Cheesehead Fan Clubs

IPBprez

Cheesehead
Reaction score
We started getting off track on the Fergie thread - so, it's time to re-visit this train of thought that I had originally posted back when this Forum finally got its legs....

I'm looking on several Forums for comment on this subject....

Are you aware of, or a Member of, a Packer Club in your vicinity?

Here's a good example -------

kuston said:
Stadium Club
(480) 963-3866
2060 W Chandler Blvd
Chandler, AZ 85224

The web site is gone. We usually only hang there during preseason they have the Ku band dishes and show almost all the NFL preseason games, sofar I haven't missed a preseason Packer game in 5 years there. It is a OTB place and pretty crowded most times.

If you are looking for more Packer bars, their is a large (20-30) Packer club that hangs out at Famous Sams in Chandler. Ray & Alma School. The place is a dump IMHO A good size Bronco fan base here also.

In Ahwautukee, Bar None(the old Famous Sams) has a great Packer fan base. 5-10 hard core fans are there everyday. Another 5-10 show up on game day. The food isn't so good anymore.

This year I think the place to be in the south east valley is the new Half Moon Bar on Elliot. We talked to the manager and he seems to be up for it. We'll see, talk is cheap.
Now, RYAN has been great at placing links to most of the sites that are commonly known already.
They are ----

• 1. Baltimore Cheeseheads (est. 250)
    2. Buckeye PackerBackers (locations statewide)
    3. Central Florida Packerfans (need more info)
    4. Houston Cheddarheads (over 750 strong now)
    5. Idaho PackerBackers (two different towns)
    6. Indy PackerBackers (over 400 Members)
    7. Memphis PackerBackers (est 150 Members)
    8. Nashville PackerBackers (need more info)
    9. Northwest PackerBackers (est 500+)
    10. Pack Pacific (need more info)
    11. St. Louis PackerBackers (split into two groups )
    12. Tulsa PackerBackers (close to 1,000 Members now)
I did not list the Arizona Packer Club, as yet - it is unclear as to what organization, if any, they now have...

All above Clubs are viewed as truly organized, even if loosely - we can contact the Group Leaders. etc. etc. The more organized, the more they would have shirts, etc for sale upon Membership. Houston, Baltimore and several others actually have a Fee to join up. IPB has yet to make that a part of the Club format - were trying to avoid doing this... If we can create events, or sell Club items then that'd be the better way to corral funding... Several of these Clubs are now involved in Charity, including IPB which got its first taste of that during the Packers/Colts game last year... When you are grouped into an Organized collection of Fans - you now have a semblence of power which can be used for good (or get your butts run outta town) depending on how you approach that inner strength of the Membership. Think about it.....

I've also heard tell of a Group finally gaining some co-hesion in Atlanta - but still no way of contacting who might be in charge.

Now, obviously, a person could spend months reviewing all of the listed HANGOUTS we see posted on Packers.com, etc. - but our intention is to create a more functional site wherein a person could click on a pin-flag on a map of the U.S. (and later on, the World Atlas) and find out what ya need to know...

So - who's a Member of a Club - anyone?

Miskito

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Ryan said:
Anyone know why I allow IPB to do homework for his website on mine? :p

j/k

Looks like you're going to have to get rid of one more guy today, Ryan. Shame, really. He had so much promise.

OP
OP
I

IPBprez

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Ryan said:

j/k
Remember, ol' man, you would also then have info to list on that other web page where our Logo is planted.... eh? Guilty by association?

Ryan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Miskito said:
Ryan said:

j/k

Looks like you're going to have to get rid of one more guy today, Ryan. Shame, really. He had so much promise.

lol :lol: i can't get rid of IPB he's been here forever... ah well I guess I will let him exploit packerforum's audience for his site's benefit :wtf:

And christ he has more posts than I do! Then again so does Slick so I guess that isn't saying much :p

OP
OP
I

IPBprez

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Well, ol' buddy - they're usually NOT one word postings, now are they....?

And, this isn't just about getting an assist from your site onto mine....
It's about something inherently more important...organizing Packerfans!
Organizing Packerfans who can't make it to Lambeau for every game.

What's more fun than getting together for some good ol' Wisconsin hospitality and a Packer Game?

Answer: Not much, when it comes right down to it.

Anybody gonna answer the question?

Ryan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
IPBprez said:
Ryan said:

j/k
Remember, ol' man, you would also then have info to list on that other web page where our Logo is planted.... eh? Guilty by association?

Indeed indeed. You know I used to have a link on the IPB main page a long time ago when our site was good enough :p

Feel free to include our banner or small logo on your link stuff if you would like:

http://www.packerforum.com/images/Packerforumbanner.gif
You must be logged in to see this image or video!

http://www.packerforum.com/images/Packerforumsmall.gif
You must be logged in to see this image or video!

Anyone out there that wants to link to us feel free to use those images. You can even link back to our server so if we update the images they will change on your site.

sixone220

Cheesehead
Reaction score
IPBprez said:
Well, ol' buddy - they're usually NOT one word postings, now are they....?

sharing an article from another site shouldn't count :wink:

just playin IPB, we appreciate the hook ups

OP
OP
I

IPBprez

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Ha ha - what a row.... the only thing missing = is a tapper from this web site for a tall cold Leinie!

On the link I had on our site - I do believe I moved it to another location...
We keep a special web page for ALL Packer Links - You should go check it out...always growing!

Thanks guys - Are there any Clubs, or potential Clubs, in your areas?

Raider Pride

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Ryan,

Sharing is a good thing. I appreciate you allowing IPB to do a little homework here. I tend to hang my hat at one team forum and one team forum only. This is a very good forum, and I am here to stay.

However, as much as I travel, any link I can find that has Packer/Raider bars or clubs nation wide is a big help to me.

IPB if you know of any in Providence R.I. let me know please. I am heading there soon.

P.S. I really think the Pack should make a move for this kid... I really do becuase he is not going to get the shot in Raidersville with the talent they have.

www.http://sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?f ... E8G491.DTL

RP

Chamuko

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I know Ryan because you are a Packer Gentlemen and will be willing to help fellow Packer Backers,,,, as far as I know we dont have any kind of Packer fan club where I live, so I will start one at home !!!!! Aither you are a Packer Fan or no food will be served !!!!! :twisted:

OP
OP
I

IPBprez

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If anyone is looking for a possible Hangout anywhere in the Country, then use these links as a Starter --

Packers Web Site
Just select the State and you'll get the larger list to review....

SouthEndZone Site
Scott always lets you send in updates about your location - very timely! Good friend, too!
SAVE LAMBEAU

JS Online....

Obviously there are others, but these are visited the most....

Here's what we've started on IPB --- IDAHO was the most successful - We WOKE those guys up!

IndyPackerBackers Collection

If you have a notion to step forward in your area and organize... then PM me and I'll send you a short list of things to try and what to look out for in advance... trust me, there "are" a few things to consider....

ORRELSE

Cheesehead
Reaction score
IPBprez said:
If anyone is looking for a possible Hangout anywhere in the Country, then use these links as a Starter....

Ryan, where do you hang out in Omaha for the games? I know I'll probably have NFL Sunday ticket (like I do here in Virginia), but its a pretty good bet I'll be moving back to Omaha in the next year. Just wondering if anything new and cool was around for Packer hangouts.

Ryan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
ORRELSE said:
IPBprez said:
If anyone is looking for a possible Hangout anywhere in the Country, then use these links as a Starter....

Ryan, where do you hang out in Omaha for the games? I know I'll probably have NFL Sunday ticket (like I do here in Virginia), but its a pretty good bet I'll be moving back to Omaha in the next year. Just wondering if anything new and cool was around for Packer hangouts.

ORRELSE, funny that you should ask that. I was just doing some googling for published hang outs. I usually just stay home and watch the games, we get most all of them here as long as they don't get stupid and try to put the chiefs game on or something lame. If for whatever reason I can't get it I will run to the Varsity on 96th and L (it's like 5 min from my house) or DJ's Dugout I heard has all the games on that are being played. We caught one game there back in 2000 when I first moved out here.

What brings you back to Omaha?

OP
OP
I

IPBprez

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Hey RP - Morant sounds like he'll do okay - but let's see what happens - You never know, Randy Moss could get hurt and be out for the season... He really would end up being the WR Coach at that point.

Don't think the Packers are gonna spend any more capital on new Players now - we're getting ready to trim down to 53 - it starts with this next game...

Latest posts