Corbin Burnes traded to Orioles.

OP
OP
weeds

weeds

Fiber deprived old guy.
Reaction score
He was one that didn’t like the arbitration?
Yeah his feelings were hurt because the Brewers thought that he was worth ... like $750K per year ... less than he thought he was worth. Also a Cy Young winner a couple of years back, and I think he pouted through last year over the arbitration ruling.

Truthfully, I never liked the arbitration thing, both in real life and pro sports. I mean, so many products and services you buy these days where you're agreeing to the "Terms of Service" ... you agree to not sue the vendor instead opting for arbitration which is largely skewed into the vendor's choice of arbitrators. Anyway, it hasn't impacted my life ... yet ... so I'll just get on my life.

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
Will be interesting to see which direction the Brewers head in. Trying to compete with the current roster or purge some of the "older" and still valuable parts while they can, for lots of young promising talent. Keep an eye on Devin Williams, Adames and Peralta.

Pugger

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yes, he won a Cy a couple of years ago but I don't think he's been as good the past couple of years. I am not thrilled with the return, however. I hear rumblings of Adames being moved too. We shall see.

OP
OP
weeds

weeds

Fiber deprived old guy.
Reaction score
He struck out 11 in 6 innings today for Baltimore. Gave up a 1st inning dinger to Troudt - but nothing after that

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
Corbin was most likely done in Milwaukee after this season, when his contract was up. Hated to see him traded, but I think it was smarter to get decent value for him now, rather than hanging on to him for 1 more season and getting nothing. Hopefully, the young talent that they got in the trade, as well as the money saved, improves the Brewers over the long haul.