Chris Johnson Injured.... again.

Reaction score
Man talk about bad luck. I think this kid could've been a good pro, but it seems like injuries will shorten his career. Here's the article:

"In other news, Sherman reported that cornerback Chris Johnson failed his physical due to a stress fracture in his foot. Johnson was drafted in 2003 but never played a down due to injuries. Sherman said Johnson would likely be placed on the physically unable to perform list."

http://www.packersnews.com/archives/new ... 8217.shtml

Obi1

Cheesehead
Reaction score
What Career?

It seems that his potential is overshadowed by his propensity to injure himself.

ArizonaPackerFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I feel bad for the guy, because it sounded like he had a lot of physical ability. But I think it's time to cut the cord. It's possible he could make a comeback like Flanagan did early in his career after the injuries he had, but Johnson just seems too fragile to me. I just can't see him holding up if he ever had to go out on the field and actually had to mix it up with some of the more physical receivers in the league.

packedhouse01

Cheesehead
Reaction score
He was a long shot when got drafted. He was a lot like Collins where he had all the physical tools, but didn't yet have the "know-how". His injuries have just taken him out of the mix because he hasn't been able to get on the field to show what he can do or if he can learn the game. It's no loss because he never made it to start with. It would have been interesting to see what he might have become though.

Bobby Roberts

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I hope we're not looking at a similar situation with Hawkins this year. He's another CB with a ton of ability and potential, but is already starting out with injury problems.

IPBprez

Cheesehead
Reaction score
This injury thing is more like his own fault - pending they should KNOW what type of heavy hitting and heavy physical approach would be needed at this level - a Player MUST get on the Met-RX bandwagon and make sure he has the proper support diet - once injured, they need to get healed and get healed properly "before" attempting anything....

Personally, I think he's been pulling some stuff away from the Team (at home or whatever) and it's come back to haunt him... He's pretty much toast - I've never seen the Packers keep a guy any longer than a third pre-season - by the time the 53 man roster is filled, he's history... I hope he got his College Degree!

calicheesehead

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Unfortunately it was his healing foot, not a new injury. He had promise. Can he come off the PUP list once cleared?

Bobby Roberts

Cheesehead
Reaction score
calicheesehead said:
Unfortunately it was his healing foot, not a new injury. He had promise. Can he come off the PUP list once cleared?

If I recall correctly, if he's on the IR list when season starts, then he can come off after 4 weeks. GB would then have the opportunity to see if he's healed before putting him on the 53 man roster (cutting someone else). At that time, GB can choose to put him onto the PUP list and he's done for the season.

PackerTraxx

Cheesehead
Reaction score
What a shame. He looked like he had some tremendeous potential from the short time he played. I really liked his aggressiveness and that wonderful speed. Most of his injuries were non contact, if I recall correctly. Too bad he could not stay healthy, we could really use him.

Raider Pride

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Obi1 said:
What Career?

It seems that his potential is overshadowed by his propensity to injure himself.

"What Career?"

He has a career. He has had a spectacular career. He has achieved more and gone farther than 99.99% of kids who put on the pads, stood at the line, and played the game. That includes you, me, and every one of us who admires anyone who reaches the N.F.L.

"Career." Webster defines it as.... "A chosen pursuit; a profession or occupation."

I say he has had a hell of a career. I admire him. I wish him well.

"What Career?"...... He has the Career of an over achiever, who went farther than 99.99% of people who chose the same career.

And that sir, is not a damn bad thing.

Let us all hope his "Chosen pursuit." can continue after he heals.

RP

OP
OP
A
Reaction score
Thanks chick! I knew this is where the old GBNC forum members met up, but been so busy. But now I'm ready to talk Packer football. I was really intrigued by Johnson as a KR or PR. 4.18 in 40 yard dash is no joke, and I thought he might be able to give us a leg up in that area. Hopefully with new info coming out that he should be ready to go by friday, I look forward to seeing what he can do. You can't teach speed, and boy does he have loads of it.

Obi1

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Raider Pride said:
Obi1 said:
What Career?

"What Career?"

He has a career. He has had a spectacular career. He has achieved more and gone farther than 99.99% of kids who put on the pads, stood at the line, and played the game. That includes you, me, and every one of us who admires anyone who reaches the N.F.L.

"Career." Webster defines it as.... "A chosen pursuit; a profession or occupation."
I say he has had a hell of a career. I admire him. I wish him well.

"What Career?"...... He has the Career of an over achiever, who went farther than 99.99% of people who chose the same career.

And that sir, is not a damn bad thing.

Let us all hope his "Chosen pursuit." can continue after he heals.

RP

I agree Raider Pride. Lets hope his talents are NOT diminished by his injuries, IF he makes it back from them.

Let's hope. MOST of the Packer fans haven't had a chance to see what kind of "career" he is capable of.

Steel Wheels

Cheesehead
Reaction score
arrowgargantuan said:
Steel Wheels said:
Chris Johnson has the Robert Ferguson complex.

Packers should dump both of them.

yes! with the uncertainty of Walker's future, now is the perfect time to dump Robert Ferguson.

:crazy:

Ferguson has had 22, 38 and 24 catches over the last 3 seasons, wow that would be a great loss.

Don't give me any BS that Ferguson was hurt because that is a major reason he should be dumped.

Sherman gave this injury prone project a 5 year deal. :crazy:

Terry Glenn had injuries while in Green Bay but he contributed 56 catches and 30 plus of Glenn's catches 56 catches were for 1st downs.

Sherman should have sent Ferguson to Dallas.

OP
OP
A
Reaction score
Steel Wheels. Ferggie plays on ST most of the time, and gets nicked up there. He has vast potential and a toughness that will allow him to succed in football. You have to look and see how he changed from his rookie season to his first season, the atitude development and all, and you will see that Ferggie is a keeper.

arrowgargantuan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Steel Wheels said:
Ferguson has had 22, 38 and 24 catches over the last 3 seasons, wow that would be a great loss.

Don't give me any BS that Ferguson was hurt because that is a major reason he should be dumped.

Sherman gave this injury prone project a 5 year deal. :crazy:

Terry Glenn had injuries while in Green Bay but he contributed 56 catches and 30 plus of Glenn's catches 56 catches were for 1st downs.

Sherman should have sent Ferguson to Dallas.

read closely.

i posted this before Walker decided to stroll into camp...anybody who wants to get rid of their 3rd receiver/special teamer while the fate of their go-to-guy is still undetermined is making bonehead decision. that is that.

assuming Walker stood firm in his holdout, then we bounce out Ferguson...here is the list of receivers that have the offense mastered.

Driver.

damn...thats a short list.

this isn't debatable. if you seriously thought we should get rid of Ferguson in the midst of this Walker fiasco then you had an ignorant thought.

Steel Wheels

Cheesehead
Reaction score
arrowgargantuan said:
this isn't debatable. if you seriously thought we should get rid of Ferguson in the midst of this Walker fiasco then you had an ignorant thought.

arrow you missed the point again as usual.

Get this through your thick skull, Robert Ferguson is an injury prone project who will never make or break a Packer season.

With or without Javon Walker, who BTW still has more to prove with only 1 quality season, the Packers do not need Ferguson.

Even receivers like Andrae Thurman or Antonio Chatman could catch 20 plus if given the opportunity that Ferguson has had in Green Bay.

Ferguson is a bust plain and simple.

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
Steel Wheels said:
arrowgargantuan said:

Get this through your thick skull, Robert Ferguson is an injury prone project who will never make or break a Packer season.

With or without Javon Walker, who BTW still has more to prove with only 1 quality season, the Packers do not need Ferguson.

Even receivers like Andrae Thurman or Antonio Chatman could catch 20 plus if given the opportunity that Ferguson has had in Green Bay.

You obviously didn't watch the Vikings playoff game at Lambeau. Fergie is a helluva team player and plays through his injuries better than most players. Has he lived up to his expectations or anyones of being a 2nd pick? Not likely, has he disappointed, well yes only those who were expecting Jerry Rice out of him. He's a decent over the middle WR and a capable kick returner.

He is needed, atleast until Murphy proves to be more value.

arrowgargantuan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Steel Wheels said:

you would've rather had Chatman be our second receiver? Jesus. Chatman cannot run with NFL DB's...he gets bossed. kinda like what he did to Arena League DB's. Thurman? you're grabbin at straws here guy.

arrow said:
read closely.

i posted this before Walker decided to stroll into camp...anybody who wants to get rid of their 3rd receiver/special teamer while the fate of their go-to-guy is still undetermined is making bonehead decision. that is that.

assuming Walker stood firm in his holdout, then we bounce out Ferguson...here is the list of receivers that have the offense mastered.

Driver.

damn...thats a short list.

Obi1

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Chase,

Fergie is what Fergie is. he is the starting receiver on our team, the holdout is our 3rd receiver. At least it was that way last year.

Walkers numbers were impressive as it was because Fergie was out of the line up.

No question Walker is a budding star but Fergie should NOT be regarded a reject.

Afterall, how many times did Fergie cause a Brett INT by running the route poorly or lazily? Now apply THAT question to Walker...

Members online

Latest posts