Childress "lucky" to escape injury after collision with player

News Bot

News Bot
Reaction score
For a moment, Vikings running back Ian Johnson was ready to battle. "I'm just running my route and my eyes are always fixed on the quarterback," Johnson told Chip Scoggins of the Minneapolis Star-Tribune, talking about a recent practice. "I...

Source: ProFootballTalk.com

KilrB

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Now thats a Video I want to see! :happy0005:

Childress "lucky" to escape injury after collision with player
Posted by Gregg Rosenthal on June 4, 2010 10:31 AM ET
For a moment, Vikings running back Ian Johnson was ready to battle.

"I'm just running my route and my eyes are always fixed on the quarterback," Johnson told Chip Scoggins of the Minneapolis Star-Tribune, talking about a recent practice.

"I got hit by something and go up over my feet, end over end. I did a flip," Johnson said. "My first instinct was, 'Oh, I'm going to hurt whoever this was because someone just cheap-shotted me.' I look up and I see it's Coach Childress. He's on the ground and I'm like, 'Oh no, that's my ticket out of here.' You don't do that to the head man.
Well, you can if it's the fault of the coach.
"I sat there for about two seconds and he popped up and said, 'Oh, I'm sorry. That's my fault.' I was like, 'Whew, maybe I'm not out of here,'" Johnson said.
The third-string could joke about it now, but witnesses says it was a serious collision. Both men were left with major bruises, but nothing worse.
In the end, Johnson got to live out the fantasy of Packers fans, Bears fans, and possibly some Vikings players. He got to run over Brad Childress.

VolvoD

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Hopefully this is a good sign of things to come this season. I don't smell Vikings success back to back :viksux:

Members online

Latest posts