Comp Picks

Arrigo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The Packers received four comp picks today.

4 comp picks are the most any team can receive. The 7th rounders are for Jackson/Hall/Spitz while the 4th rounders are for Jenkins and Colledge.

OP
OP
Arrigo

Arrigo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
4 comp picks are the most any team can receive. The 7th rounders are for Jackson/Spitz while the 4th rounders are for Jenkins and Colledge.

okcpackerfan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I see Ted Thompson moving up in the first round using some of those picks in his package

DoddPower

Nick Perry is watching you, NFL QB's!
Reaction score
I see Ted Thompson moving up in the first round using some of those picks in his package

Of course he can't trade the comp. picks, but I wouldn't be shocked to see him use his original picks to move up to grab someone like Upshaw or Cox. Especially in light of the recent free agent signings to take some pressure off of finding several starters through the draft.

OP
OP
Arrigo

Arrigo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
okc, you can't trade comp picks. While I agree that he could (and wants to) move up, he'd have to use the non-comp picks to do so.

okcpackerfan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Of course he can't trade the comp. picks, but I wouldn't be shocked to see him use his original picks to move up to grab someone like Upshaw or Cox. Especially in light of the recent free agent signings to take some pressure off of finding several starters through the draft.

I did not know that, thanks for learn'n me sumethin. Yea I would really like to see us trade up to get Cox or Upshaw. We can always find value later but I think a defensive lineman or OLB early in the first round and a safety and corner later would be things we need to address first.

I really want Markelle Martin to replace Collins (if he can't play anymore)

realcaliforniacheese

A-Rods Boss
Reaction score
So Ted is loaded for bear in the middle and late rounds. While he can't trade the Comp's it frees up his 4th rounder. I can't help but feel that with the FA DT ( Lets assume we get Hargrove) and the 2nd year guys coming up that he has loaded up on run stuffers, he took care of the center issue so he can address that in later rounds and now he is free to pull the trigger and move up to grab an immediate impact player at OLB.

So says my magic 8 ball (which you young guys probably know nothing about).

kmeyer10

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Haven't heard much talk about Vin Curry lately. I know early on he was projected to go to GB. Did he bomb at the combine?

13 Times Champs

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The compensatory picks are at the end of the 4th so they are essentially 5th rounders. Still we've got some players in the 5 th round.

OP
OP
Arrigo

Arrigo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I was told a couple weeks ago that Vinnie Curry has some "red flags". I also was told they should be out in a few weeks (maybe this week), but there are "concerns" about him.

More to come.....

weebles

Cheesehead
Reaction score
He ran a 4.98 40 at the combine which is a major red flag. Especially when you have guys Raji's size running that or even faster (Poe).

OP
OP
Arrigo

Arrigo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It's an off field/attitude/aptitude red flag, not physical or skill set.

I'll break it when I get the OK by the proper people.

Southpaw

Endorphin Junkie
Reaction score
Curry reminds me a lot of Tamba Hali. He's great at strip sacks and forcing fumbles and has a good motor. He looked great at the Senior Bowl.

FrankRizzo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Round 3

Oakland Raiders (95th overall)

Round 4

Minnesota Vikings (128th overall)
Oakland Raiders (129th overall)
Baltimore Ravens (130th overall)
New York Giants (131st overall)
Green Bay Packers (132nd overall)
Green Bay Packers (133rd overall)
Minnesota Vikings (134th overall)

Round 5

Oakland Raiders (168th overall)
Baltimore Ravens (169th overall)
Indianapolis Colts (170th overall)

Round 6

New York Jets (202nd overall)
New York Jets (203rd overall)
Cleveland Browns (204th overall)
Cleveland Browns (205th overall)
Indianapolis Colts (206th overall)
Carolina Panthers (207th overall)

Round 7

Pittsburgh Steelers (240th overall)
Green Bay Packers (241st overall)
New York Jets (242nd overall)
Green Bay Packers (243rd overall)
New York Jets (244th overall)
Cleveland Browns (245th overall)
Pittsburgh Steelers (246th overall)
Cleveland Browns (247th overall)
Pittsburgh Steelers (248th overall)
Atlanta Falcons (249th overall)
San Diego Chargers (250th overall)
Buffalo Bills (251st overall)
St. Louis Rams (252nd overall)
Indianapolis Colts (253rd overall)

Vltrophy

Full On Cheesehead
Reaction score
So looking forward to the draft! Going to Buffalo Wild Wings after work to watch the drfat w/some co-workers. Football,beer,food & beer then more of the draft Fri-Sat. Life is good!

Poppa San

* Team Owner *
Staff member
Reaction score
Round 3

Oakland Raiders (95th overall)

Round 4

Minnesota Vikings (128th overall)
Oakland Raiders (129th overall)
Baltimore Ravens (130th overall)
New York Giants (131st overall)
Green Bay Packers (132nd overall)
Green Bay Packers (133rd overall)
Minnesota Vikings (134th overall)

Round 5

Oakland Raiders (168th overall)
Baltimore Ravens (169th overall)
Indianapolis Colts (170th overall)

Round 6

New York Jets (202nd overall)
New York Jets (203rd overall)
Cleveland Browns (204th overall)
Cleveland Browns (205th overall)
Indianapolis Colts (206th overall)
Carolina Panthers (207th overall)

Round 7

Pittsburgh Steelers (240th overall)
Green Bay Packers (241st overall)
New York Jets (242nd overall)
Green Bay Packers (243rd overall)
New York Jets (244th overall)
Cleveland Browns (245th overall)
Pittsburgh Steelers (246th overall)
Cleveland Browns (247th overall)
Pittsburgh Steelers (248th overall)
Atlanta Falcons (249th overall)
San Diego Chargers (250th overall)
Buffalo Bills (251st overall)
St. Louis Rams (252nd overall)
Indianapolis Colts (253rd overall)
So the Colts get the first and the last picks? Even with all the picks in between, they'd have trouble having a winning season.

FrankRizzo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Packers trade 5th round pick to Buffalo for CB Leodis McKelvin
McKelvin was the 11th pick in the 2008 draft, so he's a holdover from an old Bills regime. And McKelvin hasn't played remotely well enough to earn a spot in GM Buddy Nix and coach Chan Gailey's long-term plans. McKelvin is entering the final year on his rookie deal. He's not getting an extension and won't be a 2012 starter, so it makes the most sense for Buffalo to move him now.
McKelvin still has talent and youth (26) on his side.
McKelvin adds the dreadlocks to follow Al Harris and Tramon Williams' footsteps, and he blossoms as Charles Woodson has since he left Oakland for Green Bay 6 years ago.
http://rotoworld.com/articles/nfl/40184/59/ten-pre-draft-trade-candidates?pg=2

Draft Picks:
#28 Devon Still, DE, Penn State
#59 Bruce Irvin, OLB, West Virginia
#90 Cam Johnson, OLB, Virginia
#123 Justin Bethel, FS - Presbyterian
#128 (c) Ace Jackson, CB - Cal Poly
#129 (c) Terrance Ganaway, RB - Baylor
#160 Garth Gerhart, C - Arizona State
#202 Chandler Harnish, QB - Northern Illinois
#238 Trade to Washington for their 2013 6th rd pick
#247 (c) Scott Wedige, C - Northern Illinois
#248 (c) Dustin Waldron, OT - Portland State

• Why both Irvin and Johnson at OLB?
    Why did we draft Brohm in 2008 with Rodgers just getting started, then also select another QB in Flynn?
    All about the grade and value.

Irvin (West Virginia) and Cam (Virginia) have a nice little rivalry there and will push each other hard to win the starting job.
    So'oto, Zombo, and Brad Jones are forced to raise their games to stay employed.

In the end, Bruuuuuuce wins the job and becomes a fan-favorite opposite Kuuuuuuhn, and he registers 8 1/2 sacks as a rookie, along with an even 12 from Clay, and they edge out Harrison (13) and Woodley (7) for the best OLB duo in the NFL in 2012. Irvin shows glimpes of becoming a future star, a la Brooks Reed from last year out of Arizona.
    Which center will emerge as a viable future starter, Gerhart or Wedige?
    Well 2 eggs in a basket are better odds than just one.

I love Ganaway and feel Starks-Ganaway-Alex Green is a nice trio, or if Alex won't be ready for awhile, bring back Grant for one more year.

I think with the added pass rush via the DE and OLB that the Packers CBs will look better regardless of upgrades of not.
    But adding an experienced, but young, McKelvin helps, and Davon House should be ready to help too. No more waiting for stiffs like Pat Lee and Brandon Underwood.

Jarrett Bush moves primarily over to safety but they like his versatility to help out in a pinch at CB or S.
    I will predict, sadly, that Collins is not back. :cry:

Bethel surprises folks and is more ready than people expect, and even though we all urge TT on to sign a legit safety in FA, Teddy lets Peprah, Levine, MD Jennings, and the rook battle it out to start opposite Burnett.
    Really wanted to steal Ryan Broyles as we could basically afford to easily redshirt him, with our depth. But someone else thinks the same thing and grabs him way earlier than expected.

No draft, or mock, is ever perfect.
Sorry for no photos. Someone who wants them, feel free to add them.

HyponGrey

Caseus Locutus Est
Reaction score
Packers trade 5th round pick to Buffalo for CB Leodis McKelvin

http://rotoworld.com/articles/nfl/40184/59/ten-pre-draft-trade-candidates?pg=2

Draft Picks:
#28 Devon Still, DE, Penn State
#59 Bruce Irvin, OLB, West Virginia
#90 Cam Johnson, OLB, Virginia
#123 Justin Bethel, FS - Presbyterian
#128 (c) Ace Jackson, CB - Cal Poly
#129 (c) Terrance Ganaway, RB - Baylor
#160 Garth Gerhart, C - Arizona State
#202 Chandler Harnish, QB - Northern Illinois
#238 Trade to Washington for their 2013 6th rd pick
#247 (c) Scott Wedige, C - Northern Illinois
#248 (c) Dustin Waldron, OT - Portland State
  • Why both Irvin and Johnson at OLB?
    Why did we draft Brohm in 2008 with Rodgers just getting started, then also select another QB in Flynn?
    All about the grade and value.

Irvin (West Virginia) and Cam (Virginia) have a nice little rivalry there and will push each other hard to win the starting job.
    So'oto, Zombo, and Brad Jones are forced to raise their games to stay employed.

In the end, Bruuuuuuce wins the job and becomes a fan-favorite opposite Kuuuuuuhn, and he registers 8 1/2 sacks as a rookie, along with an even 12 from Clay, and they edge out Harrison (13) and Woodley (7) for the best OLB duo in the NFL in 2012. Irvin shows glimpes of becoming a future star, a la Brooks Reed from last year out of Arizona.
    Which center will emerge as a viable future starter, Gerhart or Wedige?
    Well 2 eggs in a basket are better odds than just one.

I love Ganaway and feel Starks-Ganaway-Alex Green is a nice trio, or if Alex won't be ready for awhile, bring back Grant for one more year.

I think with the added pass rush via the DE and OLB that the Packers CBs will look better regardless of upgrades of not.
    But adding an experienced, but young, McKelvin helps, and Davon House should be ready to help too. No more waiting for stiffs like Pat Lee and Brandon Underwood.

Jarrett Bush moves primarily over to safety but they like his versatility to help out in a pinch at CB or S.
    I will predict, sadly, that Collins is not back. :cry:

Bethel surprises folks and is more ready than people expect, and even though we all urge TT on to sign a legit safety in FA, Teddy lets Peprah, Levine, MD Jennings, and the rook battle it out to start opposite Burnett.
    Really wanted to steal Ryan Broyles as we could basically afford to easily redshirt him, with our depth. But someone else thinks the same thing and grabs him way earlier than expected.
No draft, or mock, is ever perfect.
Sorry for no photos. Someone who wants them, feel free to add them.

Gotta ask your opinion on Saine. Still isn't expected to still be around by our pick, though we'd love to have him. LOVE the ideas of Bethel and Harnish. Don't expect Collins back either sadly but I hope we don't move Burnett over. PEPRAH IS A BACK UP WITH ONE YEAR LEFT ON HIS CONTRACT. I would not shed a tear if he does not get renewed after this year, especially since he got dusted all season.

DevilDon

Inclement Weather Fan
Reaction score
I know it's not glorious but I still love those extra 7th rounders. These are guys that TT might grab as UDFA and we get first look at them over other teams and can still grab a few UDFA and maybe find a Sam Shields in there.

FrankRizzo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Gotta ask your opinion on Saine. Still isn't expected to still be around by our pick, though we'd love to have him.
I like Brandon Saine a lot actually.
I think he could be a good productive guy in the mold of Jamal Lewis actually. Saine was HIGHLY recruited to Ohio State because he's a talented guy.
He's low to the ground, short and strong, and quick.

As for Still being there still at 28, I agree it's unlikely, but I saw this: http://www.footballsfuture.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=485568

Members online

Latest posts