Coming from Winnipeg Manitoba Canada

ryanbodman

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Hey, I am coming down for the Viking game in October. I was there for my first time last November for the Cowboy's game.
We tailgated in the parking lot of the Beth Haven Baptist Church. It was awesome there. Very close to the stadium, indoor washrooms, good crowd.
This year, I am bring my dad, and a couple of friends down to the game. It will be my second time, and their first times.
Is there anywhere else you guys can suggest to tailgate? I dont really want to do one of the commercial parties. I would rather cook my own food, and throw a football around.
We are staying at the Super 8 on Oneida. Any suggestions for things to do?
We leave friday at 6am, and should be in Green Bay around 6pm.
Saturday morning we are doing the Lambeau tour and Hall of Fame.
What should we do saturday night?
Thanks guys. I can't wait to come back to my new second home!

:viksux::chisux::detsux:

PWT

Full On Cheesehead
Reaction score
Hey, I am coming down for the Viking game in October. I was there for my first time last November for the Cowboy's game.
We tailgated in the parking lot of the Beth Haven Baptist Church. It was awesome there. Very close to the stadium, indoor washrooms, good crowd.
This year, I am bring my dad, and a couple of friends down to the game. It will be my second time, and their first times.
Is there anywhere else you guys can suggest to tailgate? I dont really want to do one of the commercial parties. I would rather cook my own food, and throw a football around.
We are staying at the Super 8 on Oneida. Any suggestions for things to do?
We leave friday at 6am, and should be in Green Bay around 6pm.
Saturday morning we are doing the Lambeau tour and Hall of Fame.
What should we do saturday night?
Thanks guys. I can't wait to come back to my new second home!

:viksux::chisux::detsux:

Ryan- I will be glad to give you Any information you will need while you are here in Green Bay. I have lived in Green Bay area all my life.

Your question."Is there anywhere else you guys can suggest to tailgate?"

I would suggest a location just east of Lambeau Field. It is located in back of Saranac Glove Company at 909 Lombardi Av. It is very short walk Field to Lambeau Field and Parking lot cost was ,I think, $15 last year.
If you know the location of Brett Favre's Steakhouse. The parking lot is just east of the back of Streakhouse building and their back parking lot. There is a vacant grass y field between Brett Favre Steakhouse and Saranac Glove Company parking lot.

If you would google to mapquest.com and put the location - Champion's Sports bar and Grill -1007 Tony Canadeo Run - Green Bay,Wi 54304. You can print up a map of the location. Champions Sports Bar is right across the street from the entrance to the Saranac GLove Company parking lot

Your question:" Any suggestions for things to do? "

I think, if you would either call or email Greater Green BAy Convention & Visitor Bureau and request " Greater Green Bay 2010 official Visitor Guide" .It will give you all the points of interest in the Green Bay area and the lakeshore (lake Michigan.) Address is Greater Green Bay Convention and Visitor Bureau - 1901 S. Oneida Street -. PO Box 10596 -Green Bay,Wi. 54307-0596--Phone toll free 1-888-867-3342--or their website at www.greenbay.com. I think, they will give you any information about Green Bay that you may need.

your question -"What should we do saturday night? "
I suggest make the rounds of the Sports Bar and Grills near Lambeau Field. Stadium View Sports Bar and Grill -1963 Holmgren Way- The Bar Holmgren Way- (sports bar and Grill) -2001 Holmgren Way- Anduzzi's Sports Club (Bar and Grill) 1992 Holmgren Way. All three are located right near each other on Holmgren Way.

There is also Tom, **** and Harry's ( serves food, Beverages and live entertainment)- 835 Potts Ave is street that runs along the south side of the Don Hutson Indoor Practice Facility and Potts Av. intersets S. Oneida Street. I would suggest gou go there. It serves good drinks and good food and has good live entertainment on Packer home game weekends.

I would also suggest going to
Fuzzy's Sports Bar and Grill -2511 W. Mason St-Green Bay-Right off the Highway 41- W. Mason Street Exit and turn left on W Mason Street. It located on W Mason Business Access street on South side of W Mason St. The owner is former great Packer Guard "Fuzzy" Thurston, who Played on "glory year Packer team of the 1960's. Fuzzy's has live entertainment. Fuzzy's is usually jammed with Packer fan on Packer home game weekend nights.

I will keep "eye" on your topic and post an answer to any of other questions may have concerning your weekend in Green Bay

OP
OP
ryanbodman

ryanbodman

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Thanks for all your suggestions. That helps a lot.
Like I said, I was at the Cowboys game last year. I flew in Friday night, and we went to Anduzzi's.
Saturday night, we did Fuzzy Thurston's (who was in the building signing autographs).
After the game Sunday afternoon, we went to Stadium View.
I can't wait to get down there again. Seriously, all day at work, I'm reading up tailgate ideas, and things to do.
I'm pretty sure we will tailgate at that church on South Ridge Road. It was awesome there, and the stadium is right there.
Oh, and the visiting buses pull in down the backlane there. We chased down the Cowboy's last year and watched them get off the bus. Good times!

Staff online

Members online