CJ Wilson, MUST DRAFT!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheGiftedApe

TheGiftedApe
Reaction score
If TT misses this guy, he has blown the 2010 draft in my opinion. Our number 1 need is pass rush, 2nd need is O-Line, 3rd is defensive secondary, in my opinion.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xmVEH90WQqQ&feature=related"]YouTube - C.J wilson highlights[/ame]

"2010 NFL Draft Prospect Scouting Report:
personC.J. Wilson, DE, East Carolina

Much like East Carolina, who are having a great season in the C-USA, defensive end C.J. Wilson is flying under the national radar. It is not like Wilson has come out of nowhere this season. As a true freshman in 2006 he started seven games and totaled 4.0 sacks and 6.0 tackles for loss. That led to C-USA All-Freshman Team accolades. The production continued in 2007 and Wilson even added a couple of blocked kicks to his growing resume. By 2008 Wilson was the anchor of a dominating front line. The front seven tallied 31 sacks, 91 tackles for loss and the team ranked seventh in the nation by forcing 33 turnovers. Through 11 games of the 2009 campaign, Wilson has not slowed down. He leads the squad with 5.5 sacks and has added 9.5 tackles for loss and eight quarterback hurries. Wilson has also emerged as more than just a pass rusher and ranks fifth on the Pirates with 50 tackles.
Right now Wilson is probably a second or third round selection, but his stock could quickly rise once NFL scouts get a good look at him during senior week and at the NFL Combine. He has the size and the speed to be a very good player in the NFL and could very easily move up draft boards in a hurry between now and April."

He's listed between 6''3' 280 and 6''4' 290, an almost prototypical size for the 3-4 DE position. GB needs some pass rushers that can come off the line, not just another OLB we have a need for another DE to match with Jenkins. Jolly, raji, pickett, are all DT's not DE's. Having another DE would free up matthews or Jones to be more dynamic in their rushes. This is the biggest pass rusher out there who could put on bulk and really play the DE position and not have to go out to OLB.
'

This guy ran a 4.7 40 time, with 32 bench reps.......at 6-4 290

PackersRS

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I like him A LOT also. Could be the inside rusher we need so badly. Gladly have him with a 3rd, though I think a 4th for him would be very adequate...

NYPacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I've heard a lot of good things about this kid. At 290 lbs his speed is incredible. He looks like a Demarcus-Ware-type finesse pass rusher. But if his size is as it indicates I would love to put him as a DE.

OP
OP
TheGiftedApe

TheGiftedApe

TheGiftedApe
Reaction score
I've been watching him on film and he is just so fast, He took six steps to cover about 12 yards and sack the quaterback in a 3 step drop its amazing. But he also shows the physical ability to shut down run plays. I would take him with a 2nd round and feel like it was a steal.

supermancc0386

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I really like this guy. He's got some great speed and size, but where do you play him? I feel like it'd be a waste to put him at DE in a 3-4, but it may be unrealistic to get him to drop enough weight for OLB. I think I'd go for the latter and try to get him to 270ish even. A little lighter and he might be even faster.

Jess

Movement!
Reaction score
Physical ability isn't the sole reason to draft someone. How'd Jarron Gilbert work out for Chicago last year?

Every year someone puts up ridiculous measurables and the interwebs goes gaga.

3-4 ends don't really pass rush, either, do they? Pass rush comes from the backers.

PackersRS

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Physical ability isn't the sole reason to draft someone. How'd Jarron Gilbert work out for Chicago last year?

Every year someone puts up ridiculous measurables and the interwebs goes gaga.

3-4 ends don't really pass rush, either, do they? Pass rush comes from the backers.
1) Gilbert wasn't physically gifted. He just could jump out of a pool. He wasn't fast, he wasn't strong.

2) Darnell Dockett. Richard Seymour. Aaron Smith. Haloti Ngata. All 3-4 DEs that can rush the passer fairly well. Pass rush, nowadays, comes from everywhere. We NEED someone that can disrupt the pocket. It's the #1 necessity of this team. But I think Raji and Jenkins will provide it...

3irty1

Fear the Dreads!
Reaction score
If we take him with a second i'd be content, 3rd i'd consider a steal, 1st i'd say is a waste. Kid looks good, and as mentioned before, the passrush needs to be applied from everywhere. I would NOT want him as an OLB though, just because they also need to drop into coverage and i dont want him to turn out like Kampy

supermancc0386

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I like him, I just think there may be a guy who is a better fit for our system and situation. Who's playing time do you cut if you grab this guy? Jenkins and Jolly both stepped up tremendously last year as 3-4 ends. They all worked well to stop the rush. If we got a little more rush from the other OLB and get Raji in on passing downs, I don't think the need for a DE is high enough if there is a comparable tackle, corner, safety, or outside linebacker available. Although adding someone a bit later would be nice. Picking this guy up in the 3rd or later would be a good deal.

PackersRS

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I like him, I just think there may be a guy who is a better fit for our system and situation. Who's playing time do you cut if you grab this guy? Jenkins and Jolly both stepped up tremendously last year as 3-4 ends. They all worked well to stop the rush. If we got a little more rush from the other OLB and get Raji in on passing downs, I don't think the need for a DE is high enough if there is a comparable tackle, corner, safety, or outside linebacker available. Although adding someone a bit later would be nice. Picking this guy up in the 3rd or later would be a good deal.
Jolly could be suspended big time, and generated little-to-no pass rush. That's why he batted so many passes, he was always blocked, so all he could do was put his arms up.

Also, Jenkins is a FA next year, and could very well take the same route as Kampman and want to play for a 4-3 team.

Plus, we need depth. Last year, first Raji went down, then Pickett. As we couldn't rotate, Jenkins got extremely tired by the Steelers game, and couldn't produce anymore... We need solid rotation...

I agree that with Jolly, Jenkins, Raji, Pickett and Harrell and/or Wynn, we're better than at OT, CB, S and OLB. But there's a lot of possibilities that leaves us with just 3 DLs for the year, and that's scary.

MelrosE

Cheesehead
Reaction score
This guy would be an absolute great pickup if we got him in the 3rd. Don't know if I'd use a 2nd on him. But if either he or Tyson Alualu are available in the 3rd, I wouldn't hesitate to take either. Like mentioned earlier; these 2 guys would fit our DE needs very well.

DergaSmash

Cheesehead
Reaction score
He is good. Really good. I still don't understand all this talk about drafting an OT. Gaither is available from the Ravens and the dude has established himself as a great LT. Pick him up and use the the picks on our defensive needs and maybe a RB.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts