Confirmation - by Mike Vandermause

MajicMan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Right on. :)

Basically a quick run through of the reasons to keep our head up...

All could easily be true. The Vikes hype screams of "monkey hear...monkey say." hehe.

I can't complain about the way TT is going about things...Hopefully his system will help us to avoid the "doom-and-gloom" type run that teams like the Bears and Niners have found themselves in. This season is just going to be a little "thin."

I only wish that we found a way to address the pass rush situation at the opposite side of KGB...This secondary, with some pass rush wouldn't be half bad...It's just a lot to ask a young secondary when QBs stand there while Pack rushers are slowly fighting through blocks.

That one player would really help.

The offense...Well, I'm looking forward to watching them "take care of business," all year long. They know...we're going to have to score.

Greg C.

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Vandermause makes valid points. And I agree that the Packers are not going to collapse. But I do think they will struggle, and it will be hard for them to play above .500. Vandermause does not mention improvements at any position. That's because there aren't any, at least not right now. We will have to hope that some of these younger guys improve significantly as the season goes on. Maybe they will. But most of them are probably still a season or two away from becoming really good players.

OP
OP
I

IPBprez

Cheesehead
Reaction score
MajicMan said:
I only wish that we found a way to address the pass rush situation at the opposite side of KGB...This secondary, with some pass rush wouldn't be half bad...It's just a lot to ask a young secondary when QBs stand there while Pack rushers are slowly fighting through blocks.

That one player would really help..
Is this new guy from the Rams -- "that guy"....? Or not? Opinions!

kuston

Cheesehead
Reaction score
hmmm, I would suggest we got better at 5 positions: and hopefull better at punter
Williams at DT is better then Hunt
Flanigan is better then Rug.
Collins is better then an injuried Sharper
Roman is better by a real defense coach
anyone is better then Carrol last year, even Carrol himself.

Kampman, Davenport, Green, & Walker are all playing for a new contract.

PackerTraxx

Cheesehead
Reaction score
SlickVision said:
We got better at QB too :)

Isn't it ironic that our best player, one of the best player in the history of football, is one of the players that looks to be better.

net

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Early on, the defense is going to be porous. The offense is going to have to score points to keep the Packers in games. They are fully capable of doing that, but I am concerned about the guards.

Regardless, my prediction is by the end of the year, the defense is going to be rock solid. That, in turn, will help the Packers as I don't think the offense will be as good as last year.

I still think 8-8 and out of the playoffs, but fans will be encouraged by the uptick toward the end of the year.

I think a loss this week to the Lions in the 21-17 range.

TOPackerFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I originally thought we'd lose to the Lions in a close one, but, after seeing them vs. the Rams, I now think we win a close one. I'm saying 24-21 on a last second Longwell FG.

Cheesehog

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It'l come down to the blocking and protection of the o-line. Green and Davenport may be in contract years, but they still need holes opened up for them. Yes, We still have #4 and one of the best wr tandems in the league, but again, the QB needs time to set up and get the ball to them. The defence appears to be about the same talent wise as last year, but I can see them gelling and maturing as the season wears on becoming better than last season. Which brings us back to the o-line. We must have long, substained drives, (Not 50 yard "bombs" to Walker) to score. I guess we'll see. GO PACK GO
CHEESEHOG

Pack93z

You retired too? .... Not me. I'm in my prime
Reaction score
IMO - The biggest fear we should have is the middle of our D-Line getting blown off the ball, letting them run wild and keeping our O off the field. If I am the Lions, I run the ball until it is stopped.

This is where we failed, not getting a leader on the D-line or a body that cannot be moved out. Grady is that guy, but for about 20 snaps a game with attitude and all.

Cheesehog

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Jones ran on us big time last year but somehow the Pack managed to win that game. Harington's recievers were dropping passes all day though. I don't see that lightning striking twice. Let's just hope the Pack can put up over 13 points.

PackerTraxx

Cheesehead
Reaction score
We need to run a good West Coast Offense to control the ball and do the best we can on D.If we can get a lead, keep control, keep scoring(not sit on a lead) and make them more one dminsional, putting the game on Harrington, that would be huge.IMO

Members online

Latest posts