really saying is that he's not allowed to complain...I think.

BrokenArrow

Cheesehead
Reaction score
So he should only criticize the offense when he does REALLY well? I mean, that would (one would assume) only happen when the offense does well. If his criticism is that the offense isn't doing much to help him then a poor game would be the exact time to criticize.

I just don't think after a game where you threw for about 55% with an INT and nearly another INT is the time to be pointing fingers.

Reaction score
I just don't think after a game where you threw for about 55% with an INT and nearly another INT is the time to be pointing fingers.
Pointing fingers? Who did he point his finger at? I genuinely want to know here, did he call someone specifically out of his Offense recently?

Last edited:

James from IL

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Not sure why everyone thinks he pointed fingers.. to me it sounds like he was calling out the entirety of the offense, including himself, for under performing.

D

Deleted member 6794

I agree to a point. If a player has voiced that opinion internally and nothing changes though, then I can understand the player going more public.

While I agree with that statement Rodgers has complained in the media too often since the end of last season.

H

HardRightEdge

Rodgers from yesterday:

"The execution needs to be better. I need to play better."

That's all I was looking for. We now return to our regularly scheduled programming.

Reaction score
Rodgers from yesterday:

"The execution needs to be better. I need to play better."

That's all I was looking for. We now return to our regularly scheduled programming.
Hilarious
So.. basically the issue at hand is another over sensitive exaggeration of a simple statement derived from basically a media fueled non worthy story. Carry on

Last edited:
H

HardRightEdge

Hilarious
So.. basically the issue at hand is another over sensitive exaggeration of a simple statement derived from basically a media fueled non worthy story. Carry on
It was more than a simple statement. The entire diatribe was directly or indirectly about the game plan with a sprinkling of execution criticisms. It may affect game planning and play calling going forward.

For me the real story was Rodgers not accepting responsibility for his own sub-par play during that diatribe if we can call a series of one liners a "diatribe". I don't mind the guy being critical of performances, the coaches or otherwise, 22-0 notwithstanding. But for a guy who demands accountability from everybody else, not calling out himself in the face of the facts was quite disappointing. "I need to play better," was all I was looking for and I finally got it. I don't ask for much. ;)

Last edited by a moderator:

McKnowledge

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Who cares? He's a clown who changes his opinions every other month to rile people up.

Cowherd is lame. Brought Mayfield on his show, and got clowned by his own guest. Then when Mayfield performs, Cowherd changes his tune. Waste of three hours theorizing everything about football.

brandon2348

GO PACK GO!
Reaction score
I really can't believe people still actually listen to Cowherd. Can't believe I actually used too.

That guy isn't worth a minute of my day.

rmontro

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Everyone here always insults the national sports media commentators.
I challenge you to name one that you like.

My current favorites are Will Forte, Jason Whitlock, and to a lesser extent Stephen A. Smith. That absolutely does NOT mean that I agree with them on everything, far from it. But generally I find their views and presentation tolerable.

H

HardRightEdge

I've said this before but it bears repeating. A "cowherd" is like a "shepherd" for cows. Don't be a cow.

McKnowledge

Cheesehead
Reaction score

My current favorites are Will Forte, Jason Whitlock, and to a lesser extent Stephen A. Smith. That absolutely does NOT mean that I agree with them on everything, far from it. But generally I find their views and presentation tolerable.

All three offer entertainment value. They know how to work the cameras and catch people's attention. I watch their shows from time to time. While shows like First Take have been a staple, I find tuning into First Things First (Cris Carter and Nick Wright), and staying into Undisputed has become more routine. I personally think Nick Wright offers valuable insight and along with Cris Carter perfects the athlete vs. "everyman" dynamic.

Heyjoe4

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Seems like Rodgers has been unhappy with MM’s game planning/calling for a number of years. That’s true for a lot of fans as well. It’s hard to evaluate MM as a self-anointed offensive genius when he has someone that talented at QB. This won’t be resolved as long as MM is head coach. IMO, Rodgers is challenging everyone including himself because MM won’t. Say what you will about BB, he calls trash trash.

Heyjoe4

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Love SAS.

Heyjoe4

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It was more than a simple statement. The entire diatribe was directly or indirectly about the game plan with a sprinkling of execution criticisms. It may affect game planning and play calling going forward.

For me the real story was Rodgers not accepting responsibility for his own sub-par play during that diatribe if we can call a series of one liners a "diatribe". I don't mind the guy being critical of performances, the coaches or otherwise, 22-0 notwithstanding. But for a guy who demands accountability from everybody else, not calling out himself in the face of the facts was quite disappointing. "I need to play better," was all I was looking for and I finally got it. I don't ask for much. ;)
Considering that Rodgers has the ability to change calls, your comment has merit. Personally, I’d rather he didn’t make those statements to the press. But something is eating at him, and the main culprit is probably MM.

lambeaulambo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
no one and I mean NO ONE should be listening to Cowherd...he is a dolt and ratings monger. Watching the Bayless/Shannon debacle is borderline ridiculous...I like listening to the likes of those who can remain objective....James Lofton is making a decent name for himself announcing. Romo is awesome. I dont mind Moss/Woodson. Ray Lewis needs to hang it up.

Ogsponge

Cheesehead
Reaction score
What???????/ He said Rodgers has a bigger ego then Brady???
What planet has he been on.
Rodgers has a monstrous ego, if you don’t realize that, take the rose colored glasses off. That said, there is nothing wrong with ego. To many people confuse ego with narcissism. Ego good, narcissism bad. Embrace your ego and suppress your narcissism.

D

Deleted member 6794

Seems like Rodgers has been unhappy with MM’s game planning/calling for a number of years.

While Rodgers has been unhappy with McCarthy's play calling at times it seems they have had a great relationship for the most part.