1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!

Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Conspiracy theories abound

Discussion in 'Packer Fan Forum' started by TOPackerFan, Jan 12, 2006.

1. TOPackerFan

TOPackerFan Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    I'm surprised no one has raised this, but remember that SF almost drafted Aaron Rodgers last year (and McCarthy is said to have favoured drafting Rodgers over Alex Smith - though that's just speculation). Would it really surprise anyone if McCarthy was able to get this job simply by telling TT what a steal he got in Aaron Rodgers in the first round and what a star he was going to make him. Most footbal guys have huge egos, but TT's seems to be bigger than most (remember the commentary after his draft last year - drafted guys no one else had ever heard of or way above where others thought they should be drafted just to prove how smart he was, not that this is necessarily true).

My main concern with this hire, however, can be summed up in two words, Aaron Brooks. He never seemed to cure him of the problem of making stupid plays - does anyone actually think he'll have the stones to get in Favre's face, assuming he's back, when Brett starts making dumb plays?

2. bavpb

bavpb Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
  3. digsthepack

digsthepack Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    How about this name....Jake Delhomme. McCarthy also coached him. Look....Brooks has only so much to give...given his emotional immaturity, poor leadership skills and general stupidity...and yet, McCarthy seemed to get everything Brooks had to offer out of the guy.

To me, the coordinators he hires are going to be more telling. I heard Jeff Jagodinski is going to be looked at for OC...currently down in Atlanta...and he is expected to bring the Gibbs zone blocking scheme with him.

4. TOPackerFan

TOPackerFan Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Jagodzinski was our old TE coach no? I also heard the name Paul Hackett as a potential OC.

5. DePack

DePack Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1
    Hackett would make sense. He gave Mac (sorry but I'm tired of typing McCarthy) his first coaching job and followed him into the NFL.

6. bavpb

bavpb Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    League sources said McCarthy sold Thompson on his ability to run an offense based on the West Coast system the Packers have used since 1993, but perhaps with some changes in blocking schemes from what they’ve done in the past. The sources said McCarthy wants to hire one of two men as his offensive coordinator, Paul Hackett or Jeff Jagodzinski, and that will dictate the direction of the offense.

"Hackett, his mentor at the University of Pittsburgh and with the Kansas City Chiefs, is the Tampa Bay Buccaneers’ quarterbacks coach. He has a close relationship with Bucs coach Jon Gruden, so he might not be willing to leave the Bucs.

Jagodzinski, a Wisconsin native and the Packers’ tight ends coach from 1999 to 2003, is Atlanta’s offensive line coach and would bring a zone-blocking scheme based on what the Denver Broncos use in their version of the West Coast system. Jagodzinski has learned that blocking scheme over the last two seasons from former Broncos assistant Alex Gibbs, who joined the Falcons in 2004. The Broncos hired Gibbs as offensive line coach in 1995 when they adjusted their offense to become more run-oriented and have aging quarterback John Elway throw mostly on short dropbacks."

From PackersNews.com

7. P@ck66

P@ck66 Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +0
    Oh Sweet Jesus...

Not Hackett...He's almost as conservative as SherRossley....

(Remember the Jets a few years ago with Chad Pennington...!)

But then again...Favre is better than Pennington and can make the throws that Pennington can't...and at least they'd be running a TRUE West Coast offense again....and not that pathetic, bastardized thing that Sherman and Rossley were running...

"The Run and Shoot your foot off..", and then punt offense...Now that was truly "offensive"!

8. TOPackerFan

TOPackerFan Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Yeah but can Rodgers make those throws? Remember that there's no guarantee that Brett'll be back.

9. DePack

DePack Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1
    You can't help yourself Pack66, can you?

In the words of Pluto "It ain't over til we say it's over"....well.....IT'S OVER!

10. P@ck66

P@ck66 Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +0
    DePack..

What do you mean..can't help myself?

What's over....?

11. TOPackerFan

TOPackerFan Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    The SheRossley era.

12. P@ck66

P@ck66 Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +0
    Aaahh yesss....

Good times....Good times...!

13. net

net Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +86
    Don't bet on it yet.

14. subin

subin Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Paul Hackett is worse than Rossley. When he was with the Jets, that's what everyone bitched about, no one was sad to see him go.

15. DePack

DePack Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1
    Don't bet on what?

Are you saying you think Rossley is staying?

16. skibum55

skibum55 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +7
    "Was it over when the Germans invaded Pearl Harbor!!" :shock: :shock:

17. Zero2Cool

Zero2Cool I own a website

Ratings:
    +8
    funneh lookin germans there :)

18. bavpb

bavpb Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    The Germans in Pearl Harbour? [​IMG][​IMG]

I allways thought it were the Kamikazes from Japan! Please do your history lessons. We are really responsible and guilty for many bad things that happend in that times, but we did not commit every crime from 1900 to 1945.
    [​IMG]

19. Philtration

Philtration Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +9
    I pretty much thought that everyone had seen "Animal House" by now. :roll:

20. bavpb

bavpb Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Sorry, my fault! Searched the www! I really haven't heard respectively seen anything of that movie. I like John Belushi's movies esp. "Blues Brothers" and "1941" and have to check for a DVD of "Animal House", sounds funny.
    Sorry again. Dumb Germerman :oops:

[​IMG]

21. cheesey

cheesey Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +3
    Oh.....and it's NOT "PLUTO".......he was "BLUTO!"LOLOL!!!

Next we will see........
    NEWS FLASH!!! The Japanese have just bombed PEARL BAILEY!!!LOLOLOL!!! :lol:

22. digsthepack

digsthepack Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    "Fat, drunk and a Viqueens fan is not way to go through life, son!"

23. DePack

DePack Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1
    As in Blutarski!